A character named Buddy?

Started by d i l l o n, Nov 17, 2007, 10:20:04 AM

Author
A character named Buddy? (Read 1,477 times)

d i l l o n

d i l l o n

According to the soundtrack listing for AvP-R, there's a track titled: "18. Buddy's New Buddy (1:59)" Wow, all we need is a guy called Rusty and the hick town stereotype will be complete.

Afterthought: Could 'Buddy' be Dallas' nickname in the movie? If so, it could mean that Dallas and the Predator team up; something the directors said wouldn't happen.

Jango1201

Jango1201

No buddy is the hunter that gets facehugged. I beleive his "Buddy" Is the facehugger or the chestburster that brakes out of him

Jango1201

Jango1201

And yea one of my initial thoughts of the characters in the beggining was that they sounded like a bunch of hics

Master

Master

Also Buddy maybe teen who was taken through window.

WisePredator

WisePredator

Or the dog...

Anonymous684

Anonymous684

Quote from: WisePredator on Nov 17, 2007, 11:21:12 AM
Or the dog...

Yeah Molly's do! Mabe we will get a runner?

Master

Master

No other hybrids will be seen in this film.

pred_alien

pred_alien

Quote from: Master on Nov 17, 2007, 11:36:36 AM
No other hybrids will be seen in this film.
you know this how???

Master

Master

Look at the budget. They didn`t have enough money to place alien eggs in this film so it would be quite odd to waste them for another hybrid that would be only visible for fans cause every one else will not even notice its existence.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteLook at the budget. They didn`t have enough money to place alien eggs in this film
Bullshit, the eggs simply weren´t part of the story here, not everything that isn´t in this movie automatically has to do with money.

Master

Master

If so then it is even worst. To f**k up cycle because they wanted to is unforgivable.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Theres Buddy, Kelly, Ricky, Carrie, Molly, Darcy, Scotty, Sammy...  all boring suburban names.

Theres probably a Bobby, Robby, Candy, and a Wendy too  ::)

Welcome to Mr. Roger's Neighborhood. Good god.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Master on Nov 17, 2007, 04:00:05 PM
If so then it is even worst. To f**k up cycle because they wanted to is unforgivable.
I dont even have to forgive them because i think its something new and interesting.
Im looking forward to it all the way.
QuoteTheres Buddy, Kelly, Ricky, Carrie, Molly, Darcy, Scotty, Sammy...  all boring suburban names.
The names in alien werent the best ones either, even the studio hated them and that was the first thing they said to dan o bannon when they read the script.

Anomaly

Anomaly

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Nov 17, 2007, 04:04:03 PM

The names in alien werent the best ones either, even the studio hated them and that was the first thing they said to dan o bannon when they read the script.

Dallas, Ripley, Lambert, Brett, Kane, Ash, Parker.

If Alien 1 had a problem, O'Bannons mustve been revised like it should be, so I dont see the problem.

I heard his concept in interviews on the Collectors Editions, and yes Dan O'Bannons style was more Star Wars: silly and weirded out than what Alien became.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

QuoteDallas, Ripley, Lambert, Brett, Kane, Ash, Parker.
Average names either. I dont see the problem with the names in avp-r.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed