Sanaa Lathan

Started by Hankerson, Mar 12, 2007, 11:41:30 PM

Author
Sanaa Lathan (Read 4,555 times)

Hankerson

Hankerson

I saw the episode of "Family Matters" (Revenge of The Nerd) with Sanaa Lathan today! Her character kissed Steve Urkel not once but twice and the second time there was definitely tongue action.

What have you seen her in?

SM

SM

Nothing except AvP.

She's quite attractive, but she really struggled with a pretty dodgy script, so I won't be running out to watch her other work any time soon.

scarface

scarface

Yea she is pretty but not the best role for lex.

Newsfop

Newsfop

I thought she was believable as the character since I had never seen her before.

CELTICPRED

CELTICPRED

She sucks.

srsly.

topman

topman

she's on the first Blade movie

scarface

scarface

Yea, im 12 now, when i saw avp in theatres i thought all fo the acting was good, i was 9 back then. Now it hink and thought she wasnt the best to play her.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Her acting is painful to watch.

Either that; or she was horribly miscast.

She did not emerge as a tough character, and seemed more like a little girl "playing hero", than emerging as a hero.

I felt her character was not only being spoon-fed as a heroine, but more like forced-down my throat. Kind of like a facehugger forcing an alien embryo down my throat, but worse.

Later on, I felt sick to my stomach watching her performance and listening to her "tough voice" one liners.

If they want a lead, regardless of gender, hero, they need to seem tough. We shouldn't have to be force fed convinced of it.

Darkness

Darkness

Only ever seen her in AvP and I thought she was terrible.

I've said this many times but the scene that makes me cringe is when she says to the Predator: "Good, I hope it kills every f**king one of them". She puts emphasis on the swear word for the sake of it. Well, there wasn't any need for her to swear at all. But yeah, the script certainly didn't help her to begin with.

Rilyreign71

Rilyreign71

???  Wow ! What harsh comments many of you have for Sanaa. I thought her acting was ok, gathering the crappy script, director she had to work with. No, her performance was not stellar, nor was it her best. But it was fitting seeing that Paul Anderson directed and could have completely killed off two iconic movie monster franchises.
Every forum that I have seen have had some rather low-class comments about her, even resorting to  referring to her as that nasty 'N' word, which was no need for that. As far as her 'playing hero' she (her) character was forced to do such.

I also thought that Ms Weaver was forced to 'play hero' as well when her crew were killed off, but that's another topic.

Many fault Sanna for her performance, but little is said about the rest of the cast. But I have to ask this...what if that loser Paris Hilton was the lead, would that have been better or more believable?

Darkness

Darkness

QuoteEvery forum that I have seen have had some rather low-class comments about her, even resorting to  referring to her as that nasty 'N' word, which was no need for that. As far as her 'playing hero' she (her) character was forced to do such.

Hmm, I never considered the race thing to be honest. I've been on a lot of forums and I've never come across anybody using racism as a reason against her. I just thought she was a bad actress.

QuoteMany fault Sanna for her performance, but little is said about the rest of the cast. But I have to ask this...what if that loser Paris Hilton was the lead, would that have been better or more believable?

Yeah, they were bad too, especially Verheiden but Lex is the lead role. You expect the lead role to have some talent. But no, Paris Hilton, definitely not. Can't stand her.

Rilyreign71

Rilyreign71

Well as I said you do the best with what you have. She had a dud cast and director so her performance is excusable. Sorry not trying to sound like a wench to you or any one, but I find her  to be very talented and skilled. AVP wasn't her best show of her acting skills. This was her CatWoman.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Rilyreign71 on Mar 13, 2007, 08:51:20 PM
Well as I said you do the best with what you have. She had a dud cast and director so her performance is excusable. Sorry not trying to sound like a wench to you or any one, but I find her  to be very talented and skilled. AVP wasn't her best show of her acting skills. This was her CatWoman.

That and she was MISCAST.

Darkness

Darkness

I think she was even contracted for the sequel wasn't she?

Even if Fox wanted her for AvP2, I doubt she would have done it. She's learnt her lesson there.

SiL

SiL

There have been plenty of reluctant heros that were far better than Lex. It was jsut poor writing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed