Alien Fan Whining...not entirely unwarranted

Started by happypred, Nov 10, 2007, 01:42:32 AM

Author
Alien Fan Whining...not entirely unwarranted (Read 7,845 times)

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Gates on Nov 17, 2007, 12:15:14 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 16, 2007, 11:44:02 PM
(1) The Marines killed a lot fewer than you might think. It's a superficial view. You have to take into consideration confirmed deaths we actually see (plus, the high number seen on the motion tracker closing in around Ripley and Hicks, later on in the story). Even the one Vasquez shot was still at least moving after. It might have merely been stunned and little more.

So true...I love how everyone assumes they are kills...if memory serves me right the only confirmed kills in Aliens are by way of Smartgun, Sentry Guns, and shotgun in mouth (which are maybe a total of 10-15 kills, 20-25 if you want to give the Sentry Gun kills that many), you clearly see the aliens blown to pieces by those weapons...the Pulse Rifle and sidearm hits are questionable, if you watch closely all the bullets fired at a distance from these two weapons spark on impact, call me crazy but when a bullet sparks on contact with any object, it can only imply two things; A. it bounced off, or B. fragmentation of the round (in which case the kinetic energy of the round itself is lessened)...never does the movie show penetration by these rounds, except for two point-blank range hits; ergo, the Vasquez getting wounded scene and Hicks' acid spray in the elevator, and as Xenomorphine pointed out, the alien that Vasquez shot in the head was still alive, just wounded and completely out of the fight...
So true, my friend. So true.

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: superunknown on Nov 16, 2007, 11:57:23 PM
Predator fans have a mental block when it comes to certain things.  Arguing with them with logic and canonical points is useless, I've learned that much.
I hear ya. It's disturbingly true. I learned the HARD way. :-\

Janke

im a pred fan more than alien but seriously i feel bad for the aliens they totally make them seem like
"bugs" rather then the menacing sob's they were in the old movies. seriously who wouldn't wanna see a new alien movie. even if not done right its their movie so they'd be kickin arse. i think it would make so much money it would be ridiculous

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Janke on Nov 17, 2007, 05:54:00 AM
im a pred fan more than alien but seriously i feel bad for the aliens they totally make them seem like
"bugs" rather then the menacing sob's they were in the old movies. seriously who wouldn't wanna see a new alien movie. even if not done right its their movie so they'd be kickin arse. i think it would make so much money it would be ridiculous

It might not make as much as the avp movies,  thats why there making them....for the greens

Janke

Quote from: PredatorBruth on Nov 17, 2007, 06:00:23 AM

It might not make as much as the avp movies,  thats why there making them....for the greens

but dont u think making both predator and alien seperate movies would make bundles of money i just think it would be awsome to have them both in their own

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Janke on Nov 17, 2007, 06:02:26 AM

but dont u think making both predator and alien seperate movies would make bundles of money i just think it would be awsome to have them both in their own

well if they thought that, they would be makin a pred 3.....and keepin the aliens series goin, but it wont makealot of money if guys like paul anderson direct it......but AVP crossover are makin more money then the single franchise movies.

Janke

Quote from: PredatorBruth on Nov 17, 2007, 06:08:01 AM
Quote from: Janke on Nov 17, 2007, 06:02:26 AM

well if they thought that, they would be makin a pred 3.....and keepin the aliens series goin, but it wont makealot of money if guys like paul anderson direct it......but AVP crossover are makin more money then the single franchise movies.

man one day hopefully well see them on their own again when they finally hit a brick wall. so whos up for tom welling as supes lol hahaha

PredClanLeadrr85

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 16, 2007, 11:44:02 PM
Quote from: PredClanLeadrr85 on Nov 16, 2007, 11:24:07 PM
we all know aliens can kill !! they are lethal we all know this!!! BUT BUT In Aliens a team of marines mainly 10 of them killed soo many Aliens.. I am true pred fan but i do respect aliens and enjoy all the films. All i am saying is 5-7 of the main character marines killed off at least 30+ Aliens if not more it seemed like alot... Hudson's last stand he killed like 4 of them in a couple seconds just firing his gun before he was killed. I dont see why its weird in the preview we see Wolf kill a handful of aliens. Wolf could eliminate the entire squad of marines from aliens with relative ease in the right environment so i dont see why alien fans think its not possible.

(1) The Marines killed a lot fewer than you might think. It's a superficial view. You have to take into consideration confirmed deaths we actually see (plus, the high number seen on the motion tracker closing in around Ripley and Hicks, later on in the story). Even the one Vasquez shot was still at least moving after. It might have merely been stunned and little more.

(2) Elite Predators? Great! But if they're going up against opponents who go into paralysis, they're not going to look very elite. What's frustrating so many is not that the Predator is killing so much, it's that the supposed opposition isn't putting up much of a fight, even in circumstances when it has every opportunity to do.
[
[b](3) Predators could kill Colonial Marines, sure. But the opposite could also be said to be true.
[/b][/b][/b][/i][/u]

-------I really don't think the opposite could be true. I don't know anyone on here who wants to try to debate and say the marines from Aliens could have a chance agaisnt wolf. They were frantic, shooting wildly at air when trying to kill Aliens. They were shooting almost all around them in every which direction. The Aliens are stealthy ,but they dont cloak either like a Predator. I think if marines were to fight a Predator it would go down kinda like in PREDATOR 2 when the team was massacred inside that freezer shed. Or in AVP when they were walking down the corridor and Predator was next to the statue. A skilled Predator would have killed every one of them in minutes. Marines have strong weaponry ,but it won't do them much when they can't see what there fighting. Plus if they acted anything like they did in Aliens they wouldn't have the dicipline or focus to even cause the Predator harm... he would just watch them as the yelled, shooting the walls , until he decided to shoot his spear gun, shoulder cannons, disc, or maybe just set a trap. hmm we never seen what a disc could do when thrown at a group of people... considering he's only those it a individual objects....

SiL

They were panicked and frantic because they had limited supplies and were up against a larger number of foes who could use the environment better than them.

Give them adequate supplies and a half-way competent leader, and a Predator is screwed. Motion tracker tells them where it is, weapons' fire does the rest.

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Nov 18, 2007, 12:14:05 AM
They were panicked and frantic because they had limited supplies and were up against a larger number of foes who could use the environment better than them.

Give them adequate supplies and a half-way competent leader, and a Predator is screwed. Motion tracker tells them where it is, weapons' fire does the rest.

You can't shoot what you can't see. The Aliens showed this. And a Predator is literally invisible.

SiL

But the cloak isn't perfect. If the tracker shows you the right way to look, and you're looking for a distortion, then you'll see the Predator.

PredClanLeadrr85

Quote from: SiL on Nov 18, 2007, 12:19:24 AM
But the cloak isn't perfect. If the tracker shows you the right way to look, and you're looking for a distortion, then you'll see the Predator.

If the marines use the tracker like in Aliens tiptoeing and looking down at it every two seconds the will be dead before they even know there reading it right. Usually the environment in both Alien and Predator movies have given the preferred environment to the pred/alien. In Predator jungle easy to blend in and in Aliens a dark environment where they could be stealthy. Billy stared into the trees for a while when he saw a distortion and so did Harrigan on top of the building in P2. They stared long enough until they believed they were actually seeing things. I can say thats a pretty good cloak.  Im sure predator will just stand there waving his arms saying "here i am". In P2 the team knew the Predator was in the same room... the command module said he's right there!!!, above u to the left!! they basically had a motion tracker relaying info to the team and they saw nothing coming. So as for your motion trackerss.. they kinda already moved useless in P2...

SiL

Except when you've got a group of people, one guy can look at the tracker, and everyone else can look where he tells them to.

Noir-Gojira

Which can work both for and against them.  "He's to your left!  No, your other left!  Her right your left!"

Wolfs Girl

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Nov 17, 2007, 04:33:48 AM
Quote from: superunknown on Nov 16, 2007, 11:57:23 PM
Predator fans have a mental block when it comes to certain things.  Arguing with them with logic and canonical points is useless, I've learned that much.
I hear ya. It's disturbingly true. I learned the HARD way. :-\
So true, so very disturbingly and unfortunately true.
:-[

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed