Alien Fan Whining...not entirely unwarranted

Started by happypred, Nov 10, 2007, 01:42:32 AM

Author
Alien Fan Whining...not entirely unwarranted (Read 7,885 times)

Space Disc Jockey

Hell with AVP3...looks like Fox should greenlight "Aliens fans vs. Predator fans"

happypred

happypred

Judging by this thread, I don't think the issue is how many aliens can one predator kill or how many predators can one alien kill...the discontent is mainly over how they are portrayed and the way they kill each other

predator fans don't want predators portrayed as fat joggers

alien fans don't want aliens depicted as flailing retards

however question to alien fans: do you accept that it is more realistic to have a single predator hunt and stalk multiple aliens than it is to have one alien stalking a bunch of predators?

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Nov 10, 2007, 06:18:14 AM
Hell with AVP3...looks like Fox should greenlight "Aliens fans vs. Predator fans"

I don't see any mud-slinging yet  ::)

Space Disc Jockey

Give it time  ;)

Dark Passenger

well hey people look at it this way, what happens when ya mix predator1/2 with aliens. yes what were gettin now, in predator one they showed the pred1/2 characterisation but in aliens all ya see of them isjumping wall to wall gettin shot, so when ya combine pred1/2 and aliens thats what were gettin in avp-r going back to the roots. what alien fans want is a highly skilled hunter have trouble killin prey that its already had experience killing.

The Chibi Kiriyama

Quote from: wolfboy on Nov 10, 2007, 06:15:16 AM
As far as I'm concerned, predators are dominant over aliens. I don't consider them equal at all. One bleeds acid and tail whips. The other is armed to the teeth and can one-shot from a distance.

This film so far portrays it in a less biased way imo than AvP. The only reason it looks biased is because there's only one predator and there are quite a few aliens. They can't all give him a hard time.

Sure. So, a powerful, methodical creature is cannon-bait because the Predator is well-equipped. How brilliant. It's all coming to me now...Aliens just involved the Marines clean-sweeping the creatures, due to their fiyahpowah. Yes, that's how it went down. We're not talking about an organic creature that the Predator would specifically hunt due to the difficulty in such a quarry, we're talking about simple animals.

I wasn't aware the director had a second account. :-X

happypred

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 10, 2007, 07:18:48 AM
As far as I'm concerned, predators are dominant over aliens. I don't consider them equal at all. One bleeds acid and tail whips. The other is armed to the teeth and can one-shot from a distance.

This film so far portrays it in a less biased way imo than AvP. The only reason it looks biased is because there's only one predator and there are quite a few aliens. They can't all give him a hard time.

Sure. So, a powerful, methodical creature is cannon-bait because the Predator is well-equipped. How brilliant. It's all coming to me now...Aliens just involved the Marines clean-sweeping the creatures, due to their fiyahpowah. Yes, that's how it went down. We're not talking about an organic creature that the Predator would specifically hunt due to the difficulty in such a quarry, we're talking about simple animals.

I would say that one very experienced Predator whose dedicated his entire life to hunting xenos is more dangerous to a group of aliens than a squad of marines who have never encountered them before...if they were an elite marine squad specially trained for bug extermination that might be a different matter

Dark Passenger

I never really got the point in goin for the aliens in an extinction situation, its good to be a fan f the alien movies but why would ya go for the aliens its the situation and movie that makes the aliens interesting, but with preds its actually them that interesting wat ever they do you want to no what theyre doing and why there doing it and preds arent there to wipe out the all humans so it easier to go for the preds, and in aliens it was the situation and human characters and aliens that made it entertainin so its all on the situation, but with pred1/2 it was the creature that made it interesting thats why its easier to characterize the preds then aliens, i think thats what the bros are trying to do here on avp-r

The Chibi Kiriyama

Experience in killing Aliens like the Wolf has is one thing. Simply disregarding AVP like how wolfboy does simply because he has this odd belief system is another.

Dark Passenger

im kinda gettin sick of these AVP movies, because of there is no way to make the alien fans happy, it almost sounds like the alien fans want the preds and aliens not touch each other. or go in he same room as one another.

The Chibi Kiriyama

There's a way to make both sides happy. It's just that differing fandoms involve themselves in the vision of the production crew, and the studio has too much say. Rectify this, and the fanboy b*tching on both sides will stop. It's just that the people behind this seem to blatantly disregard this fact for "awesomeness" at the expense of what the fans really want.

Dark Passenger

Yeah its dificult to make a aliens vs predator movie even, 1)to make it epic need more then one alien so need a whole hive. 2) if youhave more then one pred it goes out of chracter because they usualy go hunting alone. 3)the only way it would be fai for both sides is if it 'alien vs predator' but then it wuldnt be very epic or exciting.

Its Game Time

You know what i think. People should stop complaining. this is Avp galaxy not Alien galaxy or predator galaxy. There shouldnt be alot of Complaining about which gets treated better. I personally dont care who wins. I love them both the same. I do understand the alien fans are worried about the next film but you know what, at least there is going to be another film. Avp almost killed any chance of another alien or pred movie. You guys should be grateful there is going to be another movie with aliens in it. I understand that you would want your favorite to be treated better and thats fine but seriously there will probably be plenty of moments where the aliens are better. Just enjoy what you do get instead of worrying, besides its just a movie.  :)

Dark Passenger

Quote from: Its Game Time on Nov 10, 2007, 08:58:42 AM
You know what i think. People should stop complaining. this is Avp galaxy not Alien galaxy or predator galaxy. There shouldnt be alot of Complaining about which gets treated better. I personally dont care who wins. I love them both the same. I do understand the alien fans are worried about the next film but you know what, at least there is going to be another film. Avp almost killed any chance of another alien or pred movie. You guys should be grateful there is going to be another movie with aliens in it. I understand that you would want your favorite to be treated better and thats fine but seriously there will probably be plenty of moments where the aliens are better. Just enjoy what you do get instead of worrying, besides its just a movie.  :)

Yeah ey, i find it funny how were fans of these creature and there movies and for some reason people complain about about having them on screen, im just glad the franchise is still goin.

shakermakerman

Quote from: happypred on Nov 10, 2007, 05:31:53 AM
Quote from: Fitzley on Nov 10, 2007, 05:24:11 AM
I really don't think the first AVP is all that biased. You did have Grid take down two preds right away, but the Celtic/Grid battle is how I imagine a pred/alien fight would go down (wish it had been done better, but hey). It was a rough and tumble confrontation that could have gone either way. The predator lost because of hubris...which actually fits.

After that though, Scar pretty much walks over his adversaries once he gets his cannon until jumped later right before the escape up the tunnel. And Scar dies killing the queen...it seemed to go back and forth pretty nicely. The only downside for pred fans is that he had help from a human.

Grid gets to kill Celtic in the most memorable fight in the movie whereas the lamest fight (if you can call that split second a fight) was when Scar slices the alien's face off and holsters his shuriken in a really cheesy way

Dont think paul had the time to do more fights.

wolfboy

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 10, 2007, 07:18:48 AM

Experience in killing Aliens like the Wolf has is one thing. Simply disregarding AVP like how wolfboy does simply because he has this odd belief system is another.

Marines =/= uber Predator sent specifically to kill aliens

If you want to count AvP, even they got blown away with single plasma caster shots. I'm not saying aliens are not powerful. I'm saying preds have the upper hand...unless they're in space on a ship, then the aliens have the upper hand. Close-combat is just my opinion against yours, but with the addition of attacking from range, preds are more dominant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed