Number of aliens in avp

Started by scarface, Mar 11, 2007, 02:00:55 AM

Author
Number of aliens in avp (Read 3,787 times)

scarface

scarface

Small thread. but how many aliens were in avp.

Hankerson

Hankerson

Logically the number of aliens can only exceed the number of dead people by one; the one being the queen. But since this film already has so many errors, there's no telling unless you sit and count them. So...get to it!

scarface

scarface

I did count, but some of the people couldnt of created aliens because some werent in the pyramid, so hmmmm.

Newsfop

Newsfop

The number of drones totaled six in the beginning. I made a point on one viewing to count the number of holographic figures were represented in the sacrificial chamber. Then another guy, Verheiden and Miller got grabbed. They're later shown bursted.

That's 10 plus the queen makes 11.

Sebastions baby was post-natally aborted. Then we're left with the image of scar's bundle of misery. You count those, then you have 13.

scarface

scarface

But when scar is shooting his cannon at the aliens how many does it hit, plus the aliens that when to go free the queen.

Newsfop

Newsfop

You see him take out at least two, maybe three. You don't see every hit as some of the shots cut to Lex's reactions. Considering he keeps missing Grid, it's possible that not every shot is a hit. Scar also slashed one across the face. Lex took out an alien with the spear. She got another one with a rail gun. All the rest were killed off via explosion save for the queen. We saw what happened to her.

scarface

scarface

OK so all that math leads to 10 fuly grown adult aliens, 3 killed off from scars cannon, alien dead from spear, 6 freed there momy.

Vader the White

Vader the White

I estimated about 18 adults.

I guess there were about 30 humans.
Now, take out Lex and Weyland. (28)
About 5 people died on the surface. (23)
That guy who slid to the end of the tunnel killed by Scar. (22)
One of the men killed (after the hunt started and the plasmacasters are taken) with the noose. (21)
Sebastion's burster died early. (20)
The first guy who fell into the shafts during the reconfiguring died from a head-bite(deleted sence). (19)
That guy in the net right before Grid killed Gill and Celtic. (18)

That gives me a total of 18 aliens, give or take.
Heh, weird that I acculally gave this thought by myself last week along with the total xenomorphs in Aliens.

Also, you should not say what the total aliens were from how many seen because some could not have been seen and were some where else in the pyramid.

SM

SM

There were six intially hugged in the sacrificial chamber.

Rousseau, Thomas, Joshi, Cannon and two others.

Verheiden, Miller and Verheiden are later abducted.

So there's 9.

Scar kills one.  Don't remember how many are shot.  Nor how many of those are killed.

Lex kills another.

So by the time they get back to the grotto, there's 7 at the absolute maximum.  Lex kills another.

No way of telling whether the bodies of Bass, Stone, Stafford, Weyland or Quinn are used as hosts.  Seems unlikely.  And we can rule out any of Quinn's men being used as it negates the whole point of what Lex and Scar are trying to do - stop the Aliens reaching the surface.

Vader the White

Vader the White

Quote from: SM on Mar 12, 2007, 11:42:00 PM
No way of telling whether the bodies of Bass, Stone, Stafford, Weyland or Quinn are used as hosts.  Seems unlikely.

Yeah, seeing as they are dead.  Once dead, they cannot be used as hosts. That would be impossible.

SM

SM

Not neccesarily, but you've got delve into other areas for that, such as:

a) a dead Brett being morphed into an egg
b) Babe the ox

But both examples are open to a lot of interpretation.  Be interesting to see if Quinn's body is visible in the grotto scene towards the end.

Newsfop

Newsfop

I don't count face-huggers.

1.) It's impossible.

2.) You need a host for a facehugger to impregnate.

I don't think that the penguin in the whaling station got bursted. Though the thought of a pengualien is rather hilarious. Can you imagine a xenomorph shuffling around looking at it's feet?  :D

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: Newsfop on Mar 13, 2007, 02:19:49 AM
I don't count face-huggers.

1.) It's impossible.

2.) You need a host for a facehugger to impregnate.

I don't think that the penguin in the whaling station got bursted. Though the thought of a pengualien is rather hilarious. Can you imagine a xenomorph shuffling around looking at it's feet?  :D

"look out its COMING TO GET US, as soon as it get over here!!!"

LOL,

I don't think Aliens pick up traits from hosts that would not benifit them.

So NO midget/dwarf/Little People/Vetically challenged/Muchkins (whatever were supposed to use to describ'em now) Aliens.

scarface

scarface

That would be cool if all the aliens turned on one alien and a facehugger got to it, that would be kinda cool.

Vader the White

Vader the White

A penquin alien would be funny!!!!!!!!!! ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed