What made you a fan?

Started by Vader the White, Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM

Author
What made you a fan? (Read 150,739 times)

Vader the White

Vader the White

What made you a Pred and/or Alien fan in the 1st place?

Me, it was a combinitation of a pic of the 1st alien I saw at about age 6 or 7 and watching AVP.

This was the picture:

Also, I remember seeing the Alien poster around the same age above and that image stuck in my mind, I even drew the egg for a while.

EDIT:
Also, my grandmother used to run a comic book store and I remember two Alien comics:
Batman/Aliens and Superman/Aliens.

Gangster Predator

Gangster Predator

I first saw the predator when I was 9 years old and he became my favorite cuz he had all the gadgets and weapons u can think of! ;D

Hankerson

Hankerson

Listening to "Aliens" from bed when I was a kid as the adults watched it, the Cobra-Alien toy synched the deal. I was a little disappointed when the Cobra-Alien wasn't any of the films.

fluxcap

fluxcap

Just viewing Aliens and Predator the first time when I was around 7 or 8. Watching them at such a young age had an effect on me I suppose and I've been a fan since.

BrokenTusk

BrokenTusk

love the first Predator but AVP really got me into the franchise.

Cromartie

Cromartie

The whole movie

Darkness

Darkness

Seen all the films since I was a kid. What got me into it was when I bought the Predator SE DVD and played a demo of AvP2. On one Predator mission. Was totally amazed at how great it was.

Pax

Pax

I had occassionally seen edited-for-TV broadcasts of the first two movies when I was a kid, and then, when the Aliens: Earth Hive novel came out in '92 I bought and read it, and have been hooked ever since.

-Pax

Alien5

Alien5

What made me a fan was the first time I saw Aliens, of course when it came out I wasn't aloud to watch it but eventually I did and fell in love with the entire story line. After viewing Aliens I went back and watched the orginal and liked it as well. Predator use to scare the crap out of me espcially when he took off his mask but after you grow up it's not so scary...or is it??? ;D

AtR

AtR

Saw all alien movies when I was a little kid, loved them. Hence, alien fanboy in general. Plus they're cool :P

War Wager

War Wager

First I saw AvP and I thought the aliens were really cool creatures. Then I saw the alien series and then the predator movies. I fell in love with both of them.

gameoverman

gameoverman

I can't remember which one I saw first - I think it was Aliens - and I thought it was brilliant.  They have always been my fav movies.  The internet just solidified my fandom.

ZombieSlayer909

ZombieSlayer909

Ha ha mine tops your's all!!!!

At 14 I was at Walt Disney World I was at MGM Studios and went on the Great Movie Ride. Before the ride they show the trailers of the movies on the ride. You know the classic wind howling kinda effect of the Alien trailer?

Anyway on the ride they had Ripley and behind her they had slime dripping from the ceiling. Then farther on they had a really nice Alien anamatronic come out from the wall.

After that it was Alien movies then Predator then AVP. That's my story. Yeah!! ;D

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Dark_Magician on Mar 10, 2007, 10:37:25 PM
What made you a Pred and/or Alien fan in the 1st place?

Me, it was a combinitation of a pic of the 1st alien I saw at about age 6 or 7 and watching AVP.

This was the picture:
http://enc.absoluteavp.com/pics/alien.jpg

Seeing the movie I am weird i had always loved things that to most girls are gross and scary.  But what really got me into it was the pair of Scar and lex, I know im really weird

Its Game Time

Its Game Time

I became a fan when i first saw Predator. Then i saw Predator 2. Then i heard about Alien vs Predator comics and i read one. Then i wanted to see Alien and i did. Then i saw the rest of the movies and i was hooked. So it was the first Predator movie that made me a fan.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed