Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:18:10 AM

Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android?

Human
393 (59.6%)
Android
266 (40.4%)

Total Members Voted: 609

Author
Bishop in Alien 3 - Human or Android? (Read 356,523 times)

maledoro

Quote from: Darkness on Dec 13, 2006, 11:16:57 AM
Tell me maledoro, if you're so convinced he was human, how do you explain Weyland in AvP? Do you just consider Bishop II to be an ancestor or what?
I'll let my essay do the talkin':
http://www.alienexperience.com//index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=512&topic=51.0

Darkness

Darkness

Jesus, I can't believe you actually wrote all that.

It was very interesting to read anyway.

The Ultimate Predator

Interesting indeed, especially as the DVD backs up your story. However, are you saying he is just a look-a-like, in response to Darkness? To me, thats very far-fetched.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 13, 2006, 02:50:37 PM
Interesting indeed, especially as the DVD backs up your story.
I hope so, considering I got some of my info from there!

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 13, 2006, 02:50:37 PM
However, are you saying he is just a look-a-like, in response to Darkness? To me, thats very far-fetched.
First off, how many clones are there walking around?

Now, how many people are there who look like George W. Bush or Abraham Lincoln? Quite a few. Now, you can say that it's really stretching things to propose that CBW has a lookalike working for the same company. Mind you, 175 years apart. I can do better, twice. When I was in junior high school, I was hurrying to get dressed after Gym to get to my next class. The teacher told me that I didn't have to hurry because I had a whole hour yet. He also called me by a name that in no way resembled my own. I figured that he just got my name wrong. A few months later, I found out that there was a kid with that name and that we looked a lot alike.

I still get people stopping me on the street asking if I'm so-and-so.

My told told me that one of his greatest fears is that he'd be arrested (or worse) out of mistaken identity. When he was a kid, he used to cause all kinds of trouble. One of his classmates (who, coincidentally, had the same first name as my dad) would mistakenly take the rap for my dad's misbehavior.

ShadowPred

I say android just because i find it hard to believe that after he got hit by a pipe on the side of the head he was not knocked out

maledoro

Quote from: ShadowPred on Dec 13, 2006, 11:04:35 PM
I say android just because i find it hard to believe that after he got hit by a pipe on the side of the head he was not knocked out
If you find it hard to believe that he wasn't knocked out, read the part about head injuries in my essay. Even if he was hit square in the middle of his head, he doesn't have to lose consciousness.

Corporal Hicks

You know what might help? Video demonstrations.  :P

maledoro

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 13, 2006, 11:14:24 PM
You know what might help? Video demonstrations.  :P
I'll get my mallet.

The Ultimate Predator

Go for it. I'm pretty damn sure its unlikely that yo can get hit and still stay standing.

maledoro

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 14, 2006, 01:32:39 PM
Go for it. I'm pretty damn sure its unlikely that yo can get hit and still stay standing.
You didn't read my essay, did you?

Plus, as discussed before, he didn't remain standing; he did crumple down after the blow.

The Ultimate Predator

I read, just not sure I buy it.  ;D

Glad you got your name back.

maledoro

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 14, 2006, 02:38:28 PM
I read, just not sure I buy it.  ;D
Well, it comes from science; not just from the whims and prejudicies of moviegoers. Just because one wants him to be an android because it's "kewl" or that they had little knowledge of head injuries and look-alikes, doesn't make him an android.

Of course, it doesn't hurt to listen to the people involved with putting the character on the screen...

Quote from: The Ultimate Predator on Dec 14, 2006, 02:38:28 PM
Glad you got your name back.
Thanks. Me, too.

The Ultimate Predator

QuoteWell, it comes from science; not just from the whims and prejudicies of moviegoers. Just because one wants him to be an android because it's "kewl" or that they had little knowledge of head injuries and look-alikes, doesn't make him an android.

Of course, it doesn't hurt to listen to the people involved with putting the character on the screen...

Its not the move thing, I just know if I hit someone over the head, especially with them bleeding and missing an eye, they would be unconscious/semiconscious or screaming etc.

Corporal Hicks

Ear, you mean?  :P

I'm a bit skeptical myself. It's just one of those things I'd need to see to be able to believe without a doubt.

The Ultimate Predator

Ear, yes. I dunno, I just feel more inclined to think that he is an android, but I stlil have to re-watch the scene.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed