If female Predators hunt in AVP3 or Predator 3, would you be upset?

Started by Space Disc Jockey, Nov 04, 2007, 09:03:47 PM

Author
If female Predators hunt in AVP3 or Predator 3, would you be upset? (Read 74,996 times)

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 29, 2013, 09:37:26 PM
Designs work by visual association. Female Predators do not necessarily have to look feminine by our standards. They are aliens. If one wants to design them as such, however, breasts are not required by any means. Other things we usually associate with females can work just as well, and better; body proportions for one, or long hair (like Blacklabel suggested), or 'gentler' facial connotations (if one can make Predator facial connotations 'gentler', that is).

All true. I'm sure if a female Predator ever makes it's way onto the screen it will largely depend on who is in charge and what demographic they are shooting for. Since the Predator franchise has always been geared more towards the mans man action flick crowd I'm sure we'll end up with something that leans more towards a proud Alien Valkyrie with noticeable female characteristics.

Trying to make a Predator into something it's not can backfire drastically. Scar in AVP is a good example of this. So I don't envy the designer in charge of realizing this potential being.

I'd be more pleased with something less ham fisted and more on the subtle side. The real question would be what would their role be in the Predator culture? Subservient, even docile creatures reserved for breeding? Or sitting on high as a ruling matriarch driven society?

I like to think of the Predator race as a race on the decline. That they reached their technological pinnacle hundreds if not thousands of years ago and are now reverting. Soul searching. Getting back to their roots.

DUB1

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jan 29, 2013, 10:20:06 PM
Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jan 29, 2013, 09:37:26 PM
The real question would be what would their role be in the Predator culture? Subservient, even docile creatures reserved for breeding? Or sitting on high as a ruling matriarch driven society?

Why would female Predators need to be either subservient to the males, or to rule Predator society with an iron fist? How about making the genders equal in status? That would make them more alien.

OpenMaw

It might make it more alien, sure, but it wouldn't fit with what we've seen. Especially with tribal or hunting cultures like this. There are too many parallels already established to just say "lol aliens" now. Female predators would more than likely fit into one or the other of the two categories.

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Bring on females with A-cup tatas n let them be badass

zasz

zasz

I can't remember, but in-universe, how do we know all of them were male?

Looking at the toy figures, it strikes me how tiny their waists are  :laugh:

CONKERSBADFURDAY

Not a bit. I think it would be kind of cool actually.

Shinobi Wan Kenobi

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 10, 2013, 04:27:14 PM
It might make it more alien, sure, but it wouldn't fit with what we've seen. Especially with tribal or hunting cultures like this. There are too many parallels already established to just say "lol aliens" now. Female predators would more than likely fit into one or the other of the two categories.

Make that C cup. Word.

JokersWarPig

I think it'd be best if the female predators where left to the imagination, like female elites from Halo and the like. That's just my opinion though.

Raiden

Raiden

Yes,she-predator can come, provided that she bleeds , and can be killed.
I hate the idea like if the she pred is kind and being protected by their male counterpart. Predators are cruel and that's what make them attractive, isn't it?
Family? Not the thing for the pred!(but I do enjoy the cartoon with Royce the broken legs, the young alien and the predator kid)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Let's not presume that the brutality they show to prey translates to each other. We've seen how Predators behave in groups. In Predator 2 their was quite a bit of order and a sense of ceremony as they carried off City Hunter. In AVP:R, one of the few worthwhile moments was when Wolf was checking out the Predator ship and actually indicated a hint of grief at the death of his Predator comrades.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 04, 2007, 10:12:25 PM
Quote from: Soul on Nov 04, 2007, 09:08:20 PM
Female predators should stay in comic books and fan forum conversations, period.

Don't forget the erotic fanfiction.
What is this I don't even... LOL

Personally, I like the idea of just reading a bit about them in the EU since a lot of things get... how should I put it? Misinterpreted when transferred from a comic/novel to big screen.

TorsoInvader

I would not really have a problem with Female Preds being shown.

Going by what we know in the EU female preds look different then the males(and lets not mention the babies),they are larger(over 8 feet) and see the long hunt as foolishness.There are very rare instances that females do get interested in the hunt and participate,but they are usually considered outcasts to other females.

TheRaven

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Mar 15, 2013, 03:02:10 AM
I think it'd be best if the female predators where left to the imagination, like female elites from Halo and the like. That's just my opinion though.

I agree with this but otherwise I wouldn't mind if they were shown.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed