Wolf - marked as a warrior or not?

Started by Sheriff Eddie Morales, Nov 03, 2007, 10:15:14 PM

Author
Wolf - marked as a warrior or not? (Read 2,055 times)

The Chibi Kiriyama

Well, a certain deal of truthfulness needs to be considered if the Predator comes from a society that highly praises prize kills. The Predator in question could kill any random human, remove their skull, and play it off as a worthy kill in their collection without another Predator present. It's the same deal with the etchings. Considering that the Alien blood would still have DNA and whatnot, it would probably just take a quick test on their part to determine whether it's really Alien blood.

OneThousandEyes

OneThousandEyes

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 04, 2007, 01:59:38 AM
Quote from: gameoverman on Nov 04, 2007, 01:57:11 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Nov 04, 2007, 01:54:04 AM
That's true...they could steal one...maybe that's why they do both?
one thing for sure a scar is easier to carry then a gian Alien head whereever you go

Just carry a photo of it.  ;)
Lol...*shows to boys*
Pred: well, what you think?
Pred1: that's so fake...
Pred:Well..uh...i...*shoots him runs away*

Haha  :D

"Someone call for the manager, it looks like every copy of the Alien Quadrilogy set with the alien head is gone! And someone saw a shimmering thing outside the store... weird.."

gameoverman

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 04, 2007, 02:04:52 AM
Well, a certain deal of truthfulness needs to be considered if the Predator comes from a society that highly praises prize kills. The Predator in question could kill any random human, remove their skull, and play it off as a worthy kill in their collection without another Predator present. It's the same deal with the etchings. Considering that the Alien blood would still have DNA and whatnot, it would probably just take a quick test on their part to determine whether it's really Alien blood.

Don't forget that the pred's helmet has a recording device.  Maybe it can record visuals too.  So that way they can have proof that it was a worthy kill.

CanadianHero67

The mask makes him look like a warrior with the markings unless he's supposed to have that T (from AVP) on his mask to be a warrior.

Xenomorphine

Quote from: gameoverman on Nov 04, 2007, 01:59:15 AM
Or they could just use regular acid.  It doesn't matter.  It's not very good proof.  Anderson f**ked that one up.  And it contradicts Predator 2.

Not if the scars heal, which they probably do.

I don't think they're proof, so much as a ritual. People who go hunting foxes wipe blood over cheeks, but it isn't proof they've physically killed; just part of the ceremony. The helms they wear probably 'video record' everything which is done, so to speak.

Which is one of the reasons I think it was removed in the original film, like how Agent Smith removed the earpiece when he wanted to go to town on Morpheus - no monitoring.

Sheriff Eddie Morales

Don't forget that the pred's helmet has a recording device.  Maybe it can record visuals too.  So that way they can have proof that it was a worthy kill.

I have the unrated version of AvP.
And there Scar watches Lex and Sebastian.And he really has a video recording device,cuz he played it or something like that when they both(Sebastian and Lex) runned. ;)

Stalker

Stalker

Not all clans are involved in the blooding ritual, & as such, even veteran hunters who have killed many aliens may not be "marked". The Wolf is one of these.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Chibi Kiriyama on Nov 04, 2007, 12:05:40 AM
The etchings in the mask are proof enough, though the mark on his head looks dubious.

That was the basic idea. I remember it being mentioned they're like a kill count or something. Using...letters...wierd. Besides, like someone else said - Different clan, different rituals. Besides, he's a Zombie Pred. He doesn't conform.

chandoog

isnt the fact that half of his damn face is supposedly scarred by battles (assuming with aliens) proof enough of his warrior-dom ?

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 04, 2007, 11:52:28 AM
That was the basic idea. I remember it being mentioned they're like a kill count or something. Using...letters...wierd. Besides, like someone else said - Different clan, different rituals. Besides, he's a Zombie Pred. He doesn't conform.

The individual who posted here and worked on it, said they weren't given any directions as to what they were meant to be, but that in their opinion, it was like an engraved war prayer.

Corporal Hicks

Which could be really cool. I hope they release the language sheet.

justaguy

Quote from: Dutch Schaefer on Nov 03, 2007, 10:15:14 PM
Hey,guys,in the first AvP movie those was teenager Predators.
And they become adults after their first successfull alien kill.
Wolf has battled aliens and before.But i don't see a sign that makes him warrior.
Not on the mask,neither on the head.
:-\

What do you think?
If he has battled aliens before and have gone trough a manhood ritual like in AvP why the Hell did he doesn't have those mark? ???

Look at the mask there's quite a few marks.

justaguy

Quote from: Dutch Schaefer on Nov 03, 2007, 10:15:14 PM
Hey,guys,in the first AvP movie those was teenager Predators.
And they become adults after their first successfull alien kill.
Wolf has battled aliens and before.But i don't see a sign that makes him warrior.
Not on the mask,neither on the head.
:-\

What do you think?
If he has battled aliens before and have gone trough a manhood ritual like in AvP why the Hell did he doesn't have those mark? ???

http://www.empireonline.com/images/image_index/hw800/23391.jpg
Look at the mask there's quite a few marks.

Sheriff Eddie Morales

But those marks are not the same as the ones in AvP. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed