Started by Ballzanya, Nov 02, 2007, 08:43:32 AM

Which design is better?

Aliens of course
56 (73.7%)
AVP-R has a better alien design.
20 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author
"AVP-R" alien design vs. "Aliens" alien design (Read 4,815 times)

WisePredator

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 02, 2007, 03:54:05 PM
It saddens me to see the long lost Bio-Mechanical look  :'(
R.I.P
Bio-Mechanical Design
1979 - 1986

:'(

Porkus Maximus

That is the only image of the AVP-R aliens so far that I might actually like.  Except for the arm/shoulder it kind of reminds me of some shots of Spike from Alien 3.

shakermakerman

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Nov 02, 2007, 10:16:47 AM
I love the alien in requeim, minus the tail, chest, and arms and legs.

so you hate it then? lol

TheAncientEnemy

In my opinion, the worst thing to happen to the alien design was the change from 4 fingers and two thumbs to just four huge fingers. The six-digit idea was much cooler and I liked that interpretation of how the alien would take human characteristics and kind of enhance them. A four-fingered beast just seems cheap.

Aside from that I was a fan of the AR aliens. I used to like the ridged skull back in the day but now I prefer the smooth dome. My beef with the new design is the mouth. It looks like when you make a duck shadow puppet and open and close your hand to make its mouth do the same. There is no cheek or lip definition... just a lever opening up.

Oh well.

Gates

Gates

Quote from: WisePredator on Nov 02, 2007, 03:59:35 PM
R.I.P
Bio-Mechanical Design
1979 - 1986

Where's Master Chief when you need him...we need a 21 gun salute... ;)

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 02, 2007, 04:00:47 PM

I've been wondering about that particular scene since we first saw it...where the hell is that green light coming from? Could this be in the predator scout-ship (hopefully not)? Also, it must be one quick scene because there isn't another shot with that green light in any of the trailers/video we've seen...I'm really curious about it...

EDIT: It matches my signature...should I go jerk-off now?  :D

WisePredator

Quote from: Gates on Nov 02, 2007, 04:06:42 PM
R.I.P
Bio-Mechanical Design
1979 - 1986

Who needs Cheif, I want Johnson! ;D

ShadowPred

johnson's dead!  :'(

WisePredator

Quote from: ShadowPred on Nov 02, 2007, 04:11:43 PM
johnson's dead!  :'(
NOOOOOOOOO :'(
He was the comic releif :'(

Fine...

Lord Hood and Arbiter 8)

Gates

Well I meant the guy on these forums whose name is Master Chief, he was army (I think)...but okay... ;D

Spaghetti

Quote from: ballzanya on Nov 02, 2007, 08:43:32 AM
Just thought I'd make a poll to see what people think of the Alien design for avp-r, and if it really holds up to the design they're supposedly trying to emulate.

First here are some pics of the aliens from "Aliens" .

no contest. Winston smokes ADI

Cameron's aliens may have been called bugs,
but they were not as big pussies as these so-called AVPR "aliens"

Huol

R.I.P
Bio-Mechanical Design
1979 - 1986

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on Nov 02, 2007, 04:00:47 PM

I've been wondering about that particular scene since we first saw it...where the hell is that green light coming from? Could this be in the predator scout-ship (hopefully not)? Also, it must be one quick scene because there isn't another shot with that green light in any of the trailers/video we've seen...I'm really curious about it...

EDIT: It matches my signature...should I go jerk-off now?  :D

Wheres masterchief?
Kicking alien ass.

WisePredator

Quote from: Huol on Nov 02, 2007, 04:20:51 PM
R.I.P
Bio-Mechanical Design
1979 - 1986

Wheres masterchief?
Kicking alien ass.

F**k me that's amazing!

Accaris

R.I.P
Bio-Mechanical Design
1979 - 1986

Don't you mean 1979-1993? The A3 design was even more biomechanical than the Aliens one, imo.

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: Accaris on Nov 02, 2007, 04:23:03 PM
R.I.P
Bio-Mechanical Design
1979 - 1986

Don't you mean 1979-1993? The A3 design was even more biomechanical than the Aliens one, imo.
You mean 1992...

I looked at the making of A3 yesterday, and the Dog/Bull Alien looks fleshy...

Quote from: Spaghetti on Nov 02, 2007, 04:20:12 PM
Quote from: ballzanya on Nov 02, 2007, 08:43:32 AM
Just thought I'd make a poll to see what people think of the Alien design for avp-r, and if it really holds up to the design they're supposedly trying to emulate.

First here are some pics of the aliens from "Aliens" .

no contest. Winston smokes ADI

Cameron's aliens may have been called bugs,
but they were not as big pussies as these so-called AVPR "aliens"
Exactly, and ADI's AVP-R Alien teeth look like they are plastic teeth and that just jut out...

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

Quote from: ballzanya on Nov 02, 2007, 09:21:14 AM
Quote from: Master on Nov 02, 2007, 09:16:14 AM
Ok. good argument. Still I like "Alien" alien the most. Other designs are hardly comperable.

I would have made a comparison of the aliens from every film they've been in, but that would be way too many pics. Besides the avp-r aliens are supposedly an attempt by ADI, colin and greg to emulate the Aliens design. Safe to say they failed miserably, and its a shame really.
I almost don't want to see any future alien films if this is what we'll get.
Ever since Alien resurrection, the aliens haven't quite looked right, and alien 3 being a rod-puppet in many instances was not perfect by any stretch, it was an intentional deviation from the original design as well due to it being born from a dog.

What's even worse is that the mouth on the aiiens from the first avp are better than the ones in avp-r, although i do like the ridged heads. Its just too bad we ended up with a mess of alien:resurrection/avp/aliens all thrown together at random it seems to create the design for them in avp-r.

I also almost regret posting this abomination:

Damn I hope there's no avp 3, I can't deal with disapointments like this anymore.^
Why is the shape of the mouth like that? Its f**king lame as hell. The funny thing is that I didn't notice anything this bad in the red band trailer. The only time it comes close is the two aliens in the sewer but for some reason they don't look as bad as many of the screen caps from the store showdown clip.
I wonder if its the fact that taking a still of them and dissecting them so to speak, lets you see how bad they are and how the lower budget really affects things. >:(

then dont go see the movie.  stay home.  dont even rent it.  you are obviously disgusted with the quality of the strause bros direction, adi and everything as a whole.  dont go.  it's that simple.   

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed