Started by Ballzanya, Nov 02, 2007, 08:43:32 AM

Which design is better?

Aliens of course
56 (73.7%)
AVP-R has a better alien design.
20 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Author
"AVP-R" alien design vs. "Aliens" alien design (Read 4,811 times)

Ballzanya

Quote from: vortep on Nov 02, 2007, 09:43:13 AM
For me the difference is not so big so i vote in just respect for AVPR

Fanboys. ::)

I was just about to make a post asking who the retard who voted for avp-r just to be a dick was, and then I read this.

Gates

Quote from: ballzanya on Nov 02, 2007, 09:46:40 AM
Fanboys. ::)

I was just about to make a post asking who the retard who voted for avp-r just to be a dick was, and then I read this.

:D

I think it's safe to assume what I voted for... :)

Stalker

Stalker

Quote from: ballzanya on Nov 02, 2007, 09:46:40 AM
I was just about to make a post asking who the retard who voted for avp-r just to be a dick was

You can't attempt to degrade someone just because their opinion is different from yours. Furthermore, showing me pictures of Stan Winston's warriors to "show the inferiority" of the Requiem versions isn't necessary, I already know full well how both creatures look, furthermore, I actually said in my post that I preferred the original warriors, so try reading posts properly before you reply to them. The Requiem versions do look slightly different, but they're not horrible by any means.

Space Disc Jockey

Space Disc Jockey

Whether we like it or not, Fox is not going to hire Stan Winston/team again to work on the Alien or Predator movies. So, if you have not gotten used to ADI, better start getting used to them now. Yes, get used to the fact that we wont see Winston's or Giger's Alien again.

Anyway, I'm not really disappointed at all with the Aliens in this film, because I expected ADI to not redesign the whole Alien body, due to the low cost of the budget.

Like I said, I'm happy with what I have seen so far with the Aliens in AVP-R. I expected a major overhaul in the head design and I got it. Not so much a new design with the overall body, but at least it doesn't have Alien Resurrection's flat tail, for example. I even liked the Aliens from AVP. Again, not as good as the earlier designs from the previous films, but better than Alien Resurrection.

Instead of turning this thread into a "crap on fest" of the ADI Aliens, why don't we point out what ADI has done right (if there is ANYTHING) with this Alien design. There must be something positive to say. Do you think it's an improvement over the AVP Aliens, at least?

Gates

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Nov 02, 2007, 10:05:32 AM
[...] So, if you have not gotten used to ADI, better start getting used to them now.

No thanks...I rather continue picking them apart...it's much more fun... ;)

Quote[...] why don't we point out what ADI has done right (if there is ANYTHING) with this Alien design. There must be something positive to say. Do you think it's an improvement over the AVP Aliens, at least?

Nope...same sh!t, different smell...

But hey...that's just me... ;D

Dusk

Instead of turning this thread into a "crap on fest" of the ADI Aliens, why don't we point out what ADI has done right (if there is ANYTHING) with this Alien design. There must be something positive to say. Do you think it's an improvement over the AVP Aliens, at least?

To be honest, I actually think that the Requiem Aliens look even worse than the AvP ones. The body seems to be exactly the same, so I'm not gonna start complaining about that again, but I don't think the attempt at recreating the heads from Aliens went all that well. The thing I most dislike is the new mouth, the teeth look a bit too big and cartoony even. And the transparent skin holding the jaw together is also not all that great.

They managed to give us a great Predator, but this time the Aliens are disappointing.

Plokoon111

I love the alien in requeim, minus the tail, chest, and arms and legs.

chandoog

whenever the AvPR aliens have their mouths closed they actually look very good, its the weird gum thing for their teeth that ruins it all

WisePredator

Quote from: Space Disc Jockey on Nov 02, 2007, 09:30:58 AM
But you should give ADI credit in that this is THEIR best Alien desgin in a long time (especially, more so than AVP and Alien Resurrection).
I like ADI's A:R and AVP Alien rather than their AVP-R Alien.

Johnny Handsome

I like the new head better then the "aliens" one, but the "aliens" body is better.
Overall i voted avp-r though.

RedIce

RedIce

There have been variants of the aliens in the graphic novels, but I have to say that Stan Winston's designs rip the guts out of ADI's.

Xenomorphine

There were no improvements. They're the same costumes, they just have a different head fitted on them.

xenomorph36

i hate the goddamn avpr movie as much as the next guy but i still voted for avpr design.. only because it looks more stylized than the aliens. i'm a fan of the organic look more than biomechanical. call me crazy and stupid all you want but i like it. note that the first movie i ever saw was alien3 and than aliens and i thought they were amazing but after i saw the creatures in a4 i thought the organic look was slightly better than the biomech design. although my all time favorite deisn is queen alien from aliens and dog alien from alien 3.

ShadowPred

It saddens me to see the long lost Bio-Mechanical look  :'(

dallevalle

of course the old once are better they are old school :D
but i gota say i dont have anything against the new, but my vote is aliens of course.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed