Budget ??

Started by beeko, Mar 07, 2007, 02:58:15 AM

Author
Budget ?? (Read 22,315 times)

beeko

beeko

anyone got any idea what the budget is for avp2
i think avp was about 70 million but they used alot of sets which may cost alot more than location shoots

Darkness

Darkness

It's still unknown and will probably stay that way. AvP's budget was $45m. AvP2 will probably be even lower.

SM

SM

I doubt it'd be lower.  AvP did well enough for them to justify pumping at least that amount again into it.

Mind you, AvP2 seemed to be shot mostly on location, so they wouldn't have to build big temples.  Which only cost $2 million anyway, but there you go.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

I thought the budget for AVP was closer to 60 million?  I know the advertising budget was 35 million, though.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: SM on Mar 07, 2007, 07:53:17 AM
I doubt it'd be lower.  AvP did well enough for them to justify pumping at least that amount again into it.

Mind you, AvP2 seemed to be shot mostly on location, so they wouldn't have to build big temples.  Which only cost $2 million anyway, but there you go.

A lot of people say that but I'm convinced it'll be a lot lower. From what we've heard so far. Only one Predator. There was originally going to be five for AvP but that was cut down to three for budget reasons. Plus Henriksen would have cost quite a bit and the Queen. I just don't think Fox would give first-time directors a huge amount for a sequel.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

wow i thought it was much higher then 60 million

The Ultimate Predator

The Ultimate Predator

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 07, 2007, 06:09:02 PM
Quote from: SM on Mar 07, 2007, 07:53:17 AM

A lot of people say that but I'm convinced it'll be a lot lower. From what we've heard so far. Only one Predator. There was originally going to be five for AvP but that was cut down to three for budget reasons. Plus Henriksen would have cost quite a bit and the Queen. I just don't think Fox would give first-time directors a huge amount for a sequel.

Maybe, I'm not so sure. We just won't know till we know.

stickaround

stickaround

AvP's budget was $70mill with an advertising budget of $35mill. Go to www.the-numbers.com for this and other relevant info. It also has the release date for AvP2 as 25th december.

I'd be extremely surprised if AvP2's budget is anything like the first one, there is nothing to suggest it will be. Because of the actors and location it should mean more pred on alien action though.

SonOfTheDark

SonOfTheDark

Im pretty sure Anderson had less than they had for Alien 3, which was like 50 million, so 45 million could be right...

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Quote from: stickaround on Mar 07, 2007, 08:01:45 PM
AvP's budget was $70mill with an advertising budget of $35mill. Go to www.the-numbers.com for this and other relevant info. It also has the release date for AvP2 as 25th december.

I'd be extremely surprised if AvP2's budget is anything like the first one, there is nothing to suggest it will be. Because of the actors and location it should mean more pred on alien action though.

Aye, I saw that as well, but other places give 60 as the number so I just took the lower of the two.  Anyway, budget is probably the last thing that makes a great movie.

SM

SM

QuotePlus Henriksen would have cost quite a bit and the Queen.

Henriksen isn't exactly a-list.  Or even b-list.  Suspect the Queen might've cost more than Lance.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Probably true.  I am sure the queen took a HUGE chunk of the budget.

Uncanny Antman

Uncanny Antman

For what it's worth, Peter Briggs had this to say on the subject of AvP's budget:

QuoteI actually can't bring myself to listen to the commentary on "A vs P", but I'll tell you this: Fox said the budget was 60 million. It wasn't. The budget was 38 million. Anderson got the job on the basis of bringing in a balance sheet to prove he could do the movie for that amount. Say what you will about him as a writer/director (and I have no respect for him on the former, and little on the latter), but the guy is extremely business-savvy from a production standpoint.

uhhhhh

uhhhhh

Wow, pulling a modern movie together with special effects and all for such a "paltry" sum really speaks volumes.

Gave me an entirely new respect for P.A.

SiL

SiL

He'd be much better suited as a production designer and producer than a writer or director. He knows how to get things cheap, and how to make things look great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed