Neither
7 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 68

Author
ADI or Dave Dorman? (Read 2,986 times)

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: SiL on Oct 29, 2007, 08:22:13 PM
I agree, he did overdo the spikes, but it's better than PredBoobies (TM).
;D yes....but theres alot of designs that are worse than what we got...that is for sure i've seeen some bad ones...this one looks (from a distance) like the one from AVP: Extention which was a design i liked

SiL

SiL

A bit bulky, but yeah, something like that.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

The Design we got was defantly one of the better ones from what i've seen...what's your favrote one you've seen if your so unhappy with this one?

SiL

SiL

It was a sculpture of a Giger Alien with mandibles and some dreadlocks hanging around the head. It was an Alien with Predator characteristics, not a hybrid, not 50/50, not a Predator with Alien bits tacked on like we got in the film. The only designs I've seen which I would say are worse than what we got would be those from the games, and that sculpt someone did of a Predator with no eyes and a smooth domed head. I shit ye not.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

I wouldn't say 50/50 for this design....i'd say more 25/75 or 30/70 the these guys credit it does look like an alien. if i saw that i'd yell "ALIEN" not it kept an alien deisgn with a little diffrent crest from a Queen much smaller, with bulkeir parts because PRedators are built better than humans

TheUrbanPredator

TheUrbanPredator

Why isn't there an option for both? Anyway, I pick Dave Dorman cos without his original designs for the Predalien back in the 1990's, ADI wouldn't have made it as good as they have now and it'd probably be a piece of **** and we'd be dreaming of the Predalien to look the way it is now. So I think Dave deserves some credit. Go Dave, go!  :)
Btw isn't there anymore concept pics of Dave's Predalien, I'm sure he's done a few? I'd love to see some more. I also wonder what the Predalien would've looked like without Dave's designs.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

The Faults in his are worse than ADI's

SiL

SiL

And what faults would they be?

PredBoobies(TM)?

Long hanging rustafarian dreadlocks?

Skin on the Alien?

Mandibles that look tacked on at the last second?

Oh wait, those are all the faults with ADI's designs. The only fault in Dorman's is the spikes.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

i'd also say the Tail and the overbite mandibles...

ADI, skin thing might only be that one pic other seem difffrent.  also from the one pic it looks like the ADI has a better face

Hybrid PM

Hybrid PM

Both versions are good. Im happy with what we got, Dormans is good as well but Im not too sure about the upper mandibles.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 29, 2007, 09:21:39 PM
i'd also say the Tail and the overbite mandibles...
Which are even worse on ADI's design.

QuoteADI, skin thing might only be that one pic other seem difffrent.  also from the one pic it looks like the ADI has a better face
I said the PredAlien had pecs since the first image, but nobody believed me. It's been clear all along that it's covered in flesh, and worse, Predator-coloured flesh. As for the face, Dorman's sketch is too small, but at least the mandibles flow better.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

The Mandibles give it an overbite...like i said at least ADI's doesn't...a mix between the two would be just right...ADI's is better in my oppion,, his look rock solid and won't move at all

Dusk

Dusk

Thise beats both, ADI and Dorman.

The Chibi Kiriyama

The Chibi Kiriyama

All I wanted was a larger Alien design, proper mandibles (which ADI got right, of all places, in AVP), no dreads, a streamlined shell-crest, and some really slight Pred patterns on the skin (the kind that take some scrutiny to see). That was all I wanted.

The ADI version has some of those elements, to be sure. It just follows the worst of the AVP aesthetic than the best.

Major Alan Schaefer

Major Alan Schaefer

I think some of the design was so non hardcore people would notice that its diffrenet

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed