The soundtrack: classical or metal?

Started by The Unknown, Oct 28, 2007, 12:12:16 AM

Would you like Heavy Metal or Punk music scattered through AVP-R?

Yes
11 (18.6%)
No
48 (81.4%)

Total Members Voted: 58

Author
The soundtrack: classical or metal? (Read 3,982 times)

Anomaly

Anomaly

With the details emerging about this film, theres a good chance the soundtrack may be mostly satanic metal through some scenes. One pet peeve of mine is when a good film doesnt even have a composer creating music for most of the film, and especially the credits.

Do you think this is a good idea?

Major Alan Schaefer

a mix of them at the right times? sure...random playing of it...no...Transformers for instance did this it worked great

Darkness

Metal?

They said it will all be orchestral.

SiL

SiL

...no. Hell no.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 28, 2007, 12:14:03 AM
Metal?

They said it will all be orchestral.
its a combo possibly?

pmaz11

Yeh I dont want any metal in the movie :P

Darkness

The answer will be a majority No.

A lot people thought we were going to get heavy metal music throughout AvP. Like that Apple Exclusive Trailer. Fortunately, the music turned out okay.

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 12:13:43 AM
a mix of them at the right times? sure...random playing of it...no...Transformers for instance did this it worked great

No. No it didn't.

There should be no punk or metal or whatever in this movie. There's already an Orchestral score being composed for this film, and thats all we need.

Whoever thinks this film needs punk and/or metal needs to re-evaluate thier understanding of this series of movies whilst smacking thier head repeatedly into a brick wall.

Major Alan Schaefer

Should this movie have it no...but i think it worked good in transformers...but ttha'ts just me

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 12:20:21 AM
Should this movie have it no...but i think it worked good in transformers...but ttha'ts just me

It was everything Michael Bay...

Shit.

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Aeus on Oct 28, 2007, 12:21:56 AM

Shit.
i think someone has a hate for Mr Bay....

I've seen a couple of his movies...not masterpieces but good action movies

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 12:23:55 AM

Shit.

I didn't mind Transformers. And I don't hate Bay. I just think he's 2nd rate.

He does average action movies. If you want to see some good action movies, see ones made by John McTiernan. For example: Die Hard or Predator. The latter of which you have no doubt seen.

MrLee

MrLee

i love metal.

but i will always stand by my view that, a horror movie with metal music doesnt work, its not scary, it just makes me think of action.

orchestral themes were best, memorable and really get the atmosphere great!

Major Alan Schaefer

Quote from: Aeus on Oct 28, 2007, 12:27:42 AM
Quote from: Major Alan Schaefer on Oct 28, 2007, 12:23:55 AM

Shit.

I didn't mind Transformers. And I don't hate Bay. I just think he's 2nd rate.

He does average action movies. If you want to see some good action movies, see ones made by John McTiernan. For example: Die Hard or Predator. The latter of which you have no doubt seen.
sadly our boy mctieren is out of the game....i've sen and adore Dir Hard, great stuff...sadlky i;ve sen lots of the action movies already made...so Mr Bay is the best thing we have new wise Bad Boys wasen't half bad and i shall it only on TV..

The Chibi Kiriyama

I'd be okay with a hard rock soundtrack, but two things would have to happen beforehand- we'd have to be assured of an orchestral soundtrack either included or sold seperately as music from the movie, and the songs would have to be more than just incomprehensible, obscure lyrics matched with loud noises.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed