New ReelzChannel AvP2 Segment

Started by Darkness, Mar 03, 2007, 10:12:12 PM

Author
New ReelzChannel AvP2 Segment (Read 13,767 times)

shakermakerman

Tom Woodruff  looks a bit camp on that pic dont he? lol

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Sil,  I stand corrected... Thanks.  Nevertheless, one of the criticism about AVP was 'Why wasn't Stan Winston involved in this?' It seems the Strause bros. did not seem necessary to involve old Stan in this... I hope the ADI boys do a better job on the Pred's face and helmet (according to the released pic, they DID NOT!! Bummer... it looks aged enough - seems it will be one of the Preds that were already on Earth, like the Pred I and II...) than they did on the first, making itrlook as organic and realistic as the first twqo Pred flicks... That is what i expect anyway..because about the settings, you already know what i think...

Trioxide

Trioxide

Pred I and II are dead.  They simply could not afford Stan Winston...

Darkness

Darkness

Yeah, that's one of the things that annoyed me. Stan Winston actually wanted to be involved with AvP but he's expensive. Same reason why he's not involved with AvP2.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Trioxide,  I was saying that the Predator that will show up in AVP2 will be one of those predators that were already hunting on Earth...  About Stan Winston, apparently, the Fox brass doesn't know that old saying ' It takes money to make money'... You accuse Paul Anderson, Jean Pierre Jeunet and Joss Whedon of destroying the Alien/Predator mythos, buut the only ones to blame are Brandywine, Alien powerful and arrogant producers, and the Fox top honchos who gave the green light for them to premiere the way they were and in the state they were. Paul Anderson was just another victim, like we were, of constant creative interference and maiming from Fox...the same with David Fincher and Jean-Pierre Jeunet...They LIKED Joss Whedon's script for Alien Resurrection, that was why we had that movie...The director is just a tool, the fall guy who gets blamed for the fiasco...not the producers who stripped the franchise bare...! That's my take, for all it's worth...

shakermakerman

Jean-Pierre Jeunet said at the begining of the spacial edition that the final cut was the final cut, and fox pumped loads into alien3 but yes they ripped it apart.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

All i was trying to say is that Fox has the final word about the script to be used and the final cut of any movie submitted...Ergo, FOX is the only one to be blamed for the decay of the Alien/Predator franchises, NOT David Fincher, Jean Pierre Jeunet, Paul Anderson and the Strause Brothers who I fear will be in this bunch...

Darkness

Darkness

Sure, Fox are to blame as well but the directors and writers have to take the blame as well. Paul Anderson is a terrible writer, terrible director, he has to take the blame for a lot of it.

SiL

SiL

Fox are to blame for giving the guy the alcohol, not driving the car into the tree.

beeko

beeko

at least the brothers are talking to the fans on the net thats a good thing

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Nevertheless, If Fox doesn't like a particular script, it forces the writer to improve it, to correct the mistakes and make it better...Fox is the only one who can greenlight a script to be filmed and with Paul Anderson's script it was no different from the Alien3's and the Alien Resurrection's...When you greenlight anything, it means you are OK woth it, so where's Paul Anderson's fault on this? If you read Paul's script, it had a lot of scenes deleted, a lot of scenes that didn't make it, especially one final confrontation between Scar and Grid, that actually showed up in a teaser or something, so there are a lot of evidence suggesting that the main reason why the Alien and Predator franchises are in the current state they are, is solely because of Fox's and Brandywine's arrogance, greed and cowardness... Tell me I'm wrong...!  About the Strause Bros., this 'talk to the fans', IMO, is just another marketting strategy to try t convince fans that their product is worthy...No different from the teasers, trailers, Inside Scoops, etc... just lining us up for the kill...so to speak...   ;D  

Darkness

Darkness

Well, Shane Salerno rewrote a lot of Anderson's script in Prague so we still don't know what Anderson's was like originally. But even so, nothing could have improved Anderson's script. It was terrible from the outset. Same thing with Alien Resurrection. Nothing would have improved that script.  I agree with you on the last bit though. I do appreciate what the Strause Brothers are doing on IMDB but yeah, all they're doing is trying to build hype up for their movie and to dispell any negativity.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

What do you expect from a movie called 'Alien versus Predator'? Fight scenes, right? So what about the setting, the context of the movie? How could you make a movie without the human element in it to give tension? Would you make it a 'up close and personal' battle or a 'shoulder cannon' shooting range? On Earth or on the Alien or Predator planet? These are the questions that go into making of a script like this, a script about two of the most powerful sci-fi franchises of the movie industry... Paul, IMO, did the best he could because he didn't have that much to work with...he wasn't gonna make an Alien nor a Predator movie, but a m

avp

avp

it looks like its coming  out good.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

I just don't see the relevance of an AVP sequel...   We are long overdue for an Alien 5, and Predator 3 would be like Pred 1 and 2, only probably in a different setting and time frame...but an AVP2? TWo monsters shooting, empaling one another, what's the fun in that? And after 5 movies with Aliens (this will be the sixth), they aren't frightening anymore, just getting too much familiar, hence losing all it's appeal...  And from my experience, movies always tend to look good especially if we are dying with antecipation, but we all know, from recent experience, that we tend to become disappointed with the final results...And the tendency is to get worse...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed