alien 5 on earth good or bad?

Started by frosty_141, Mar 02, 2007, 05:15:41 PM

Author
alien 5 on earth good or bad? (Read 5,153 times)

SM

SM

Yeah but what is the purpose of the protagonist(s)?  They have to have some drive towards some goal otherwise they lurch from one episode to the next with now direction.

In Alien it's - kill the Alien; in Aliens it's - survive long enough to be rescued, which becomes survive long enough to get to the dropship; Alien3 - kill the Alien, kill the Queen, deny the Company; Resurrection - get off the Auriga.

What would be the basic plot of an Alien V on Earth in the setting described (assuming we have the survivors of Res as starting characters)?

Meathead320

Meathead320

I was actually thinking it would be better it they NOT include the survivors of Res.

The source of the aliens? Perhaps the Derelict still exists. The explosion on the surface of LV-426 may not have been close enough to it, even if it was, there is still no way to be sure all of those eggs were destroyed.

There may have been multiple missions present going on at the time of A:R. One involved cloning the last known host, the other, an exploration to the original source. They may have gone missing on their way home, and arrive overdue. With an Adult alien and some eggs on board.

We pretty much find out that the reason the ship returned late was that a similar event to A1 took place on the ship, no one put the ship back on auto pilot, and it arrived late. As a means to say why it was not just faster to get an egg in the first place from LV-426 vs. Cloning Ripley.

Originally the cloning idea may have been plan B, the go get an egg was a likely plan A. Unfortunately the egg hatched, either before or after taken onto the returning ship, and A1 like events played out, except this time the Alien was successful. It has made several Alien eggs on the ship, including at least one of which is Queen bearing.

When the ship docks on earth, 20 years late mind you, one of the people who enters the ship could even eerily say a familiar line; "what happened to the crew?"

The IMHO would be a great source for the Alien.

As to how the drama would unfold? Perhaps a small group of survivors has a goal of getting to an old military base, one abandoned before the takeover, that may still have weapons there, tools to help survive.

These people could be tough too. Not just the impoverished, but old War Vets, and people who have just had to become tough, because well, they had too.

Now we just have to think of a climactic event for them. A way to say that they won the battle, not the war, but made a successful battle, and now have the means to survive better. To perhaps survive in the midst of the Alien infestation, to hold out until the rest of humanity returns with a better plan, OR, until they can come up with one on their own.

I have another idea I will type up in a little while.

SM you are a good one to type back and forth with as you are making me have to think!

I think I may actually have an idea, combining several aspects of the aliens EU, that I am going to cut up and use to write a general A5 on earth story. Not a long played out line for line, but just a quick over-view.

I think I have an idea what this battle is all about too.

Newsfop

Newsfop

With access to earth, there are many many many possibilities of new chestbursters. Humans are not exclusive to the facehugger parasite. What would happen if the aliens busted out of lions, elephants, snakes, wolves, hawks, cheetahs, etc. You could create hell on earth in a matter of days!

But you need someone responsible enough to handle it with good storytelling.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Ok,

The concept of a Planet ruler class of Queen, one Queen who no longer lays eggs, given the responsibility of being the singular ruler of an infested world.

All the other hives function the same as we saw in A2, no new castes in them. They are fine the way they are.

The purpose of this Uber-Queen (Empress, Queen-mother, Super-Queen etc...)  , would be as a telekinetic hub, a single Queen to rule the thousands of regular Queens and thus thousands maybe even millions of hives on an infested world, now Earth.

This Super-Queen, could even be a satellite to communicate with other Super-Queens on distant worlds.

I never like the Dark Horse look for the Super-Queen, she looked like a big Cricket, and had no arms, just two wimpy tentacles. Too far removed from what the Aliens look like, and sort of a letdown.

I did like the "nest" she was in however, with 6 giant orbs, like Alien eggs one big egg in the middle surrounded by 5 smaller orbs, and connected with tubes to the large one in the middle.

The outer orbs would contain the Queen Sized Praetorian Guards of the Super-Queen, and the big mamma herself would be a true monster. She would be simmilar to the AVP design Queen, except far larger, more armored and overgrown. That is essentially what she is, a Giant overgrown Queen. How large could she be? I would want her to be colossal, after all, to the Aliens she is the closest thing they have to a Deity. She should be more than twice the height and length of the Queen at the end of AVP, similarly designed, but sturdier and more powerful looking.

She has no egg-sack, and all she does is hibernate in her orb, which is a big half egg like thing that could be 50 meters tall itself. The surrounding orbs might be only 20 meters tall, and contain what look like normal-Queen-sized Adult Aliens, that are also more armored, and are the last line of defense before the monstrous Super-Queen.

When threatened she may call all of the aliens on that entire world to her aid. Enough blown up at once to at least sway the War, tip the tide in the favor of humans, soften up the aliens enough so that should a war ensue now, we may stand a chance.

There could be a special military team, dropped from space, to find this Uber-Bitch, to plant a Nuke near her, so that it could be remote detonated, and kill a huge % of the Aliens on earth when they congregate to aid the Super-Queen.

The movie could be about their mission. The may have been able to be dropped from space relatively close to her, but still have to travel several miles through Alien infested land to get to her, and when they find her, her guards, and then even her monstrous self may fight back too.

The Journey could be filled with Peril, and they could have some cool equipment at their disposal too. Not just moving on Foot, but having some cool futuristic vehicles etc...

Along the way, they may have to go through one of the remaining human settlements, and find the horrors of the deranged that were left behind. The cultist and demagogues that had emerged in those remaining communities of those left behind. 

predator3789

predator3789

I think it should be earth.because it would be somethin new and we all would enjoy to see it in a known city or thins like that. Another movie in space isnt really new....

SiL

SiL

After AvP 2, Aliens on Earth in a city won't be anything new, either.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SiL on Mar 06, 2007, 10:08:14 PM
After AvP 2, Aliens on Earth in a city won't be anything new, either.

No but AVP2 will be a contained event, blown up before it manages to cause a global takeover.

I was envisioning a post-apocalyptic world, ruled by the Aliens.

trekmaster

trekmaster

I hope on the good side

silversurfer

silversurfer

definatley time for mariines to go out mashing.

2 we get off the planet and make attacks from space

3 ripleys finally realises she has to get to the Uber queen

4 they go down side to capture a drop shop to get it back to the home planet

5 couple of marines o and ripley on a one way trip

THE END!

Vader the White

Quote from: Meathead320 on Mar 05, 2007, 10:18:17 PM

it is possible that they are genetically engineered, and may have even been made in space, and are therefore, ALIEN to everywhere.

They may even be a species that is trillions of years old. 

I agree with the genitcally enginerred idea. Also, nothing is trillions years old because the universe is only in the single digit billions.

I have heard some great ideas with the worldwide takeover idea. This could be cool.

Pax

Pax

A nice idea Meathead.  I like the idea of exploring the post-apocalypstic Earth, crawling with Aliens that lurk in every dark, shattered building.  The image in my head is very much the city from Blade Runner, but after a World War tore through it.

The use of the Empress super-queen is neat too, bringing together the Empress of AvP2 (a good design, with all the extra spikes and plates, but probably not big enough for what you're talking about), and, of course, the Queen Mother of Earth War (Boo Sam Keith!  Kill the bastard!  The description in the book was far better!).  I desperately want to see that big bitch in action on the big screen, tearing apart everything.  It's like a science fiction dragon ravaging the land.

You know how the Queen Mother in the comics/books was always causing dreams in humans via her telepathy?  Well, it kind of creeps me out that it came up today and I had a random dream about her last night.  Not just a regular queen, the big bitch herself.  Shiver-creepy.

I also have this twinkling of an idea that there should be some greater purpose behind the Aliens.  I have this voice in my head, some poor victim watching their world fall to pieces, "Now they seem to be moving towards some greater purpose.  But what?  And who's?"  All the Alien infestations we've seen so far have been short, very quickly wiped out.  The hive couldn't be guessed at from the events of Alien, perhaps there's some bigger mystery that could unfold if they were just left to their own devices for a while.  Perhaps it's this super-queen.

I can see the fall of Earth being very dramatic.  Portray the self-destructiveness of humanity, the greed, the opulence from the beginning, and slowly let mankind kill itself with the Alien.

Mmm, aliens...

-Pax

frosty_141

frosty_141

if people want an image of the ideas being expressed check out the intro for avp the arcade game, or check the graphic novel of aliens nightmare asylum, which has some of the best artwork ever!!!!

Extroheal

Extroheal

Quote from: Hankerson on Mar 03, 2007, 11:54:56 PM
Earth Hive! Earth Hive!! EARTH HIVE!!!
How I wish they made this into a movie. *sigh*

SiL

SiL

Am I the only one who thought the Earth Hive comics were ridiculous?

Nightmare Asylum had some great art, but that was it...

aliensetta

aliensetta

If its on earth it would be cool if it was in the past. Like when dinosaurs were alive. It would never happen but it would be cool. a Queen Alien fighing a T Rex that would be fun to watch.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed