alien 5 on earth good or bad?

Started by frosty_141, Mar 02, 2007, 05:15:41 PM

Author
alien 5 on earth good or bad? (Read 5,152 times)

frosty_141

frosty_141

what do people think about aliens on earth? in sewers? that is a scary concept, but i think they could take it too far and have aliens in zoo's lol well, you know turn it jurrasic park like, it would have to be carfully done as alien movies work best in confined areas, ships, bases etc..

Darkness

Darkness

Quotewhat do people think about aliens on earth? in sewers?

I hope not. That's what AvP2 will be so I'd much rather have A5 in the future.

Stalker

Stalker

Aliens need the right environment for a movie to compliment them, & somehow I just don't see how that would be done on Earth. Aliens are at home in space, terrorizing ships & colonies, etc., but having them anywhere else would really seem out of place. That's also one of my main concerns about AVP2, I'm still anxious to see whether the Strause bros. will be able to pull off the new setting effectively.

Hankerson

Hankerson

Earth Hive! Earth Hive!! EARTH HIVE!!!

kaz_lara

kaz_lara

Quote from: Hankerson on Mar 03, 2007, 11:54:56 PM

Best book I've ever read.

Meathead320

Meathead320

It can be on earth, IF it is a Future earth.

Also none of that Garbage like "War of the Worlds", or "Independence day".

The Alien's don't have an easily exploitable Achilles-heel.

If they get here, it is now about "escape from earth".

The Alien's would slowly take over, bit by bit, place by place, and ever expanding.

New hives would spring up as Queen's lay eggs for new Queens every so often.

Nothing is safe anymore.

For those with the means, they can leave earth.

Mass exodus of earth, to the far reaches of space, they leave for other colonized human worlds, and they will become the last outposts of humanity.

We come close to absolute extinction on earth. We are on the run, to perhaps return again, and fight for it some other day, some other time. Earth belongs to them now.

Then there are those left on Earth, small unfortunate pockets of human life, who were those unfortunate enough to not be able to get a ride off world.

They are forced to scrape by, barely holding on, day by day life is now an intense struggle.

Somehow, in an unknown way, the sky has become constantly filled with clouds, providing a dark atmosphere where the days always feel like dusk.

Even in a world where little sunlight penetrates, the earth has grown hot like the tropics, the seasons have stopped changing the way they should.

Like a constant hot muggy summer filled with rainy days.

This may be on earth, but not earth as we know it today.

SM

SM

Earth has to be worth saving though.  The Earth at the end of the Res theatrical cut was worth saving - the Earth at the end of the SE wasn't.

QuoteThey are forced to scrape by, barely holding on, day by day life is now an intense struggle.

Better idea would be for the Aliens to leave certain pockets of humanity alone for a while - allowing people to breed THEN raid them for more hosts.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Mar 04, 2007, 11:44:36 PM
Earth has to be worth saving though.  The Earth at the end of the Res theatrical cut was worth saving - the Earth at the end of the SE wasn't.

It still needs to be changed just enough to provide the Dark atmosphere more appropriate for an Alien film. Based off of the hive seen in A2, "it's like the tropics in here" gave me that idea, I believe it was also suggested by Dark Horse, and that is one of the ideas I actually like.

Earth being a wetter, slightly more dim place would be more fitting. There could still be some rain forests left; they still have plant growth even when the sky always is cloudy, because obviously there is still sunlight penetration. Earth would not have to become so dark that all plant life would die, just wrapped in a shroud of cloudy days. Sort of like Washington State.

I like how you brought up; "Earth has to be worth saving", because that would be a great line for the movie.

Somewhere on some space colony on a world that humans colonized long ago, that now is self sustaining, two of the more fortunate who got off of earth are talking about re-claiming earth:

Person1: "Why should we ever go back? Earth should be a no travel territory, let it go. Our satellite images show a really nasty place. They have turned it into somewhere not even worth saving"

Person2 retorts : "Earth is always worth saving".

That second line would probably end up on the trailers.

Quote from: SM on Mar 04, 2007, 11:44:36 PM
Better idea would be for the Aliens to leave certain pockets of humanity alone for a while - allowing people to breed THEN raid them for more hosts.

It could also be a bit of both.

There is a reason they are left alone.

Not that life will be easy in those communities either.

Every so often the Aliens return.

I do like that idea to, and it does add something new to the alien's behavior.

They will purposely not completely exhaust their own food supply.

Sure they will breed enough to take over, to have a 10 times population advantage, but they will still leave some live, just to maintain future hosts...

Creepy.

BUGZ

BUGZ

I would like to see A5 take place on the Alien world! I want to finally know where the aliens came from! That would be good to see! Earth? I think thats been covered by AVP..... ::)

BuGz :D

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: kaz_lara on Mar 04, 2007, 01:22:41 PM
Quote from: Hankerson on Mar 03, 2007, 11:54:56 PM

Best book I've ever read.

Really...? You mustn't have read many books...

I don't think A5 should be on Earth, I think it should be out there...in the distance somewhere. After AvP, the fear of the Aliens getting to Earth just isn't there. Let's have them going after the remains of humanity.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: BUGZ on Mar 05, 2007, 06:38:33 PM
I would like to see A5 take place on the Alien world! I want to finally know where the aliens came from! That would be good to see! Earth? I think thats been covered by AVP..... ::)

BuGz :D

What, and ruin the mystery?

No way.

Too soon for that. Besides, it is possible that they are genetically engineered, and may have even been made in space, and are therefore, ALIEN to everywhere.

I think that would be most fitting.

They may have evolved beyond what they were first intended to be, and they may have taken over thousands even millions of distant worlds.

They may even be a species that is trillions of years old.

They could be older than our planet itself.

To really do the creature justice, it would be best to say that they no longer have any homeworld, but rather claim many as their own.

I would like to see one of these worlds. Even cooler would be a new caste, an Uber-Queen, one giant superbitch, who does not lay eggs anymore, but is more like a giant telepathic overlord, who's purpose is to keep all of the sub-Queens united, to prevent infighting and hive wars, she could even be exchanging information with other Uber-Queens on remote planets, for some unknown purpose, like a Satellite system herself.

She could look like the Queen in AVP, but much bigger and more powerful, and guarded by 5 huge (normal Queen sized) Praetorians with all of them (6 including the majesty herself in the middle) sleeping in 5 huge Alien egg like constructs.

I was not a huge fan of everything in dark horses Earth war, but that scene of the world ruler class, out in the open, with 5 giant eggs surrounding an even bigger egg, all connected with tubes from the big one to the smaller ones...Well I just thought that image was really cool.

The way the "mother Queen" was drawn in the comics looked like garbage however.

I think the no-arms, the cricket looked head etc...ALL LOOKED DUMB. Big letdown after seeing those big egg like orbs. I would have much preferred she look like a Giant version of a normal Queen, but more armored and overgrown. The AVP Queen looked like what I would have wanted her to look, but no matter, now they could just make it an even bigger more overgrown version of THAT Queen.

This would just be a "one Uber Queen, and 5 Praetorians of hers for any single given planet, and no more".

The Praetorian Guards of this Queen would also satisfy the need so many fanboys have to see them too, and not screw up the "normal working lifecycle" of regular Alien hives either.

SM

SM

QuoteIt still needs to be changed just enough to provide the Dark atmosphere more appropriate for an Alien film. Based off of the hive seen in A2, "it's like the tropics in here" gave me that idea,

Simple solution to that is to actually set the film in the tropics.  Central America would be preferable since it's close enough to home for a Yank audience to relate to.  Somewhere like Tikal in Guatemala could provide some striking visuals and it'd be a good place for a hive - though it'd be too derivative of AvP.  But you can have a tropical jungle as dark and gloomy as you want - especially during the wet season.  And what's more they're teaming with life.  You'd get a decent reaction out of an audience if the characters stumble over a nest of dead monkeys (or something similar) all with holes in their chests.

Meathead320

Meathead320

That would be a fine setting for the human drama to unfold onscreen, and to provide the correct lighting for an Alien film as well.

I still think that them being on earth, with an earth now over-run with Aliens, after a mass exodus of surviving humans from earth would also add a lot of the "impending doom" feeling.

Not one of those quick we fight back and win popcorn flicks.

If they make it about humans finding a way to survive after earth is lost, so that one day we can return and re-claim her, I think that sort of feeling would be more appropriate for the aliens.

Not a small scale movie where just one hive is made and destroyed, and then we wonder "what if they would have had a chance to expand?"

The junge setting would be ok for the drama in most of the movie to end up unfolding, to be one of the last human civilization not yet destroyed, to be the comunity left to raid for new hosts every so often etc...

Just not to be the only hive on earth, as that would be too small scale.

By having earth completely over-run, it would truly show what Ripley was trying to prevent, and not cheapen her story.

If it was a small event, then what was Ripley so worried about?

SM

SM

You'd have to focus on a small group of characters, but that doesn't preclude you showing what's happening on a global scale.

However what would be the actual plot of such a story.  Kill the Aliens?  Only if you employ the Earth War solution of nuking the entire planet which is a tad OTT.  Escape from Earth? Escape from Hadley; escape from the Auriga - been done.

Meathead320

Meathead320

Quote from: SM on Mar 06, 2007, 01:55:12 AM
You'd have to focus on a small group of characters, but that doesn't preclude you showing what's happening on a global scale.

However what would be the actual plot of such a story.  Kill the Aliens?  Only if you employ the Earth War solution of nuking the entire planet which is a tad OTT.  Escape from Earth? Escape from Hadley; escape from the Auriga - been done.

No,

It could be about the struggle of those left behind.

To cope with a sickeningly callous and dangerous new world, and the insanity of those left behind.

All sorts of weird things could be happening.

Cultists who believe in human sacrifices to the Aliens, or fanatics who believe that this is the biblical revelations etc...

You could even have an antagonist who believes himself to be the one true speaker of the aliens, and leading an entire encampment of earthen refuges to make sacrifices to the aliens, offering them human hosts every so often to appease their new "gods".

They could be mistaking the aliens coming, the overrunning of earth, and the exodus of earth as being parts of Revelations.

That could even be a name for the movie (may have been tossed around before too), and fitting with "Resurrection" being the last one, and this new one being Alien:Revelations.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed