Predator: Forever Midnight

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2006, 06:21:59 PM

Author
Predator: Forever Midnight (Read 7,483 times)

fluxcap

fluxcap

If you consider the Hish mentality and lifestyle, then yea the author added that, he also added something else that has to do with both predator and human technology.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Something that was suggested in Concrete Jungle might I add. :P

fluxcap

fluxcap

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 30, 2007, 08:01:29 PM
Something that was suggested in Concrete Jungle might I add. :P
Damn good memory!

CelticP

CelticP

Quote from: fluxcap on Jul 30, 2007, 07:04:36 PM
If you consider the Hish mentality and lifestyle, then yea the author added that, he also added something else that has to do with both predator and human technology.
Well screw that.  :-\

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

I am currently reading this novel, and I must say, the new take on the predators is pretty stupid.  Mind control? Race enslavement? endless flattery? Gender Swaps? expect more bashing soon...

fluxcap

fluxcap

Quote from: AdamJZ on Aug 19, 2007, 06:31:28 AM
Mind control?
At first I hated it, and I still do but I figure Predator technology has to advance somehow.

Haole08067

Haole08067

It took me a while to find this book.  I was excited as hell and then I read it.  It's crap.  It has the "hish"(can he really rename the Yautja) killing unarmed women and children.  The "hish" have no honor in this book.  It completly defies why there is a predator fan base.  The fact is this guy wrote a book without doing any research and I want my money back, a public apology from John Shirley, and I as juvenile as it may be, I want to kick him in the balls.  It may have been a decent book if he didn't use the predator license and just used a different species all together but the fact is he used predator to make a quick buck.

Bishop2

Bishop2

Quote from: Haole08067 on Aug 23, 2007, 07:12:08 PM
It has the "hish" killing unarmed women and children.

There goes any interest I had in reading this.  If you can't even maintain the slightest fidelty to the films, you fail at life.

Bob Saget

Bob Saget

Just finished reading this book, and ill start with the good, i thought the planet was a pretty cool idea, most of the animals there were pretty intersting (maybe a few to many were introduced), and i felt the writing for the most part was good. 

Now the bad, the redone predator backround and culture wasnt as bad as i expected it (although the flattery and no honor thing was kinda lame i thought), alot of the dialogue was garbage, the mind control thing wasnt a good idea in my opinion, and i dont think anyone mentioned this so far (i may be wrong), but how many predators were killed? it seemed like every other page a predator (or hish i guess they're called now) was killed.  It didnt make them look like great hunters, it made them look like a bunch of retards getting killed by under armed soldiers.  idk i just didnt really feel this one, with that said i liked it more than original sin

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

You'll love Flesh & Blood. The Hish are really well handled in that.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Bishop2 on Aug 23, 2007, 07:14:57 PM
Quote from: Haole08067 on Aug 23, 2007, 07:12:08 PM
It has the "hish" killing unarmed women and children.

There goes any interest I had in reading this.  If you can't even maintain the slightest fidelty to the films, you fail at life.

AvP predator killed/often attempted to kill unarmed humans.

mightydreadlock

mightydreadlock

Finally read it, a great book from a great writer!!

Shirley should write another one :).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Hi all, I'm in need of help with something and unfortunately I don't have the time to re-read this or remember it well enough for a detailed write-up. I can only remember the setup for the novel, not the full of it. I'm hoping someone here can remember Forever Midnight reasonably well enough to write a few paragraphs about what goes on in the book.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed