AvPGalaxy Interview with Brian Tyler

Started by Darkness, Oct 23, 2007, 11:32:57 PM

Author
AvPGalaxy Interview with Brian Tyler (Read 10,044 times)

Darkness

Corporal Hicks got the chance to interview music composer Brian Tyler about his work on AvP Requiem. He just finished recording the score last week and we even have some pictures of them recording the AvPR score.

Brian Tyler

AvPGalaxy – How long did it take you to actually write the score…?

Brian Tyler – The great thing about this film is that we were all on the same page in what we wanted musically. We wanted it gritty, scary, adrenaline pumping, anxiety ridden, huge as well as quiet and creepy, epic, with a wide dynamic range. We wanted the score to reflect the tradition of the aliens and predators. So it was intensely hard work but in lock-step. The Brothers Strause, Fox, John Davis, Robert Kraft, Mike Knobloch, and the editor Dan Zimmerman were all awesome in pushing forward towards the same goal: let’s make this score kill!

The interview covers a lot of different areas about composing AvP Requiem as well as the processes involved in composing. Check the rest out here.

KARHAN

cool, good interview :)

Uncanny Antman

The best news is that there are opening credits.  Takes us back into Alien territory after AvP went the "titles only" route a la Predator/2.

Oh, and someone threw an extra 'E' into Giger.  :)

KARHAN

he used some fancy words when he summed up some of the tracks "Decimation Proclamation" :P

Gates

I have to say...that interview closed me...I'll definitely be looking forward to this...

Uncanny Antman

Quote from: karhan on Oct 23, 2007, 10:48:54 AM
he used some fancy words when he summed up some of the tracks "Decimation Proclamation" :P

That's the name of the cue itself.  I like when composers name their tracks a bit more inventively than "fight scene" or "finale"

Check out the tracklisting on Alien3 for a good example.

KARHAN

aaa ok, it looks like the score is gonna be very good :)

csutkakoma

csutkakoma

Great news!! But im not understand something. My english is not perfect yet! :)

Brian told this:

"Well, there is a section of the movie that is 44 straight minutes of music. To tell the story musically and have ebb, flow, dynamics, while continue to ratchet up the tension is extremely difficult. But of course, that is why composing films is such a great job."

That means the music in the film will be only 44 minutes long?  :-\ Or i just missunderstand something?!

Don Dorris

Quote from: csutkakoma on Oct 23, 2007, 12:56:06 PM
Great news!! But im not understand something. My english is not perfect yet! :)

Brian told this:

"Well, there is a section of the movie that is 44 straight minutes of music. To tell the story musically and have ebb, flow, dynamics, while continue to ratchet up the tension is extremely difficult. But of course, that is why composing films is such a great job."

That means the music in the film will be only 44 minutes long?  :-\ Or i just missunderstand something?!
What he means is there are a number of tracks he had to record for the film. One of them was 44 minutes long. The others weren't.

csutkakoma

Thank you Lovely Man!

Xenomorphine

That interview is the first to have shown me the guys truly understands the sort of themes which are necessary. Good stuff, Hicks!

Shall have to wait to hear what the music is like, but if nothing else, 'Decimation Proclamation' seems to show he has a knack for inventive language. "Ear-laceratingly violent" might become one of my favourite phrases now. :)

Corporal Hicks

Aeus

Aeus

The music for this film seems like it's going to be great.

And for the Predator fans out there, he pretty much confirmed that the tribal drums are back. Best news of the film so far to me. Very happy.

Master Chief

^ Yes sir.

One would think that Hicks does this for a living.  Great interview.

QuoteBrian Tyler - Humans prepare yourself.

Nice!

Demonio Cazador

Quote from: Aeus on Oct 23, 2007, 04:10:49 PM
The music for this film seems like it's going to be great.

And for the Predator fans out there, he pretty much confirmed that the tribal drums are back. Best news of the film so far to me. Very happy.

I agree, great news indeed!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed