Bishop's death

Started by Cromartie, Mar 01, 2007, 09:10:47 PM

Author
Bishop's death (Read 5,566 times)

Cromartie

Cromartie

Did anyone think bishop killed prematurely?

Hankerson

Hankerson

Prematurely? No, he didn't even get hurt until the end of "Aliens" and to top it off he didn't even really die in "Alien 3", Ripley just deactivated him par his request. For all we know he could still show up in "Alien 5" with a new body.

SM

SM

Bishop served his purpose.  And as Hankerson said - he didn't really die.  He was just offline.

Stalker

Stalker

Bishop's "death" was anything but premature, as he was attacked by the Queen during the finale of Aliens, & even then was still functioning afterwards. In Alien 3, he was merely de-activated, as his character had already served its purpose for that film.

That is assuming that you were talking about the Bishop synthetic, & not Charles Bishop Weyland from AVP.

Cromartie

Cromartie

yeah but imean wouldnt it ave been cool if he had survived? cause then the fire may have been prevented!

SiL

SiL

...What fire?

The one in the Sulaco?

He died long after it happened.

The one after the explosions in the prison colony?

Don't see how he could've prevented them.

Cromartie

Cromartie

no the one aboard the sulaco if he had been fully functional he would have been hypersleep but when the sulacos sensors detected the alien it could have alerted bishop and he could have dispatched the facehugger(s) without risk of impregnation!

SiL

SiL

Don't think it would've woken him anyway.

Besides, the thing uses a corrosive fluid to get through to faces - Might've done the same to Bishop when he tried to get to it. Either way, flames.

Cromartie

Cromartie

YES BUT BISHOP WOULD HAVE COVERED THE ACID WITH BASE TO NEUTRALIZE IT QUICKLEY....... ANYWAY IT WUD OF BEEN A COOL IDEA!! BISHOPS BODY MAY BE BROKEN BUT HIS SPIRIT LIVES ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT THE LIKLIEHOOD OF HIM RETURNUNG IS HIGH AS LANCE HENRIKSON HAS ALIENS WRITTEN INTO HIS DNA!!

Hankerson

Hankerson

Quote from: paranoidzombie on Mar 02, 2007, 10:57:24 AM
YES BUT BISHOP WOULD HAVE COVERED THE ACID WITH BASE TO NEUTRALIZE IT QUICKLEY....... ANYWAY IT WUD OF BEEN A COOL IDEA!! BISHOPS BODY MAY BE BROKEN BUT HIS SPIRIT LIVES ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUT THE LIKLIEHOOD OF HIM RETURNUNG IS HIGH AS LANCE HENRIKSON HAS ALIENS WRITTEN INTO HIS DNA!!
Do you know how many internet etiquette rules you have broken by typing in all caps?... well, one. Typing in caps is like yelling. If you can't make your point without yelling then your point doesn't need to be made. STOP USING CAPS!!

SiL

SiL

Quote from: paranoidzombie on Mar 02, 2007, 10:57:24 AM
YES BUT BISHOP WOULD HAVE COVERED THE ACID WITH BASE TO NEUTRALIZE IT QUICKLEY

AND WHERE WOULD THIS MAGICALLY APPEARING BASE HAVE COME FROM?

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

even if he just so happend to be awakened, and had a strong enough base to balance out the acid just lying around, a base that strong is just as dangerous, and any splatter from each that didn't mix and quickly neutralize would worsen the situation.

Cromartie

Cromartie

allright alright!! Ps sorry bout the caps...

anyway what is the chances of call bringing bishop back in alien 5 as a gift to ripley for saving her at the end of the sinspawn ridden Alien Ressurection?

Newsfop

Newsfop

I'd say the chances are impossibly slim. The Company was dissolved. The robotics have gone on to build their own products (hence Call). Bishop is gone. One must accept such truth.

RIJOENPIAL

RIJOENPIAL

Quote from: Newsfop on Mar 03, 2007, 05:51:31 PM
I'd say the chances are impossibly slim. The Company was dissolved. The robotics have gone on to build their own products (hence Call). Bishop is gone. One must accept such truth.

Hi, guys.

I know i am new to the club but hear me out...

First of all, i disagree with Newsfop...There is a way to bring back Bishop...i have read a very good script from a guy named Robert Skotte written in 2000, which provided a very good finale to the Alien saga starting a few months after the events from Alien Resurrection...After reading it, I had the impression it was a definite improvement and a script that would make all those 'Aliens' fans happy, even having a love story for the more mainstream female audience...Gulp...
I think this script would enable a good movie IF and only if Fox stops their hitching urge to mold the script to THEIR liking and not the fans'...
So check it out and let me know..

Here's the link: http://www.bugbase.de/ascripte.htm

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed