Dune Remake

Started by Gates, Oct 17, 2007, 12:50:34 AM

Author
Dune Remake (Read 159,964 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Huh, I thought it was just Eric Roth (with some input from Brian Herbert) who wrote the script?

Where did you read this Ingwar?

Ingwar

Ingwar

QuoteDenis Villeneuve has tapped his frequent collaborator Joe Walker as the Dune editor. This marks the French-Canadian director's fourth collaboration with Walker in a row, after they've worked together on Sicario, Arrival, and Blade Runner 2049.

Dune has long been a passion project for Villeneuve, who co-wrote the script with Eric Roth and Jon Spaihts.

https://www.slashfilm.com/dune-editor-joe-walker/

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Roth's script was supposedly something like 400 pages long, so Spaihts may have been brought in to whip it into shape.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Well, well, well...

Brian Herbert only ever mentioned Eric Roth in all his tweets about the script (up to the 4th draft).

Immortan Jonesy

MudButt

MudButt

I love Oscar Isaac. I want him in so much more. That guy is a great actor.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Indeed. You can never have enough Isaac!

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 29, 2019, 07:40:07 PM

I don't know the Dune lore at all so I hope his role is a larger one. Isaac sometimes take these small roles and leaves an impact but I'd really like him to be apart of big movies like this in a large way.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

He is amazing indeed. Keep it out Isaac!  8)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: MudButt on Jan 29, 2019, 07:44:40 PM

I don't know the Dune lore at all so I hope his role is a larger one. Isaac sometimes take these small roles and leaves an impact but I'd really like him to be apart of big movies like this in a large way.

Leto is a pretty big presence in the first half of the book, so Isaac should be in this movie a lot.

Spoiler
Don't expect him to come back in Part 2, though.
[close]

Now I just want to know who's playing Duncan Idaho.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Glad to see him in this but I was hoping he would be playing Idaho.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I can only imagine that.

Spoiler
He'd make the version of Idaho from God-Emperor much less annoying, heh.
[close]

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jan 29, 2019, 08:30:10 PM
Glad to see him in this but I was hoping he would be playing Idaho.

Yeah, when I saw the announcement that Oscar Isaac was going to star in the new Dune I though, brilliant - he's a shoo-in for Duncan Idaho.  :-\

MudButt

MudButt

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 29, 2019, 08:18:04 PM
Quote from: MudButt on Jan 29, 2019, 07:44:40 PM

Leto is a pretty big presence in the first half of the book, so Isaac should be in this movie a lot.

Spoiler
Don't expect him to come back in Part 2, though.
[close]

Now I just want to know who's playing Duncan Idaho.

Great to hear!

This cast is top notch.

Do we think this movie has a chance to make some money though? After Blade Runner 2049 I'd find it hard to believe that a property like this could succeed at the BO.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

If it doesn't perform at the box office we're going to be left with only half a Dune movie. It's supposed to be two films.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed