How do you download stuff to AVP 2 game?

Started by CanadianHero67, Oct 13, 2007, 11:59:41 PM

Author
How do you download stuff to AVP 2 game? (Read 2,929 times)

CanadianHero67

I want to download a lot of AVP 2 skins and models from AVP 2 Filefront but I don't know ANYTHING about downloading. I don't even have a idea about what a AVP 2 directory is? I need to know every thing there is to downloading stuff for the AVP 2 game. HELP ME PLEASE!

Huol

Sorry i didn't see your PM.

Ok i'll use screenshots here.

To find your avp2 directory open up my computer
And go to the drive where you installed avp2.
I installed it in data. or F drive.

Go into the drive and locate your aliens vs predator 2 folder.

Open it.

Ok now your inside. Go to your CUSTOM folder.
If one doesn't exist, make one. (Right click and create new folder)

Your CUSTOM folder is where all your Rez files will be contained.
Skins, new models, sometimes maps.

Ok.
Now.
Downloading.

When you download a skin you will get a window like this.
(select open when you download and then "i agree")

When you get the window with the files in, simply highlight the REZ file. And click extract.

Find the directory of your avp2 CUSTOM folder and click extract.

Once it's done open up avp2.

Don't click play just yet.
Open up the OPTIONS.

and enter -rez custom/rezname.rez

Replace rez name with whatever the file name is called.
For instance for my wolf skin you would enter:
-rez custom/predwolf.rez

Once you've entered it make sure that the box saying:
"always specifiy these command-line perimiters"
Make sure the box is crossed. Click ok and then play.
I recommend testing a skin works by going into the online host section. And looking at the character classes.

CanadianHero67

Thank you very much, I was despreate. :)

AcidGlow

It should be noted that AvP2 has a character limit on the command line. So if you choose to have multiple rez commands, then you should just put the rez/mod files in the AvP2 folder. That way you don't need to use a -rez "custom" part. It would just be -rez mod.rez

Anywho, glad that person above went through a big list of helping you out.

Huol

Quote from: AcidGlow on Oct 15, 2007, 04:11:14 PM
It should be noted that AvP2 has a character limit on the command line. So if you choose to have multiple rez commands, then you should just put the rez/mod files in the AvP2 folder. That way you don't need to use a -rez "custom" part. It would just be -rez mod.rez

Anywho, glad that person above went through a big list of helping you out.

Yeah, theres also a mod manager thing out there which i havn't been bothered to download yet. >.<

CanadianHero67

CanadianHero67

QuoteAnywho, glad that person above went through a big list of helping you out.

Yea, i'm glad that there are people on this site that are willing to help out.

QuoteIt should be noted that AvP2 has a character limit on the command line. So if you choose to have multiple rez commands, then you should just put the rez/mod files in the AvP2 folder. That way you don't need to use a -rez "custom" part. It would just be -rez mod.rez

Can you explain how to do that?

I have another question? I successfully downloaded the predwolf and 101 airborne but for some reason the shuriken one isn't working. Do you know what is going on?

CanadianHero67

I got a problem :-[, most of the downloads that work are some skins and a bit of mods. A lot of mods and maps don't work for me and I still can,t get the shuriken model to work. Any advice. ???

jegu

There are limitations how many mods/skins you can enter for command line. When you reach that, commands after that won't work. Also shuriken model can be seen only on 3rd person view...

CanadianHero67

I know now the limitation of the command line but thats not what I ment. I know that I can do zip files and not rar files but some zip files don't co-operate with me. I tried downloading that mod manager but all that got me was a bunch of access denied garbage. If I download a map such as the "Temple of Worm". I enter it in the command line, go to custom levels it shows a new background picture but theres no level? I even tried to download some other things like night vision goggles but it dosn't work. Anymore suggestions?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed