Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 90,787 times)

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 14, 2019, 04:29:43 PM
QuoteWhen asked whether or not that game would be Dead Space 4 or some kind of reboot or altered universe, Schofield elaborated on his wishes.

"I would probably do something where I didn't have to follow the lore of the other two [games]," said Schofield. "I thought, in the end, when they introduced all the aliens and everything, 'Wow, you didn't need to do that.'"

While the idea of getting permission to re-write the Dead Space canon might be doable, Schofield addresses the bigger elephant in the room: getting EA to sign-off on a sequel.

And there we have it, folks. Why I am doubtful they will do it.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Lesson number one: don't underestimate the other guy's greed!  :laugh:

Samhain13

Samhain13

Make Dead Space Great Again.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

DS2 is like FEAR 2.  Both were good bordering on great sequels, but there was just enough different about them that it began to change the series for the worst.

They went into a quick degradation into what the RE series did before RE7 and the RE2 remake stopped it. 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I dug DS3 enough.  It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't bad either.

Huggs

Huggs

I like the turn dead space 3 took.

It was bloody horror action up until the third game. Throwing in a bit of philosophical business, romantic rivalry, intelligent enemies and ethereal ambience turned it into a real experience again. It was dead space, but bigger.

I sincerely hope another one is made some day.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Dead Space 3 was huge fun, especially with how godly the weaponry was. People should have given it more of a fair go. Yeah, the horror is gone, but honestly, I never actually found any Dead Space game scary to begin with. The monsters were obnoxious and annoying for the most part; the way they always crashed through things at every moment and were so goddamn loud and spastic. :laugh: Nah, I always thought they were just cool-looking sci-fi games, but not scary.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I didn't care about the weapons, but I loathed the concept of alien supermoons.  I'm not sure why this concept killed it for me, but I could never move past it.

Up until the third act I thought DS3 was pretty solid.

Still found the initial playthrough of DS to be one of the more frightening experiences for a console horror game.  That is, until you figured out the mechanics.

Just walked with weapon raised to give me the advantage when the necromorphs rushed and the extra second of preparedness allowed me to slay it relatively easy, even on the harder difficulties. 

The Old One

The Old One

The Brethren Moons idea is Lovecraftian but-
the EA influence is clear.

A dead Alien civilization, the protagonist witnesses visions, misinterpretation.
Monstrous enemies formed by corpses. A final version formed by entire civilizations.

Isaac Clarke = Commander Shepard
Marker visions = Beacon visions
Tau Volantis E.Ts/others = Protheans/others
Brethren Moon = Reaper
Unitologist = Indoctrination
Dead Space forced Multiplayer and microtransactions, Mass Effect forced Multiplayer and microtransactions.

molasar

molasar

Enjoyed all three of them. They are to me like Resident Evil trilogy games from PS1.

The Old One

The Old One

The first remains my favourite.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: The Old One on Mar 15, 2019, 02:50:06 PM
The first remains my favourite.

This.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: molasar on Mar 15, 2019, 02:46:01 PM
Enjoyed all three of them.

You have my assent and consent.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I think the first is best in atmosphere,  but feel that DS2 is much more fluid a playthrough.

Huggs

Huggs

Follows the traditional trilogy model.

1. World building and some action
2. Tons of action
3. Philosophy/action

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed