Dead Space

Started by fluxcap, Oct 10, 2007, 02:43:40 AM

Author
Dead Space (Read 91,533 times)

Nightlord

Nightlord

Quote from: AvPvTerminator on Apr 14, 2011, 11:17:06 AM
I guess influence would have been a better word. The general feel of being alone in a place where shit has gone down (also with writing on the walls from past "victims") was another thing.
Aw come on really?
Anykind of game can have something like this just cause portal had it does'nt mean deadspace took it from there.

AvPvTerminator

AvPvTerminator

I don't see why its so ridiculous. Everyone who plays video games seriously has played Portal. Maybe it was an unconscious thing.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I haven't played Portal. And I'm not planning on it in the immediate future either.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 15, 2011, 03:33:32 AM
I haven't played Portal. And I'm not planning on it in the immediate future either.

i don't see why not, it's good.

Keg

Keg

Ive never played Portal and I doubt i will either. It just doesnt appeal to me. Im sure its great as the reviews and people say it is, but it doesnt appeal to me in the slightest for whatever reason.

Quote from: Keg on Apr 15, 2011, 07:43:35 AM
Ive never played Portal and I doubt i will either. It just doesnt appeal to me. Im sure its great as the reviews and people say it is, but it doesnt appeal to me in the slightest for whatever reason.

as a person who i identify as enjoying single player and story based games, i would encourage you to give it a go, whether yo get it cheap in the orange box for PS3 (seriously the orange box is one of the cheapest ps3 games ever) or if you get it cheap (or free even) on Steam, it is definately worth the money.

i think it gets a lot of bad image from people who think it is just puzzle rooms, with no strong story, but really the "puzzles" part of the game is only a small part, you eventually find a way to escape the puzzles, and into the greater structure of the building that houses them.

as a game with no dialogue and the only speaking character to be the villain with it's ongoing monologue it has a very good and intruiging story that you pick up from the things you see and hear aroound you, and it works well, and makes you feel like you aren't being spoonfed the story.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Borrowed Dead Space 2 from my friend. So far I really like it, but I kind of miss Isaac being the silent protagonist. Do not like talking Isaac...at all.

I like some of the new mechanics though, like having complete control in Zero-G and hacking is neat.

Will probably buy this later because of how much I loved the first game.

Corporal Hicks

Frosty Venom

Frosty Venom

Yessss! This franchise surely deserves another release.

Hemi

Hemi

Meanwhile you can also look foreward to my V3 of the Dead Space mod for Killing Floor:

Here's a vid of the old version of the mod:

To download V2 go here:
http://www.mostimpressive.nl/DeadSpace/

It has the pulse rifle(from dead space...not aliens) and the plasma cutter to blast Necromorphs with. V3 hase about 43 different Necromorphs (for now lol) and a fckton of weapons and playerskins from the franchise.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

To be honest, I'm not altogether fond of the idea of retconning DS2 and 3 out just for the sake of getting another shlooter.

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

Dead Space 2 was great, so I wouldn't be ok with them removing that or its DLC from the story line.
Dead Space 3 I'm ok with them removing if it means going back to more horror roots.

AhabPredator

AhabPredator

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 14, 2019, 03:14:06 PM
To be honest, I'm not altogether fond of the idea of retconning DS2 and 3 out just for the sake of getting another shlooter.

Are they really doing that? 😐

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

QuoteWhen asked whether or not that game would be Dead Space 4 or some kind of reboot or altered universe, Schofield elaborated on his wishes.

"I would probably do something where I didn't have to follow the lore of the other two [games]," said Schofield. "I thought, in the end, when they introduced all the aliens and everything, 'Wow, you didn't need to do that.'"

While the idea of getting permission to re-write the Dead Space canon might be doable, Schofield addresses the bigger elephant in the room: getting EA to sign-off on a sequel.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed