Alien/Predator/AvP Roms

Started by Darkness, Feb 25, 2007, 03:48:26 PM

Author
Alien/Predator/AvP Roms (Read 89,875 times)

Darkness

Darkness

Okay, here's my defintive guide to getting EmuLoader working.

1. Download MAME and Emuloader and install them.

2. Fire up Emuloader and set your MAME emulator directory.

3. Set your ROMS folder to wherever your roms are. Roms must be in a zip file.

4. Create Games List >> MAME.

5. Notice The Blue Circles.

6. Double click and play the game.

DB

DB

Thanks for the tips, Darkness. Still doesn't work for me, but I'm guessing destiny must not want me to play this!

Darkness

Darkness

Okay, here's an easier way without Emuloader:

1. In the roms directory in the Mame folder, create a folder and unzip the files from the zip you downloaded to it.

3. Open Command Prompt from the Start Menu.

4. Navigate to your Mame directory: cd c:\program files\mame

5. Then type mame alien3 or whatever the name of your folder is. There ya go. The rom appears.

This is probably easier than Emuloader but most people won't have a clue what Command Prompt is or even how to use it.

shadowfox2003

shadowfox2003

Quote from: Darkness on Mar 04, 2007, 10:22:02 PM
Okay, here's an easier way without Emuloader:

1. In the roms directory in the Mame folder, create a folder and unzip the files from the zip you downloaded to it.

3. Open Command Prompt from the Start Menu.

4. Navigate to your Mame directory: cd c:\program files\mame

5. Then type mame alien3 or whatever the name of your folder is. There ya go. The rom appears.

This is probably easier than Emuloader but most people won't have a clue what Command Prompt is or even how to use it.

That still didn't work for me it keeps loading then saying files are missing and all the files they list are right there in the folder.

Darkness

Darkness

I tried it and it works fine. "mame avsp".

I assume everybody who is having problems with roms is running Windows XP?

fluxcap

fluxcap

Quote from: shadowfox2003 on Mar 05, 2007, 12:46:01 AM
That still didn't work for me it keeps loading then saying files are missing and all the files they list are right there in the folder.
Same with me. I'm running XP. Only the arcade one is giving trouble, the circles never go blue. Everything else runs fine. Thanks for the roms!

DB

DB

Quote from: fluxcap on Mar 06, 2007, 11:46:14 PM
Quote from: shadowfox2003 on Mar 05, 2007, 12:46:01 AM
Same with me.

Me three. I then thought "f**k MAME!" and looked for another emulator. Using this one called Kawaks, the game worked perfectly. And it's a freakin' blast too!

Now, if only I could pull off shit like this...

;D

fluxcap

fluxcap

Thank you!!!! I haven't played AVP since I was around 9. Nothing beats playing a game from the past. Too bad Kawaks doesn't recognize Aliens and Alien 3. In that case...the hunt continues...

AcidGlow

AcidGlow

AvP Arcade - 3 players online video

scarface

scarface

Cant get any of them o work, help me.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: scarface on Mar 15, 2007, 11:25:19 AM
Cant get any of them o work, help me.

You need to give more information than that if you want help.

I hate to say it, but when I upped these roms to the site, I expected everybody to have at least played on an emulator before. If you haven't, then this isn't the best starting place.

scarface

scarface

Ok, well i need help downloading, MAME, and emulator, i jsut dont get what to do, can soemone help me get it downloaded right.

fluxcap

fluxcap

I'll explain how I got Kwaks to work with AVP. The downside to this emulator is that you can't play Aliens or Alien3. But if you need a quick AVP fix, then this does the job.

1/Just download Kwaks from: http://cps2shock.retrogames.com/download.html

2/Install, then move your zip file (un-extracted) for AVP into the folder: winkawaks157>roms>cps2

3/Rename the AVP zip file to avsp (saving you a step later on)

3/Open the Kwaks program, go to File>Load Game and select the European version of Alien vs. Predator listed as: CPS2/Alien vs Predator (Euro940520)/avsp

4/Click on it and it should boot up.The essential things to get are putting the zip file in the right folder and renaming it to: avsp

Be sure to check the controls under the Game tab. Hope it helps.

slipknotpredator

slipknotpredator

hello, i had tried everything to download the alien vs predator arcade game, but i still don´t get it, i love that game i used to play it when i was like 10. i just don´t get how to use the mame emulator, roms, and those kind of things. i don´t even understand what i have to download... :-\ maybe someone can help me??? please!? sorry for my english...

Darkness

Darkness

I merged your thread into this one. Just read through my guides in this topic.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed