Alien/Predator/AvP Roms

Started by Darkness, Feb 25, 2007, 03:48:26 PM

Author
Alien/Predator/AvP Roms (Read 89,872 times)

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: Olde on Oct 24, 2015, 05:43:08 AM
These are ROMs, so naturally they're only for PC; you need to run them through an emulator (like an NES emulator, Atari emulator, etc.). There are ways to hook up console controllers to your computer, though. A quick Google search should probably tell you everything you need.

Wweyland

Wweyland

Unfortunately the links in the start of the thread are all broken now. A lot of the roms can be found at emuparadise.me, even the bigger PS2 ones.

StanSwitek

StanSwitek

Has anyone out there been able to get Avp arcade to run on the latest version of Mame? I have the required files, but the application is telling me its missing a "key file". I looked into it a bit, and apparently the latest version of MAME makes certain games that run on the CPS2 engine (like AVP) now require an updated key file to run. If I can't get this to work, what is my best bet for playing Avp? I appreciate any advice.

The Old One

The Old One

I don't know, but it is available on the Capcom Home Arcade Plug-And-Play Device now. Amongst other videogames.

molasar

molasar

It runs all fine (MAME 0.211). You just need an updated version of rom sets, but it is still illegal if you do not own a genuine AvP arcade board with matching up roms.

The Old One

The Old One

Thank you for the info.

Hudson

Hudson

PSA:

A site called The Collection Chamber is releasing these pre-packaged installers for emulated games. They have included Alien Trilogy, Alien Resurrection, and Aliens Comic Book Adventure so far.

https://collectionchamber.blogspot.com/

These are really nice if you're not that computer savvy. You merely install these and click to run, that's literally it.

For Alien Trilogy, you might have to tune the game up in the DOSBox CONF file a bit, but the amount of time it takes to do that probably depends on how obsessive you are (my cycles are set at 95000 for what it's worth).

Resurrection runs like a dream so far, and works with my Xbox One controller.

Wweyland

Wweyland

I recommend playing Alien Trilogy on a PS emulator, it works much better than the DOS version, including better graphics and music.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

And none of the stupid one-liners either.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed