A.D.I creature designs for avp-r

Started by Ballzanya, Oct 07, 2007, 03:38:24 AM

Did A.D.I do a good enough job on the creature effects for avp-r?

Yes, everything looks badass.
Yes,  but things could have been better.
No, I hate the chestburster design.
No, I hate the predalien design.
No, I hate the alien design.
Undecided. I'll wait to see the movie before I judge them.
Don't get me started, most of it looks like shit.
Wolf looks great but everything else is a steaming turd
Author
A.D.I creature designs for avp-r (Read 2,212 times)

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: SiL on Oct 07, 2007, 03:56:07 AM
Why is there no option for "Wolf looks great but everything else is a steaming turd"?

The holy hand of the Moderator came down and did you a favor.

Cast your vote!  ;)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I think the designs looks great. I love the design for the wolf.

jimmylace

jimmylace

barring the wolf with mask, I think everything looks crappy. if wolf looks like crap sans mask, then for me that negates everything. not a big fan of ADI's work here (though their work on spiderman was great)

it would be amazing to see stan winston studios return to these franchises...

csutkakoma

Giger, Stan Winston, Ridley, Cameron etc...Forget it! ADI did a great job so far! Everything is looks great.

Plokoon111

I picked everything looks badass, the alien is portrayed greatly, with great designs, minus the armor, and tail. The predator and pred alien couldn't of looked better, and the chestbursters look a bit better.

Johnny Handsome

I voted everything looks badass.
But there should be a vote for, "everything looks badass but it could be even better"

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Oct 07, 2007, 07:49:47 PM
I voted everything looks badass.
But there should be a vote for, "everything looks badass but it could be even better"

I think the "yes, but things could have been better" option is essentially the same thing. If something is badass, how much better does it need to be? Uber-badass? lol.

By the way I voted, "yes, but things could have been better" and not the last option. lol
I like the alien design for the most part, except for the hands which seem more like the alien resurrection ones. I don't like the chestburster design that much, at least not in the cgi shot where they're nesting. Wolf looks great, but the predalien "dreads" seem a little awkward.

Horhey

Horhey

Im only disapointed with the length of the Predalien's dreadlocks, but everything else looks better than I expected, especially Wolf.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Plokoon111 on Oct 07, 2007, 07:43:59 PM
I picked everything looks badass, the alien is portrayed greatly, with great designs, minus the armor, and tail. The predator and pred alien couldn't of looked better, and the chestbursters look a bit better.
lol the predalien? Couldn't look better?

YutaniDitch

YutaniDitch

Quote from: Huol on Oct 08, 2007, 04:46:05 PM
Quote from: Plokoon111 on Oct 07, 2007, 07:43:59 PM
lol the predalien? Couldn't look better?

Plokoon likes his Predalien Jamaican-like... Good thing the thing has no eyes, otherwise, you could see the hand lifting it's 'hair' in slow-mo like Pamela Anderson...without the silicon...underneath, that is... silicon-based creatures, both... :-\ ;D :D ;)

Johnny Handsome

I am pleased with the predalien, but i would love to see what it would look like if Stan Winston designed it.

DB

DB

Everything looks like crap except Wolf.

WarMachine

Still don't like Wolf's mask as well as the first Pred's...looks too much like Pussyface.
What was the first Pred's name again?

The Chibi Kiriyama

Anytime/Jungle Hunter.

For the record, the masked Wolf is a great example of ADI outdoing themselves (the mask removed is another issue entirely). Everything else I've seen...eh. :-\

ashion

ashion

I'm rather content with everything i've seen thus far. Not i'm just waiting to see it all in full motion in the movie itself. I find stills and small clips don't tend to really do things justice.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed