Production Update

Started by Colin_Strause, Oct 06, 2007, 11:29:54 PM

Author
Production Update (Read 16,494 times)

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

Yo. Just wanted to give you all an update where everything is at.

Monday we begin a week long process to record all the music. I can't tell you all how how excited we are about being there in the studio listening to a huge orchestra playing the music live for us for the first time.

We've been setting all the final color corrections for the film over the last week, and we keep doing so for another few more weeks.

Visual effects have another 2-3 weeks left. Like I said before, some of those trailers shots still aren't done for final yet. It's a long and complex process.

We start cutting our DVD version next week.  ;)

The film should be DONE the second week of November if all keeps going smoothly.

Now that the main editting is done, we've setup a bunch of Xbox's at the office for Halo3. Maybe now we won't be done the third week of November.  :)

echobbase79

echobbase79

Sweet! Thanks for the update.

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

PRAETORIAN MONSTER

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 06, 2007, 11:29:54 PM
Yo. Just wanted to give you all an update where everything is at.

Monday we begin a week long process to record all the music. I can't tell you all how how excited we are about being there in the studio listening to a huge orchestra playing the music live for us for the first time.

We've been setting all the final color corrections for the film over the last week, and we keep doing so for another few more weeks.

Visual effects have another 2-3 weeks left. Like I said before, some of those trailers shots still aren't done for final yet. It's a long and complex process.

We start cutting our DVD version next week.  ;)

The film should be DONE the second week of November if all keeps going smoothly.

Now that the main editting is done, we've setup a bunch of Xbox's at the office for Halo3. Maybe now we won't be done the third week of November.  :)

i thought you guys were better than g@ylo3.  not going to see movie now.  jk, thx for update movie gonna be badass.

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

Rainbow6 Vegas is still my favorite.

SiL

SiL

The bloom will blind you, man! Don't do it!

Then again, a blind director ... always a first time for everything.

ashion

ashion

Thanks so much for the update Colin. Nice to see your still with us... I am a self confessed gamer, but I personally don't get the fascination Halo. Ah well have fun hehe.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

Thanks for the update. Halo 3 is a plus too.

Hudson

Hudson

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 06, 2007, 11:34:21 PM
Rainbow6 Vegas is still my favorite.

What's your Gamertag?  I play it all the time.   ;)

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 06, 2007, 11:29:54 PMWe start cutting our DVD version next week.  ;)

Hmmm.  So does this mean there will be extra scenes for the dvd only...  Time will tell I guess.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

The dvd version is prepared this early? Or is it just an unofficial copy of the film on dvd for the production crew..etc.?

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 06, 2007, 11:29:54 PM

ha!

i shall find you.

and hammer you.

cant get enough of the hammer in H3

Colin_Strause

Colin_Strause

Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 07, 2007, 03:43:10 AM
The dvd version is prepared this early? Or is it just an unofficial copy of the film on dvd for the production crew..etc.?

They are almost always done this early because it's better to get it done all by the same crew (music, sound, editing) because they are all still on the project. If you wait too long then it's possible everyone has moved onto different things.

Ballzanya

Ballzanya

Quote from: Colin_Strause on Oct 07, 2007, 03:46:46 AM
Quote from: ballzanya on Oct 07, 2007, 03:43:10 AM

They are almost always done this early because it's better to get it done all by the same crew (music, sound, editing) because they are all still on the project. If you wait too long then it's possible everyone has moved onto different things.

So this is just a dvd with the film only, no extras, commentary..etc.? I take it that stuff is done later and the dvd will come out around next June or July.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Many thanks for the update Colin. I'm Halo3 mad at the moment. If ya ever want a game, the tag is cplhicks2310.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed