How Aliens: Fireteam Fits Into The Alien Universe

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 23, 2021, 04:34:00 PM

Author
How Aliens: Fireteam Fits Into The Alien Universe (Read 12,346 times)

SM

Put one in the Predator's fishnet duds and you're set.

Xenomrph

Just needs one of those marble things from 'The Predator', no fishnets required.

RidgeTop

Kailem

This is how I imagined that opening comment in the latest IGN video going:

I get Hicks' dislike of having Hyperdyne sell weapons to someone that's ostensibly the enemy, but I guess you could maybe take it as perhaps another instance of corporations not giving a damn who they sell to so long as the money is there. Not that I'd have minded either if they'd have gone with a different name/company, since I think this is the first instance we've had of Hyperdyne getting into the weapons business, but it doesn't really bother me.

Looking at it again though it does mention that the Medved shotgun is mentioned as being a UPP weapon that's "sold abroad under license" by them, so maybe it's just a case of this being how the USCM characters are able to use what are basically UPP weapons, rather than them being made by Hyperdyne and sold to the UPP.

Also just a random little lore-related thing, I'm just looking over the star map from the Alien RPG here and I happened to notice that not only is LV-895 featured on it, but it's actually not too far away from Fiorina 161. Makes me wonder if that's just a coincidence or if that might play any part in the story (and perhaps partially being used to explain the presence of so many Runners?). Either way it's cool to see the location already included in the existing lore.

BlueMarsalis79

Great coverage again AVPG.

SM

Weapons manufacturers sell to whoever's paying.

(And BTW it's pronounced "carib-diss".)

Kimarhi

Yeah, didn't anybody watch The Last Jedi!?

SM

And I just got through listening to 3 hours worth of Podcast about Alfred Krupp.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Mar 26, 2021, 01:50:29 AM
Is there no Alien with cloaking ability in the EU?

In the AvP: Unleashed wargame rules from Prodos, Alien units/monsters can purchase various upgrades and mutations, and in addition to Perfect Camouflage and Obscuring Mist, there was also Chameleon Carapace, so 3 camouflage/visual f**kery upgrades just in that one book.

Protomorph

What is the actual canon of the franchise?

I assume its all the movies from Prometheus to Resurrection, the isolation and Blackout games, I assume some of the books. Does anyone know the definitive list in a timeline format?

Apologies if this question is in the wrong section.

Voodoo Magic

Well, in regards to films, I believe the Devs acknowledged the first three Alien movies and the prequels.

In regards to the Extended Universe, the Devs did say they turned to the books and comics and toys for creature design... but there was no definitive list released for this game that I'm aware of at least.

Kailem

The closest thing to a comprehensive "canon bible" that we have access to outside of the internal documents that Fox uses is probably the Alien RPG core book. It's the most extensive account of the universe and its history there is (though it's set before Alien Resurrection, so only the odd detail from that makes it in there).

It's both a fantastic game and a fantastic read from a lore standpoint. Half the reason I'm looking forward to the upcoming Colonial Marines Operations Manual is all the additional weapons and gear we're going to be able to see and read about, not to mention the history of the organisation itself. It should be great!

Voodoo Magic

Oh, Protomorph just wants the general Alien license franchise canon, not in relation to this game....

This link can help!  :)

https://roguereviewer.wordpress.com/2020/10/12/defining-canon-in-an-alien-world/

Protomorph

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Apr 07, 2021, 01:57:14 PM
Oh, Protomorph just wants the general Alien license franchise canon, not in relation to this game....

This link can help!  :)

https://roguereviewer.wordpress.com/2020/10/12/defining-canon-in-an-alien-world/

Thats what I wanted yes. Thanks very much for the info  :) :) :)

Voodoo Magic

Happy to help!  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed