Marvel's Predator (Volume 1) - Predator: Day of the Hunter

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 18, 2021, 06:30:03 PM

Author
Marvel's Predator (Volume 1) - Predator: Day of the Hunter (Read 68,626 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Master Chief

Been waiting for this news!  I ordered all of the Alien main and variant covers and will do the same for Predator.  :D

Voodoo Magic

Ongoing Series as well!

Nightmare Asylum

Better artist than the Alien series, too. :D

Lost_Hunter

Great Covers and a solid team to back it up. That's cool it's going with the space/ future approach(shut up and take my money.) Looking forward to this.

Real talk tho, Dr. Aphra is one of the worst Star Wars characters, hands down.

Voodoo Magic

Cover by LEINIL FRANCIS YU
Variant Cover by RYAN BROWN
Variant Cover by PHILIP TAN
Variant Cover by RAHZZAH
Variant Cover by PEACH MOMOKO
LAUNCH VARIANT COVER BY DAVID FINCH
PREMIERE VARIANT COVER BY LEINIL FRANCIS YU
VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
VIRGIN VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE
VARIANT COVER BY RON LIM
VARIANT COVER BY SKOTTIE YOUNG
WRAPAROUND CAMOUFLAGE VARIANT COVER ALSO AVAILABLE
HUNT. KILL. REPEAT.

So this cover is awesome but is its basis a toy? It definitely has a Hot Toys kind of feel, but better, more dynamic, no seams. Or is just photorealistic art, which I've been surprised by in more than one occasion?

Lost_Hunter

The Philip Tan cover looks like he has an Alien innner jaw, whoops. Too many teeth.

Xiggz456

Hell ya! Nice find NA! Really interested in the future setting and like the article stated I'm sure that Marvel will be setting up an AVP story sooner rather than later! Really pleased that Marvel isn't sitting on these properties!

HumanPredator

Once again small personal story.  Great!

DaniillLogOut

Hmmm. Any signs of tracing ?

Ultramorph

I dig the near future space setting. Curious to see what world-building they do. Seems clear they're gearing up for AvP probably a year or so down the line.

SuperiorIronman

It seems Marvel is doing things a bit better here with Predator. A stronger creative team, a simpler story, and while I can't be sure about tracing on a cover (that one does look like it's based on the Hot Toys figures) Kev Walker is a solid choice even if you might not realize it's him in a line up. Overall the synopsis and creative team does inspire confidence in the project.

I'm definitely in agreement an AVP is somewhere in the pipeline. Though I would sincerely hope it's not for two years at best of story arcs. The thing is for a big crossover is that you need to have a status-quo for things to be shaken up. An event can be fun but it's Alien and Predator that is the ongoing, not AVP. Most people simply don't like having a book interrupted by an event. When we get there I'd hope AVP is its own book to do the crossover.

Bug hunt wilson

Bug hunt wilson

You  whay will be cool this predator is from the same clan as scarface and scarface makes a cameo similar to predator 2 ending

Voodoo Magic

Looking at Ed Brisson's body of work makes me anticipate this book even more. This and the upcoming omnibus should make it quite a Summer for Predator comics!

Kailem

Love that second cover, and the night vision one looks cool too! Sounds like they've got a solid team on this one. Bit surprised to hear it's set in the future, but that's clearly going to be Marvel's way of introducing AVP at some point and having it tie in with (or spin out of) their ongoing Aliens and Predator series.

I wasn't entirely sure we'd be seeing Marvel's first Predator series so soon, even with all the variant promotion they've been doing, so it'll be interesting to see how this goes!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed