6 Weapons! (IGN First)

Started by PAS Spinelli, Mar 18, 2021, 04:20:13 PM

Author
6 Weapons! (IGN First) (Read 7,098 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Once you see the error of the new m41 a design, you can't unsee it. 

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 18, 2021, 04:26:06 PM
It shoots from the second barrel for some reason

mesh

mesh

"As with most Marine firearms, caseless ammunition makes the M41 suitable for use during EVA and in microgravity environments – there is no risk of ejected hot brass floating into nearby allies."

Ok, now this is getting ridiculous...

Having a case ejector and case deflector on a rifle using caseless ammunition is just embarassing.

Wish the devs had a firearms advisor, or at least somebody at the company who had a basic understanding of how they work.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

That Type 78 is suspiciously 'Mass Effect'-like.

"So notorious is the weapon's volume of fully-automatic fire, Marines joke that the true sign of an expert is the ability to pull the trigger and fire just one bullet."

So, no semi-automatic selector?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kimarhi on Mar 18, 2021, 04:26:06 PM

I wonder if there's actually something underslung, but disguised.

Actually no, because of that bloody muzzle attachment. Yeah, that just seems like a goof.

Quote from: mesh on Mar 18, 2021, 07:02:20 PM
Wish the devs had a firearms advisor, or at least somebody at the company who had a basic understanding of how they work.

To be fair, that might just be following the original prop's cues.

mesh

mesh

@Xenomorphine: Yeah, the 78 is definitely very Mass Effect-ish.
I'm not sure the pulse rifle ever had single fire. For this game, I guess we'd have to see the other side of the rifle, the fire selector (if there is one) should be there.

@Hicks: I think you've missed my point perhaps because you haven't seen some previous posts about the new pulse rifle's problems. Here's more on page 4: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=64813.45

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

If I remember correctly the thompson shooting blanks still had the ejection port in the correct place.

It can be reskinned quite easily, but it is a silly mistake.

Technically there could be hot brass in space for a weapon system that has casings, if I remember correctly in space things stay hotter or colder longer because convection is non existent in a vacuum. 

You'd technically freeze quicker in the artic than you would in space.  BUT if you are in space you are going to be in a spacesuit and thus wouldn't[t have to worry about hot brass. 

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: mesh on Mar 18, 2021, 07:41:48 PM
@Xenomorphine: Yeah, the 78 is definitely very Mass Effect-ish.
I'm not sure the pulse rifle ever had single fire. For this game, I guess we'd have to see the other side of the rifle, the fire selector (if there is one) should be there.

@Hicks: I think you've missed my point perhaps because you haven't seen some previous posts about the new pulse rifle's problems. Here's more on page 4: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=64813.45
this is not the same thread, why do you assume he would have seen?

mesh

mesh

Yeah, it had. A weapon using cased ammo has to somehow eject said cases after firing or the weapon stops working, so they couldn't cover/move the ejection port. You can see spent cases flying out when Vasquez is shooting the "real" pulse rifle prop in the vent escape scene after the operations fight. Movie mistake, I guess those were the constraints they were working with.

For the game, let's hope the developers fix this blunder.. or at least make up their minds if the new pulse rifle uses caseless or cased ammo and design it accordingly.
Outright saying it's using caseless after designing it as using cased, with an obvious and exposed AR15-style case ejecting bolt, including a case deflector behind it, is just silly.
That being said, I still have no idea how the rounds make it from the magazine all the way to the top barrel if the aforementioned bolt and firing chamber for the lower barrel are in the way...

mesh

mesh

@PAS Spinelli

Because he's covering the game, he started that thread, the thread is recent and active, there aren't that many threads in that subforum anyway yet, he's a guy that's generally on top of things, and in case that he'd missed it, I've pasted the link right here.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: mesh on Mar 18, 2021, 07:41:48 PM

Yeah, that was my bad. Only just noticed they'd moved the placement of the port. Doh!! Proper blanked on that.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Good news is that most people either won't notice or care.  But maybe I'm underestimating people's general knowledge of firearms.

mesh

mesh

No bads, no worries, let's just hope it gets fixed because as Kimarhi said, once you see it, you can't unsee it  :)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 18, 2021, 07:06:50 PM
That Type 78 is suspiciously 'Mass Effect'-like.

No kidding:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed