Rest in Peace Yaphet Kotto

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Mar 16, 2021, 04:18:46 AM

Author
Rest in Peace Yaphet Kotto (Read 10,201 times)

Evanus

Evanus

:'(

R.I.P. Yaphet.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Damn... RIP Mr Kotto. You were part of a lot of my childhood movie memories... You had a really interesting career and you will never be forgotten.

BringbackJonesy!

BringbackJonesy!

A sore loss indeed. 

Certain movies greatly benefit from having actors who are very 'rewatchable' in them, and ALIEN definitely falls into that catagory with the likes of Yaphet Kotto amongst it's terrific cast.

I've never seen it, but I recently ordered a copy of the 1972 'Harlem gangsters' movie ACROSS 110th STREET, purely because I found out he was in it.  While Yaphet's defining performance will always be 'Parker' for me, I will now give it a viewing tonight in his memory.  Here's it's theme as a tribute to him, which some of you may recall from Quentin Tarantino's JACKIE BROWN - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOg_8hCC4u4   

judge death

judge death

Damn it, one of the best charachters in alien passes away :(
I knew him also from running man movie where he was as superb in his acting together with arnold.

Sad day and gonna be missed, RIP Kotto/Parker, hope you get to be with Brett and work out that bonus situation and get full bonus like everyone else and go home and party up there in heaven. :P

Hmm so:
Kane died first
Brett
then Ash
Now Parker
so that means if we follow directors cut: run Lambert, I fear she is next :O :(

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: BringbackJonesy! on Mar 16, 2021, 07:00:59 PM
A sore loss indeed. 

Certain movies greatly benefit from having actors who are very 'rewatchable' in them, and ALIEN definitely falls into that catagory with the likes of Yaphet Kotto amongst it's terrific cast.

I've never seen it, but I recently ordered a copy of the 1972 'Harlem gangsters' movie ACROSS 110th STREET, purely because I found out he was in it.  While Yaphet's defining performance will always be 'Parker' for me, I will now give it a viewing tonight in his memory.  Here's it's theme as a tribute to him, which some of you may recall from Quentin Tarantino's JACKIE BROWN - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOg_8hCC4u4

Cool movie, and a f**king great soundtrack ! Yaphet Kotto is really good in this one.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

This hurts man

Quote from: judge death on Mar 16, 2021, 08:18:24 PM

Hmm so:
Kane died first
Brett
then Ash
Now Parker
Not the time for jokes man, and he was more than just a "character"

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Rest In Peace Yaphet Kotto.

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Whaaat? Oh nooo. I know its inevitable and that times passes byt it always hits like a hammer. Rest in peace. Ive met him once he was really nice. He signed my poster. Great character, great actor

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

This news hurts. Was even reading an article about how in the March on Washington he was on the steps when Martin Luther King Jr. gave his speech "I Have A Dream" and even revisited that spot with his daughter.

Rest in peace.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

I knew him also from running man movie where he was as superb in his acting together with arnold.

Sad day and gonna be missed, RIP Kotto/Parker, hope you get to be with Brett and work out that bonus situation and get full bonus like everyone else and go home and party up there in heaven. :P

Hmm so:
Kane died first
Brett
then Ash
Now Parker
The best character in ALIEN passed away in late 1992.

SiL

SiL

f**king hell dude, not the time.

kwisatz

kwisatz

RIP man...

Loved him in Homicide too.

This sadly reminds of the bit in the Alien documentary thats about the time Ridley is constantly trying to evade Yaphet on set who only wants to speak to him to convince him that he's not gonna die in a certain scene lol...  :'(

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Elmazalman on Mar 17, 2021, 04:15:13 AM

Hmm so:
Kane died first
Brett
then Ash
Now Parker
The best character in ALIEN passed away in late 1992.
Bolaji left us way too early, would had loved to see him in the suit again, he made a such good acting and work in the suit in how he moved and behaved. Hard to think so many from this franchise is leaving, the actors mentioned, walter hill, dan o bannon, Giger amongst others :/ 

PsyKore

PsyKore

He was my favourite in Alien. RIP.  :'(

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Me too... :'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed