Aliens: Fireteam Class Walkthroughs - Gunner and Technician!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 12, 2021, 05:55:12 PM

Author
Aliens: Fireteam Class Walkthroughs - Gunner and Technician! (Read 15,174 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As we get further into March, IGN continues their coverage of Cold Iron Studio’s upcoming Aliens: Fireteam as part of their First coverage. Following on from the revealing of 6 of the game’s upcoming Alien types, Cold Iron’s Chris Matz – Fireteam’s Lead Systems and Combat Designer – walks IGN through two of the Colonial Marines classes available in the game: the Gunner and Technician!

The Gunner is more of the all-around Colonial  Marines with some focus around firepower with one of his own perks increasing the rate of fire for the rest of the Fireteam, while the Technicianis focused around area control utilizing sentry turrets and charge coils.

We get a good look at the loadout screen and how the classes can be customised. There’s also plenty of new gameplay footage, including what we’re suspecting maybe Engineer ruins and some action inside an Alien hive!

Keep a close eye on Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest news on Aliens: Fireteam! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

PAS Spinelli

More indepth than I expected, looking forward to this

Geneslicer

i wish there was a way to beta test this ... i certainly have plenty of xp with beta testing since i spent 15 years testing og xbox - xbox one

Jumss

Really hope they get rid of the red x or give us an option to turn it off when you kill the aliens

Xeno Black

This is looking better and better!

Kailem

I really like the almost "inventory management"-style setup they have for the perks and abilities. I'm one of those crazy people who actually likes that sort of stuff in my games (comes from playing a lot of survival horror and open-world rpg's I guess), so I like that they're going with something a little different than just the standard perk selection that's almost going to require a little puzzle solving in order to fit everything you want in.

And it looks like there are going to be a decent amount of perks and modifiers too. I like the idea of "universal" perks too, reminds me of Dead by Daylight a bit.

I also wonder how many of these new weapons we might end up seeing in the Colonial Marines Operations Manual when it comes out. I see on that Kramer rifle description there's mention of the UPP, so it'd be a nice bit of world-building of some or all of these showed up in that too.

Wweyland

The M41A2 Pulse Rifle? Aliens vs. Predator 2010 already had the M41A/2  :)

razeak

My interest increased. It's clear we're going to be mowing down hordes of aliens. It's a genre game with an Alien skin, but it looks well thought out.

PVTDukeMorrison

I like how the description for the Kramer references the UPP.

Xenomorphine

Interesting that they're going with the primitive 'Deus Ex' block-styled inventory management system.

Safi

Where is the grenade launcher attachment for the M41A  :o ? It is not among the mods...

JayHy17

This is lookin damn good! Ridge and Hicks, you guys doing a reaction video to this?

Kimarhi

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Mar 12, 2021, 11:40:44 PM
Interesting that they're going with the primitive 'Deus Ex' block-styled inventory management system.

Overpower management. 

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: JayHy17 on Mar 13, 2021, 03:21:24 PM
This is lookin damn good! Ridge and Hicks, you guys doing a reaction video to this?

Hopefully in the next couple of hours.

Quote from: Safi on Mar 13, 2021, 01:38:10 PM
Where is the grenade launcher attachment for the M41A  :o ? It is not among the mods...

They didn't go through the weapon mods, only the class perks and mods.

Grimtaur

I hope that you will be able to disable the white outlines around the xenos, when you're aiming down sight.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed