25 Minutes of Gameplay Footage

Started by Adam802, Mar 04, 2021, 05:01:48 PM

Author
25 Minutes of Gameplay Footage (Read 30,487 times)

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Mar 08, 2021, 02:09:10 PM
Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 08, 2021, 01:27:13 PM
Pretty game. It seems tailor-made for those gamers who felt emasculated by Alien Isolation.

I'm gonna play that game again, instead.  :)

Gamers felt emasculated by Alien Isolation?

Many, not all.

newbeing

newbeing

While I'm not crazy for what I've seen so far, considering the stressful hell that I'm sure ColdIron's team had to go through with the breakup with FoxNext, I'm glad they got to release the game at all, and wish them well.

BlueMarsalis79

Yes absolutely.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Vrastal on Mar 05, 2021, 11:32:22 PM
Quote from: Kailem on Mar 05, 2021, 09:37:41 PM
Something I only just noticed after reading the comments section on the AVPG Motion Tracker video for this is that both times the Warrior appears, for those parts that some people thought looked a bit dumb when it just walks slowly towards the players and soaked up tons of fire, it had actually been slowed down by those "charge coils" the Technician player had thrown out which are specifically designed to do just that. You can see the blue electricity effect on it both times it happens. So under normal circumstances I'd imagine the Warriors will likely only ever be running and leaping at players unless you use that gadget on them.

The devs even point out that they slow things down with the shock web thing. people are going to complain just to complain.

I thought those charge coils caused only damage, as I saw other aliens get zapped up like flies to a zapper on em. Alright then, guess I missed that one. Glad they aren't lumbering dumbasses.

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 06, 2021, 03:25:58 PM
Yeah but why can't we get that in a squad based tactical shooter with a strong story instead?
Ridley Scott gave us the perfect fodder enemy with the Neomorphs and Abominations anyway, you can have the actual Aliens be substantially tougher to deal with, and not throw away that gravitas Alien Isolation worked through so much public perception to earn.

The most recent horror tactical shooter with a strong story that I played was Dead Space 3 and it was amazing (too bad there will never be a sequel to the series anymore leaving that ending a very horrific one that I seen in a series for a long while). I would love to see Aliens Fireteam go in that same route  of story telling strength and longevity.

As for the Neomorphs, Abominations, and any other black goo creatures, it seems like since both recent films left a sour taste in many fans that they don't want to touch anything related to that area for now. It could be highly possible that maybe we could encounter them as a surprise seeing how it looks like we are going into one of the Engineer ships that is underground if the trailers are anything to go by.

Speaking of alien types, where is my damm Queen Mother, give my my eldritch horror xenomorph already! Dead Space got my fully on board of alien things messing with your mind with powers that the human mind cannot comprehend. Give me that trippy business that will keep me on my toes, where I should be.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: SM on Mar 08, 2021, 11:36:43 AM
I don't care too much for money.

SM got stacks!

BlueMarsalis79

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Dead Space 2 was so good, though I felt pretty let down by the third game myself.

Honestly I'm way stoked about Fireteam.

I loved Isolation and would love another one of that kind of Alien game. But it's the 35th Anniversary of Aliens, time for a proper bug hunt.

Man some of the griping I'm seeing is taking me back to 2010. Memories...

I think the comparisons with A:CM are unfounded, this is an entirely different team and almost a decade later. As the month goes on we'll see more about this one and I'm sure some will like what they see, others won't.

I'm thinking I'll fall into the former. While this is more of a survival shooter than I was expecting given initial rumors, I'm honestly more on board for that then a Destiny-style game. I can still personally make some comparisons to Warframe. Also seems to have elements of Left 4 Dead and Gears, both of those franchises having awesome games. Have also seen a comparison to World War Z which I've only played a little bit of but enjoyed and I've heard is surprisingly good.

I'm pretty confused about some of the complaints/doubts about the graphics. Looks fantastic from what I'm seeing. This is Alpha and only months from release, not a years in advance E3 preview demo with an isolated build like ACM was. It shouldn't look any less than this on next gen consoles and modern PCs. Hopefully Digital Foundry will have a full analysis once the game launches.

Andy79

Andy79

I've been really excited for this game, which hopefully rights the wrongs of ACM.

I still vividly remember how excited I was when I first saw the Isolation advert which popped up unexpectedly on YouTube one day (those annoying ads before the video plays), and was immediately psyched. I was literally counting the days and bought it on the day of release. The game was ACE and I've been looking forward to a new one ever since.

But seeing this gameplay footage left me feeling very cold and uninspired. The environments look great, but it made me realise how I'm just bored at the prospect of a shooter - especially in third person, which is my least preferred POV.

Don't get me wrong - I support this in principle and I WILL buy it - but only after the reviews are out. The recent Pred' game was a real let-down so I'm happy to wait. Customisable characters don't interest me either - neither do Alien variants. I really couldn't give a monkey's for those gimmicks. I just want to play a great game. But as far as I can see, there's nothing new or inspiring here. And those runners. Jeez. I've seen scarier cats.

Isolation established that Alien is worthy of tense survival horror. I fear trying to play online with other people will be futile a few weeks after release. A shooter just isn't the way to go.

It looks like a fun arcade game for a few minutes, but if they charge a AAA title price, I'll be surprised. From the footage, I'd go to £30 tops.

Andy79

Andy79

Not loving the runners' AI. They are running around with no intelligence, like they are children playing a game of "chicken". But hopefully that's not representative of the game. Fingers crossed - I hope I'm proved wrong and this game kicks ass!

Andy79

Andy79

Let's not forget that the whole warrior and drone thing was born from James Cameron's decision to take the smooth head off because they broke easily. I'm happy to be corrected, but I don't think warriors grow into drones - that's just our imaginations isn't it, trying to explain the difference between Cameron's and Scott's versions. I've got all the movies and comics - but I admit I've not read all the novels. Is there any actual in-universe stuff that states warriors and drones are different? Because I thought it was just a special effects team decision. Happy to be corrected if there's any evidence to the contrary.

SM

SM

QuoteDead Space 2 was so good, though I felt pretty let down by the third game myself.

I replayed Dead Space 2 a little while back and gave up at the end.  No idea how I beat it the first time, but this time I had stuff all ammo, so just didn't bother.

judge death

judge death

Quote from: Andy79 on Mar 08, 2021, 10:31:02 PM
Let's not forget that the whole warrior and drone thing was born from James Cameron's decision to take the smooth head off because they broke easily. I'm happy to be corrected, but I don't think warriors grow into drones - that's just our imaginations isn't it, trying to explain the difference between Cameron's and Scott's versions. I've got all the movies and comics - but I admit I've not read all the novels. Is there any actual in-universe stuff that states warriors and drones are different? Because I thought it was just a special effects team decision. Happy to be corrected if there's any evidence to the contrary.
According to cameron himself and some of the books: Drones/lurker or whatever you call them: As they age they get the ridged head, afterall drones and warriors have same body and size etc, just the head and camerons aliens having these arm blades, okay the feet is slightly different but all of it can be explained by they are a few days old and matured.

then theres tons of different theories depending on which comics and games you see as canon.

PVTDukeMorrison

What thing that I didn't see is welding doors, I really wanna be able to weld doors

SM

SM

Quote from: judge death on Mar 08, 2021, 11:51:30 PM
Quote from: Andy79 on Mar 08, 2021, 10:31:02 PM
According to cameron himself and some of the books: Drones/lurker or whatever you call them: As they age they get the ridged head, afterall drones and warriors have same body and size etc, just the head and camerons aliens having these arm blades, okay the feet is slightly different but all of it can be explained by they are a few days old and matured.

then theres tons of different theories depending on which comics and games you see as canon.

Cameron's drones were small albino versions of the warrior Alien that tend the Queen. 

The terms drone/ warrior/ soldier whatever are effectively interchangeable. Or at least they were until they need different varieties for games.

Cameron explained his differences in Cinefex as being a mutation or different generation.  He later agreed with a fan's assertion that the differences could also be due to the creatures age.

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Mar 09, 2021, 12:01:16 AM
What thing that I didn't see is welding doors, I really wanna be able to weld doors

While an Alien is trying to bash it down.  :)

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Trash Queen on Mar 08, 2021, 07:35:46 PM
https://64.media.tumblr.com/04ff606de6f7f34f43355769ed4fa30b/tumblr_n6w66y1dxn1r39jbio4_500.gif
https://64.media.tumblr.com/afb459f3bdf5058120f0714f3212e2eb/tumblr_n6w66y1dxn1r39jbio1_500.gif
https://64.media.tumblr.com/40c3ff3bc37a4c9e7d5b0ee09716dd7c/tumblr_n6w66y1dxn1r39jbio2_500.gif
https://64.media.tumblr.com/6ce4e9433c670bfe1bda8b042a2df822/tumblr_n6w66y1dxn1r39jbio3_500.gif

Honestly, I think weakpoints should be considered as a gameplay element for future Alien games. Its not just simply shooting at waves of aliens but also how to bring down them down where it counts like how the toughest ones aren't simply bullet sponges to make things harder. I know the Crusher you shoot behind the thick dome but thats about it, should be more to it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed