Cold Iron Studio's Aliens: Fireteam Announced For Summer 2021!

Started by Darkness, Mar 02, 2021, 03:09:06 PM

Author
Cold Iron Studio's Aliens: Fireteam Announced For Summer 2021! (Read 26,541 times)

razeak

After watching the gameplay video, I have minor nerd gripes, but overall it looks at least good. I hope the difficulty can be ramped up significantly.

Le Celticant

Copy A:CM > Put 3rd person > Paste  ::)

judge death

judge death

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 04, 2021, 10:54:44 AM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 04, 2021, 12:26:48 AM
Quote from: judge death on Mar 03, 2021, 11:25:51 PM
In aliens they ran on all two legs most of the time.
They never run on two legs in Aliens. They crawl, walk, or when they want to move quickly, they leap. The fastest Aliens we see in the movie are all using four limbs -- the Aliens in the vents, the Alien that gets to the elevator when Hicks and Ripley are leaving, and the Aliens leaping off the walls towards Ripley in the hive.

Those circumstances actually required crawling though, the vents are not that big and any movement on walls and ceilings would require all their limbs. That being said, you are right in that there is no outright running, but you do see what we getting at right?
Yep! We saw big chap crawling on all four in the airducts when Dallas was trying to hunt it, if it cant stand then it will go on all four, and same for when climbing. Tons of photos of the warrior and behind the scenes where we see them run/stand on bipeds and not on all four, although they can, no doubt about that. We also see the dog alien stand on two, like when it attacks clemens and lifts him up in the air 2 meters up and headbiting him, or when in the piston chase, standing on two and screams at one prisoner at the same height, and then you see it also turn around and chase after one on two legs, but its normal stance is on all four, after all it came from a dog/ox and has the legs designed for it. While the warrior and drones have normal human legs that makes it design wise tough and exhausting to walk on all four for long times.

From the book: the book of alien, usmc version of weyland yutani report:
Page 96: Warriors are bipedal creatures and can move on all four if needed and will do so when climbing or walking on the ceiling.
Page 110: Dog alien/runner moves differently from the others, mainly on all four, and has been proven to be able to spit acid.
Page 116: drones/workers sheed their dome as they age and gets the warriors ridged heads.
Page 119: Drones/workers can spit acid.
Page 145: Warriors: a bipedal xenomrph, around same height as a drone. Drone: a bipedal xenomorph. Alien runner/dog alien: a quadripodal xenomorph.

From weyland yutani report book:
Page 24: Dog alien/runner is a quadripodal xenomorph unlike its human hosted bipedal cousins.
Page 20: the creatures limb development depends on the hosts design as the xeno creature adapts to the hosts enviroment. (Later on its shown they take memory and inteligence from the host as well).

Dont find the alien funny when running on two, the xenomorph in isolation did that a lot and was scary as hell when it did and it was a drone, only difference in overall to the warrior would be the dome, else a warrior would look pretty much the same when running:
https://youtu.be/UMSaaHX3uTY?t=319

But enough about this, the point is: would be nice to see the warrior and drones to walk and at times run on their two legs like in isolation and not only moving on all four at all times, preferably they chose stance and movement type depending on what is safest and makes it hardest to kill them :)

Drukathi

Quote from: judge death on Mar 04, 2021, 08:19:00 PM

From the book: the book of alien, usmc version of weyland yutani report:

What is this?

Drukathi

Drukathi

Nothing is clear. Link to wiki or another site? Larger image?

UPD. I found. https://www.amazon.com/Book-Alien-Augmented-Reality-Survival/dp/0062695363

Some moments cause questions

Example. Page 116: drones/workers sheed their dome as they age and gets the warriors ridged heads.

Sounds like a cringe theory of molts when Big Chap turns into a warrior in a few days. Correct me if I'm wrong.

judge death

Sounds good to me and goes much deeper into the xenomorphs than weyland yutani report does and shares much same info, but froma  colonial marine inteligence view on the matter.

SiL

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 04, 2021, 10:54:44 AM
Those circumstances actually required crawling though, the vents are not that big and any movement on walls and ceilings would require all their limbs. That being said, you are right in that there is no outright running, but you do see what we getting at right?
I never said they weren't ever bipedal, literally just that they never run on two legs as Judge Death had said :P

They're frequently upright, but it's never shown as their preferred method of getting anywhere quickly. That's all. I know the games take it too far and have them crawling almost all the time.

The Cruentus

Yeah AVP2010 wasn't the best experience to play as an Alien. The 8 to 9ft monster is reduced to waist high and it loses its intimidation.

judge death

Quote from: The Cruentus on Mar 04, 2021, 09:39:03 PM
Yeah AVP2010 wasn't the best experience to play as an Alien. The 8 to 9ft monster is reduced to waist high and it loses its intimidation.
Alien vs predator classic/1999 has the same issue, and playing as a marine the xenos are smaller than you xD

The Cruentus

Monolith'swas great, you actually had the choice to either crawl or move bipedely. Now there is a game that could use a remake.

SiL

Even standing upright the Aliens seemed smaller than the marine :laugh:

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

Actually, they are pretty big, but the FOV makes em look small, aswell as their pose, but they are movie accurate size wise, with the warrior being even bigger

Even the other marines look small on your screen :laugh:

SiL

I meant in AvP Classic, for the record.

I'm not a big fan of 3rd person games and I'm really not sure why they went for it here.

PAS Spinelli

Probably to show off the character customization

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed