Predator Hunts Marvel Heroes In New Variant Covers!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 17, 2021, 06:46:43 PM

Author
Predator Hunts Marvel Heroes In New Variant Covers! (Read 7,151 times)

Corporal Hicks

Alien had its turn guest starring on January’s Marvel covers, now it’s Predator’s time to get the spotlight! The Predator will be appearing on the covers of 6 Marvel series in May.

Since making its debut in the landmark 1987 film, the remorseless alien killer has invaded pop culture in film, comic books, video games, and more. Now, locked in combat with Marvel's greatest heroes from Spider-Man to the Fantastic Four, the Predator begins a new conquest. Capturing the horrifying, unforgiving nature of Predator with classic Marvel Comics storytelling, these outstanding covers are sure to capture the imagination of both Marvel and Predator fans as they prepare for what's next. Look through all the variants in the gallery below!

Don't miss your chance to enjoy this unparalleled mashup by collecting each Predator variant cover starting in May. Stay tuned in the coming weeks as Marvel reveals more of these extraordinary covers and be on the lookout for exciting news about new Predator adventures coming your way this year. 

On Sale 5/5
AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #65 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by CORY SMITH

On Sale 5/12
FANTASTIC FOUR #32 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by SUPERLOG
SPIDER-WOMAN #12 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by JUAN JOSÉ RYP

On Sale 5/19
THE MIGHTY VALKYRIES #2 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by JUNGGEUN YOON
GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #14 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by CHRIS SPROUSE

On Sale 5/26
MILES MORALES: SPIDER-MAN #26 PREDATOR VARIANT COVER by MATTIA DE IULIS

asm2018065_smith_predatorvarff2018032_superlog_predatorvargargal2020014_predatorvarmightyvalkyries2021002_predatorvarmmsm2018026_deiulis_predatorvarswoman2020012_ryp_predatorvar

Though Aliens will be making its solo Marvel debut in March, we’re still waiting for an announcement regarding Marvel’s first Predator series. We should hopefully be hearing more over the next 2 or 3 months on that front. Marvel have also previously announced their first Predator Omnibus collection which is due out in August.

Make sure you stick with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy for the latest Alien and Predator comic and novel news! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

xenomorphfan092

xenomorphfan092

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

judge death

cannon fodder for the marvel heroes and seems this is what predator and alien franchise will be best used for sadly :/

BlueMarsalis79

It's literally just variant covers.

judge death

Matter of time, teasers for whats upcoming I bet :P

BlueMarsalis79

And I will definitely most likely
#whinge when it happens.

But not before that.

Corporal Hicks

It's nothing more than drumming up some interest before the solo series rocks up as with Alien. That Miles one looks gorgeous though.

EJA

Yeah, right now I'm not convinced it means we'll be seeing the Predators pop up in the Marvel stories. Good covers, though.

Katanu

If they did Punisher vs. Predator it could be interesting. Judge Dredd vs Predator was pretty good.

Kailem

I mean, Aliens and Predators have already fought half the DC roster so it's not like them fighting Marvel characters would be something that's unprecedented. And yeah, it's absolutely going to happen, the only question is will they be in-continuity (to the Marvel U) or stand-alone stories like Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe?

As for these covers, my favourites of these are definitely the Miles Morales and Valkyrie ones. Those both look great.

RakaiThwei

I wonder if there will be as many covers featuring the Predator as they did for Alien, and I've seen A LOT of Alien covers in my local comic book shop. For there to just be only six covers for Predator kind of... I don't know... seems lacking. You'd think there'd be one where a Predator is actually holding the skull of a Marvel hero or villain, or a comedic one with Deadpool...

As for the Aliens and Predators being cannon fodder for the Marvel characters... You know, I'm glad I am not the only one who fears this. I mean the Marvel fandom really sees the Alien and Predator characters as that, and I would think that maybe Marvel's writers do too since current writers were Marvel fanatics who probably came up with their own fandom material before being hired by Marvel...

SM

Quote from: judge death on Feb 17, 2021, 07:56:44 PM
cannon fodder for the marvel heroes and seems this is what predator and alien franchise will be best used for sadly :/

They're monsters.  They die in the films too.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: SM on Feb 19, 2021, 06:02:36 AM
They're monsters.  They die in the films too.

I think he means that Marvel might depict the Alien and Predator as being casually, and easily curb-stomped by the Marvel characters... I mean... in some cases that WOULD happen with the cosmic level/high tier level characters like... Thor or Phoenix, but I think he's afraid that the street level/low level heroes i.e. Spider-Man, Captain America, Daredevil, would easily beat Aliens and Predators.

Regardless if EU feats would be accounted for from the Dark Horse publications or not.

judge death

judge death

^That, with dark horse these vs comics was spinnoffs and very few, the highest number was two issues against superman with aliens and another with judge dredd but that was it. Marvel with their 30+ super heroes who beats interstellar villains, and xmen beating 100 meter tall robots in most comics wont have issues beating aliiens and if they do it often with them and not a single spinn off, then this might become the norm, and when seeing so many ask for punisher vs aliens, wiolverine vs aliens, I fear they will do a lot of these vs comics or have them in their standard issues of comics. Have to see. But when doing so damn many pr pictures and alternative covers with the heroes against aliens and predators....

I cant remember they bombarded their comic covers with star wars and pictures of darth vader vs spiderman when they got the star wars license back in 2012.

Corporal Hicks

It's not an infrequent thing. They did when they were launching a solo Mary Jane series too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed