Possible Character Details

Started by botmetro, Feb 09, 2021, 10:14:03 PM

Author
Possible Character Details (Read 20,843 times)

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Indeed.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Naginata on Mar 02, 2021, 01:03:13 AM
A 19 year-old Comanche warrior, boy or girl, would beat the shit out of anyone in this thread. Those folks WERE NOT f**king around.
Thank you

all the moaning about a "teenage girl" as the lead is just toxic masculinity speaking lmao

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Ahem... With no weapons ? I'm not so sure about that. Probably some people here who would beat her to a pulp. And I don't mean two or three people.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

At face value, I can see how a teenage male or female lead versus a Predator can cause a stir among fandom. Since Disney has acquired it, there has been a concern over the "Disneyfication" of Predator where they might take the franchise and soften it, perhaps even to the degree the Twighlight or Hunger Games fare.

But in context, knowing that 19 years old is considered an adult today, that Comanche natives had a much shorter lifespan and would marry around the age of 12, it seems very historically appropriate, and hopefully will be treated as such.  :)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 03, 2021, 03:29:04 PM
Ahem... With no weapons ? I'm not so sure about that. Probably some people here who would beat her to a pulp. And I don't mean two or three people.
sure thing fam I'd blow anyone into chunks given proper prep -- it all depends on context

which we don't have

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Omegamorph on Mar 03, 2021, 04:57:42 PM
sure thing fam I'd blow anyone into chunks given proper prep -- it all depends on context

which we don't have

Not anyone, a 19 yo comanche girl with no weapons. And a 19 yo comanche girl with no weapons... Still is a 19 yo girl. Not dangerous or capable of doing something ? Sure she can. But sure also many people in here would kick her ass just based on pure strength, weight advantages etc.

Not much context needed either IMO. A way heavier guy against an unarmed badass girl, still I'll bet my money on the guy, even with no martial arts background for him.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 03, 2021, 06:51:51 PM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Mar 03, 2021, 04:57:42 PM

which we don't have

Not anyone, a 19 yo comanche girl with no weapons. And a 19 yo comanche girl with no weapons... Still is a 19 yo girl. Not dangerous or capable of doing something ? Sure she can. But sure also many people in here would kick her ass just based on pure strength, weight advantages etc.

Not much context needed either IMO. A way heavier guy against an unarmed badass girl, still I'll bet my money on the guy, even with no martial arts background for him.

A young woman trained from a warrior tribe that is famously known to successfully resist many armies and tribes for a very long time that basically lives and breaths war daily vs...... some couch potato or normie. The same tribe that is famously known to fight to the death as captured alive is meant torture from their enemies which is something they want to avoid at all costs? Not to mention smaller and skinner men knocked out bigger and more muscular ones based on simply having the right fist at the right place. A mean right hook is a mean right hook, no matter what.

Sure dude yeah this fight is a no brainer....

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

One punch from a 200 Ibs couch potato and it's lights out, no matter how many wars you've been in. No brainer indeed, money's still on the normie.

Smaller and skinnier men still stronger than most girls because biology. And a mean right hook from a trained 19yo girl is less powerful than a mean right hook from a 200 Ibs regular guy.

Just curious, how this 19yo warrior chick's gonna wreck a way stronger regular man with her bare hands ?

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Weight and reach are generally the deciding factors in any fight.

But we're talking about Predator where smaller combatants using cunning or tenacity to take out larger foes is like, the main theme.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

I agree. All I'm saying is that one punch from a regular 200 Ibs guy and it's goodbye guaranteed.
One punch from a well trained 19yo girl and it's not necessarily goodbye guaranteed. Trust me, I took many.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 03, 2021, 07:56:32 PM
One punch from a 200 Ibs couch potato and it's lights out, no matter how many wars you've been in. No brainer indeed, money's still on the normie.

Smaller and skinnier men still stronger than most girls because biology. And a mean right hook from a trained 19yo girl is less powerful than a mean right hook from a 200 Ibs regular guy.

Simple, if the man never trained or has any experience in his day of his life, his hits will never make contact unless he has fortunate luck. If you can't catch your opponent, you will not do nothing to your opponent. The reflexes of a warrior, be it a male or female 19 year old will be far faster and hits much harder than the normie.

Look at the example of an aged Cus d'Amato

The man is old, but he know when and how to hit Muhammed Ali and you even see Ali being surprised by the man's quick reaction. Thats just decades of training in his mind which we all know eventually he trains Mike Tyson that became a legend himself. Age barely slowed him down, and thats an elderly man. I can imagine the youth of a young woman with a warrior heritage doing worse to a 200lb normie.

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 03, 2021, 07:56:32 PM
Just curious, how this 19yo warrior chick's gonna wreck a way stronger regular man with her bare hands ?

If the young woman who has been trained and lived under a warrior tribe for all her life, its not strange that she would know some form of hand to hand combat as various native american tribes had their own art of combat. With the Comanche famously/infamously being known to focus on war than any other native american tribe out there, its not hard to imagine their own system of hand to hand combat, kind of like any warrior culture like Vikings or Spartans.
So just like the many forms of war out there with hand to hand combat training, but they have similar ways to finish the job; Go for the throat, crush the layrx, bend the arm in a way that should not ever bend, wear down your opponent to create an opening for her to target, use the weight of your opponent against them by hooking the incoming fist and using momentum to throw him over the shoulder lay the man on his back and in turn finish him off with a neck stop, kick, knee, punch, ect.

I'm not entirely familiar with any existing native american art of war due to lost history but I know there are some systems that are still alive today. If you want historical reference of capable female warriors, one can look at the Dahomey Amazons, an all woman warrior regiment for the Kingdom of Dahomey or even Running Eagle a native american woman of the Blackfoot tribe that lead many war parties for her tribe.

There was one famous account in the Dahomey Amazons, when assaulted the French city of Kotonou on March 4, 1890, that at one point during this battle, one French soldier wrote about seeing his best friend decapitated with one swing of a machete from a pissed-off Amazon. When a second soldier knocked the weapon out of the woman's hand with his rifle butt, she threw him on the ground and tore out his larynx with her teeth.

Her teeth

The nasty hand to hand combat that allowed her to disarm, pin down a taller and heavier male that is trained by one of the most powerful nations of the time, and tear out his juggler with her teeth, is something to be feared. And seeing how the Comanche are also known to fight this messy, there is no doubt that 19 year old warrior can do something just as nasty to some normie. Plus, history has many people taking hits that have been known to either kill or severly injure a human but still get up and keep fighting, no stranger for this to be just as applicable to someone who lives in a warrior culture.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

"women bad" - guy in a forum that is 50% dedicated to a franchise with a strong female lead fighting rape monsters

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Mar 03, 2021, 10:58:40 PM
"women bad" - guy in a forum that is 50% dedicated to a franchise with a strong female lead fighting rape monsters
women super bad

actually ya know what can you type in 'W.' instead of women that's a swear word this is a boy-safe place fam

Huggs

Huggs

People arguing over what's believable and what isn't in the movie about giant, man-hunting, crab faced space gators.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Huggs on Mar 04, 2021, 12:57:22 AM
People arguing over what's believable and what isn't in the movie about giant, man-hunting, crab faced space gators.
Honestly pretty much, I mean its also the draw of the story that somehow people perceive as a negative. If 1980s US Special Forces had trouble handling a extraterrestrial hunter, how can pre 18th century Native American warriors handle one? I wanna see that movie. It draws my attention to see this go down.

Ironically, people clamor for a fight in the past like a samurai vs Predator fight in Feudal Japan and somehow ignore the power gap between both beings. Make the samurai a women and suddenly talks of believability is all over the place, huh?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed