Possible Character Details

Started by botmetro, Feb 09, 2021, 10:14:03 PM

Author
Possible Character Details (Read 21,346 times)

Hunter-Killer

Hunter-Killer

@morse

Ah, there's your problem, you're comparing it to the first movie too much

Kradan

Kradan

Which is ... not fair ? Original movie was arguably the only truly succesful movie in the whole franchise, of course people gonna go back to it

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah the characters' ages in this context isn't as much as a red flag as it might be in a modern day setting since as has been mentioned, life expectancies were a lot shorter back then and in this case I've got to imagine that late teens (hopefully if the ages are the older of the two mentioned) would be well into what was considered "adulthood" at that point.

And Danny Trejo in anything always makes it better. Just have the entire cast be played by Danny Trejo! Change the story to be a tribe of Trejos rather than Comanche! One Trejo falls, 10 more rise to take his place! It'd be box office gold, I tell you!

Hunter-Killer

Hunter-Killer

I think P2 was relatively successful.

I'm not saying the original should be disregarded, and I definitely love it too, but do we really want a bunch of commandos or Marines killing predators over and over again for 35 years?

I also think the teenager aspect is being underestimated, as Tstyx pointed out; I don't think Comanche teenagers are going to play a role akin to Pocahontas.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but I feel a lot of closed-mindedness, hopefully this will be the first good predator movie we get since predators.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Considering the original's about performative masculinity this comes across as more true to the original than anything since.

Hunter-Killer

Hunter-Killer

(also, didn't Dutch kill the predator by using brute force, fire, a bow, DIY explosives and mud? Comanche warriors wouldn't stand a chance 🤭)

No

No

For this. No, just no. Keep ur bs

ace3g

ace3g

One interesting aspect of this film is the human characters will be familiar with their surroundings/terrain more so than the other films.  They will be able to use that knowledge more so once they know they have become the hunted.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Kailem on Feb 10, 2021, 06:44:42 PM
And Danny Trejo in anything always makes it better. Just have the entire cast be played by Danny Trejo! Change the story to be a tribe of Trejos rather than Comanche! One Trejo falls, 10 more rise to take his place! It'd be box office gold, I tell you!

Quote from: Trash Queen on Feb 10, 2021, 06:52:05 PM
Considering the original's about performative masculinity this comes across as more true to the original than anything since.

Well, rather it's been interpreted that way. I don't believe either the Thomas Brothers or John McTiernan have ever said they have chased such a lofty subtext.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Knowing Hollywood nowadays, it's totally possible they'll pull the "I'm going to show you I am a strong woman as capable as a man" card without any subtlety. But let's give it a chance nonetheless, it's in a too early development stage to be sure of anything now.

Hunter-Killer

Hunter-Killer

Predator vs. female Mandalorian would be sick

OOOOooooOOO

"DontdropTheSoap" is probably going to call everyone snowflakes while sticking the middle finger at his phone screen.

A true colonial marine to put us in our place haha

Rush Hour Rambo

Rush Hour Rambo

Quote from: Hunter-Killer on Feb 10, 2021, 06:35:41 PM
@morse

Ah, there's your problem, you're comparing it to the first movie too much

I was thinking about all of them to be honest. Soldiers & grizzled cops etc now a teenage Indian girl? I applaud looking to do something different but this doesn't seem plausible at all. Are we really saying a young girl, whose unlikely to even be allowed to go out hunting with her male peers, will be a believable adversary for the galaxies most formidable hunter?

I could see a story of a female clashing with male dominance and the prevailing culture in that world but I wonder why you'd shoehorn a Predator into that story? Not that the lead shouldn't be female, as an Alien fan like everyone here I've never cared that Ripley was a woman.

I'm obviously just debating. It's what we are on here to do right. There's clearly much more to come out and we only have a snippet of information to go on right now.

Hunter-Killer

Hunter-Killer

@morse

Well met, I don't mind a good debate. I can't wait for the first trailer

SuperiorIronman

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: Morse on Feb 10, 2021, 06:26:28 PM
Female empowerment and smashing down barriers, but with Predators?

::)

Commandos used to take down Predators. Now it's teenage girls.

Ach, I wish the movie well as always but I've a baaadddd feeling about this.

:laugh:

Didn't Dutch's team die horribly with Dutch gaining massive PTSD and radiation poisoning? The whole squad is also dead by The Predator's end and it's probably fair to say they're not commandos.

overthere

overthere

This premise can be saved if this is the movie in which Predator doesn't die at the end.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed