User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: [Exclusive] The Predator Is Coming To Calgary! Predator 5/Skulls Slated To Begin  (Read 28520 times)

Kradan
May 07, 2021, 04:00:35 PM
Reply #542 on: May 07, 2021, 04:00:35 PM
And I'm betting Jen Roomes is working on "Skulls", who's an up & coming Special FX, Make-Up, Costume Designer.

She says she's working her dream job right now at StudioADI during the week as well as Steve Wang's Onyx Forge Studio on weekends.

Is she aware that thing has bad tendencies to impregnate women ?

Steve Wang ? Now this is interesting ! God I hope his role is important in this one...

Yes!!!! Give Steve Wang & Onyx the entire Predator and let ADI do the weapons, the armor, Comanche stunt weapons, etc. etc.

That's ... cheating

« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 04:03:57 PM by Kradan »

Kradan
May 07, 2021, 04:07:57 PM
Reply #544 on: May 07, 2021, 04:07:57 PM
 :D

Voodoo Magic
May 07, 2021, 06:08:27 PM
Reply #546 on: May 07, 2021, 06:08:27 PM
Steve Wang ? Now this is interesting ! God I hope his role is important in this one...

Yes!!!! Give Steve Wang & Onyx the entire Predator and let ADI do the weapons, the armor, Comanche stunt weapons, etc. etc.

That's ... cheating

It happens. If you remember, Studio ADI didn't handle The Fugitive's Armor or Bio-Mask, just the Predator itself.

"Boot making" makes me think...

Oh oh... So they would do the comanche outfits/weapons etc ? Is it possible they also do some of the pred stuff ?

I think its absolutely possible. Perhaps even probable. From my perspective, you don't bring the great Steve Wang on a Predator film just to do native American outfits I'd wager (if that's what this is). But if Onyx is indeed sculpting & creating a Predator, Steve Wang is a veteran artist and monster maker - I would assume he is probably doing that himself and/or with a team in mind he already knows. He wouldn't advertise that kind of work on Instagram I bet.

Provided this speculation is correct, we just have to see how all this work is partitioned, who's doing the Predator(s), and if so, how much of that Predator work is Wang & Onyx actually doing. Just a maquette? The whole actual suit? We'll see!

At least there's hope though! :)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 06:11:11 PM by Voodoo Magic »

Proteus
May 07, 2021, 06:42:35 PM
Reply #547 on: May 07, 2021, 06:42:35 PM

That's ... cheating

It happens. If you remember, Studio ADI didn't handle The Fugitive's Armor or Bio-Mask, just the Predator itself.

"Boot making" makes me think...

Oh oh... So they would do the comanche outfits/weapons etc ? Is it possible they also do some of the pred stuff ?

I think its absolutely possible. Perhaps even probable. From my perspective, you don't bring the great Steve Wang on a Predator film just to do native American outfits I'd wager (if that's what this is). But if Onyx is indeed sculpting & creating a Predator, Steve Wang is a veteran artist and monster maker - I would assume he is probably doing that himself and/or with a team in mind he already knows. He wouldn't advertise that kind of work on Instagram I bet.

Provided this speculation is correct, we just have to see how all this work is partitioned, who's doing the Predator(s), and if so, how much of that Predator work is Wang & Onyx actually doing. Just a maquette? The whole actual suit? We'll see!

At least there's hope though! :)

I like how all of this is picking up, but man, I hope this doesn’t come crashing down May 27th. 😕

SiL
May 07, 2021, 08:18:06 PM
Reply #550 on: May 07, 2021, 08:18:06 PM
I mean the last time he worked on the franchise he was forced to give an Alien bright yellow pecs, let's not get too excited just yet.

Trash Queen
May 07, 2021, 08:22:24 PM
Reply #551 on: May 07, 2021, 08:22:24 PM
Personally I do not blame him solely for that atrocity.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 08:28:48 PM by Trash Queen »

SiL
May 07, 2021, 08:50:00 PM
Reply #552 on: May 07, 2021, 08:50:00 PM
I specifically said he was forced to. It wasn't part of his original sculpt and I even remember him complaining about the changes.

Trash Queen
May 07, 2021, 08:54:04 PM
Reply #553 on: May 07, 2021, 08:54:04 PM
Oh I know but I also think it's a mess in general in other areas even before the mandated changes.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed