User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Aliens V. Predator Ultimate Prey - AvP Anthology  (Read 4311 times)

Mr.Turok
Jan 30, 2021, 03:29:57 AM
Reply #75 on: Jan 30, 2021, 03:29:57 AM
Woh! That’s a strong recommendation, I will give it a sniff. Thanks Kradan

Seriously, there was just so much interesting sci-fi stuff and exotic places characters visited. I loved that trilogy. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did  ;)

This, and Alien: Phalanx is also a must for me now. I can't believe I missed this story somehow, battle harden knights taking on "demons", has that Doom Eternal vib with the Night Sentinels fighting the demons from hell with Doomguy at the front of the action.

I do have a question though; Is Ataegina an alternate Earth or descendants of a forgotten colony of a long lost human expedition?
_____________________________ ______________________-

Doing more research now, I see that the Palatine caste has returned to Phalanx which is awesome! Now it made me yearn for a Queen Mother to return to modern day media one day. The Queen Mother itself is an eldritch horror, perhaps the most truest sense of the word in the Alien mythos. I mean its so rare, a mythical being that can instill fear and horror into minds, driving them mad with nightmares of how they will meet a gruesome end. Its almost like a living Marker from Dead Space, which makes it all the more fascinating, this caste should also be explored more.

Other than that, I can't wait for this anthology, this is amazing! More AVP content, finally!!!!!

Nightmare Asylum
Jan 30, 2021, 04:09:33 AM
Reply #76 on: Jan 30, 2021, 04:09:33 AM
I do have a question though; Is Ataegina an alternate Earth or descendants of a forgotten colony of a long lost human expedition?

To answer that is actually a pretty significant spoiler for the book itself, so I would recommend going in not knowing the answer to this question, but if you absolutely want to know before you start reading -

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mr.Turok
Jan 30, 2021, 06:31:56 AM
Reply #77 on: Jan 30, 2021, 06:31:56 AM

To answer that is actually a pretty significant spoiler for the book itself, so I would recommend going in not knowing the answer to this question, but if you absolutely want to know before you start reading -

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ohhhh thanks mate! I'm a try to resist the spoiler until my book arrives, wish me luck!  :laugh:

Kradan
Jan 30, 2021, 06:40:35 AM
Reply #78 on: Jan 30, 2021, 06:40:35 AM
Good luck, It worth waiting

PraetorianX101
Jan 30, 2021, 07:45:21 PM
Reply #79 on: Jan 30, 2021, 07:45:21 PM
Woh! That’s a strong recommendation, I will give it a sniff. Thanks Kradan

Seriously, there was just so much interesting sci-fi stuff and exotic places characters visited. I loved that trilogy. Hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did  ;)

This, and Alien: Phalanx is also a must for me now. I can't believe I missed this story somehow, battle harden knights taking on "demons", has that Doom Eternal vib with the Night Sentinels fighting the demons from hell with Doomguy at the front of the action.

_____________________________ ______________________-

Doing more research now, I see that the Palatine caste has returned to Phalanx which is awesome! Now it made me yearn for a Queen Mother to return to modern day media one day. The Queen Mother itself is an eldritch horror, perhaps the most truest sense of the word in the Alien mythos. I mean its so rare, a mythical being that can instill fear and horror into minds, driving them mad with nightmares of how they will meet a gruesome end. Its almost like a living Marker from Dead Space, which makes it all the more fascinating, this caste should also be explored more.

Other than that, I can't wait for this anthology, this is amazing! More AVP content, finally!!!!!
Having read Phalanx myself, I was under the impression that the "Royal Guards" that appeared in the novel were Praetorians, not Palatines. ??? Or at least the way they were described made them appear to be most similar to Praetorians.

Kradan
Jan 30, 2021, 07:48:19 PM
Reply #80 on: Jan 30, 2021, 07:48:19 PM
Aren't they essentially the same ?

Mr.Turok
Jan 30, 2021, 08:01:06 PM
Reply #82 on: Jan 30, 2021, 08:01:06 PM
They have them tusks, strong enough to tear apart heavy machinery and heavily armored vehicles, and apparently just as large as a regular Queen.

Queen Mothers and Palatines should make a comeback, maybe it can help with more storytelling ideas for future Alien and AVP content. 

Kradan
Jan 30, 2021, 08:12:55 PM
Reply #83 on: Jan 30, 2021, 08:12:55 PM
I mean, yeah, there're definetly design differences - but in terms of their purpose - protecting a Queen - aren't they the same ? There's Aliens: Rogue comic and there they are called Praetorians but they look like Palatines from Female War - with tusks and all

« Last Edit: Jan 30, 2021, 08:15:12 PM by Kradan »

Mr.Turok
Feb 01, 2021, 03:47:35 AM
Reply #85 on: Feb 01, 2021, 03:47:35 AM
And if Aliens killed off 90% of the human population and control on the planet, I'm surprised that it didn't evolve into a Queen Mother in the first place. Usually they come about when they have near to complete control of a world. Then again, both Queen Mother and Palatines haven't been relevant on transmedia since the 90s.....damm  :'(

SM
Feb 01, 2021, 04:11:04 AM
Reply #86 on: Feb 01, 2021, 04:11:04 AM
Thankfully.

Local Trouble
Feb 01, 2021, 06:13:24 AM
Reply #87 on: Feb 01, 2021, 06:13:24 AM
Would you say that your opinion has always been influenced by the fact that your first impression of them was tainted by Sam Kieth's art?

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed