Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 212,056 times)

Ingwar

Quote from: skhellter on Dec 30, 2020, 12:49:03 AM
Noah Hawley's debut feature has an impressive 21% RT score...
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lucy_in_the_sky

huhh... is this really the guy we want handling Alien? :|

Debut is a key word. You should watch Fargo series. It's brilliant.

Master

Quote from: David Weyland on Dec 30, 2020, 05:50:34 PM
If the derelict hadn't been destroyed, I don't think WY would have been in such a hurry to get hold of Ripley on Fiorina 161 or Bishop(The human version) wouldn't have been so frantically distraught when Ripley decided to fall to her death.
It would be like oh well, at least we have the derelict

Well, not exactly. It's easier to get to Ripley on Fiorina, especially with info from Sulaco and Andrews. There was high possibility  that Alien is there and still alive.

Lv-426 on the other hand is fresh after big ass thermonuclear explosion.  Searching for Derelict in such conditions is surely the B scenario.

David Weyland

David Weyland

Michael Bishop Weyland is just a drama queen then oh well  :laugh:

Necronomicon II

Don't think Noah is being too serious with regards to Kubrick lmao, *chuckles* Kubrick is baby's first arthouse director anyway 🤣

SiL

I cringed so hard reading that I may have permanently damaged an eye.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: David Weyland on Dec 30, 2020, 05:50:34 PM
If the derelict hadn't been destroyed, I don't think WY would have been in such a hurry to get hold of Ripley on Fiorina 161 or Bishop(The human version) wouldn't have been so frantically distraught when Ripley decided to fall to her death.
It would be like oh well, at least we have the derelict

If we're talking directly after Aliens, I imagine the fallout and radiation would have likely gotten in the way of any sensors or probes. Or, I'd explain it away that way. So I've no problem with that myself.

There Are A Lot Of Reasons To Get Excited About FX's Alien Series

Little editorial from GameRant.

TC

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 30, 2020, 07:07:57 PM
I mean, I would just love to see hangar that big it would be able to cover Derelict  :D. And I still refuse to believe it's smaller than freaking Nostromo

In that painting, there's something weird about the scale of the derelict and the tiny figures in front of it, and the scale of the hangar surrounding them.

TC

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: TC on Jan 01, 2021, 02:59:59 AM
Quote from: Kradan on Dec 30, 2020, 07:07:57 PM
I mean, I would just love to see hangar that big it would be able to cover Derelict  :D. And I still refuse to believe it's smaller than freaking Nostromo

In that painting, there's something weird about the scale of the derelict and the tiny figures in front of it, and the scale of the hangar surrounding them.

TC

True.  But the idea is still awesome.

skhellter

skhellter

the "hangar" was probably just another level on the massive WY space station or tower that the story was supposed to take place on.

Garden level had a similar ceiling:

probable view from outside:

Whole thing reminds me of Gibson's script..

Necronomicon II

Looks like a Halo level lol

skhellter

(cof kinda generic, ngl)

Immortan Jonesy

☝ Expensive & Super Epic Generic Sci-Fi 🧐☕🍪

SpreadEagleBeagle

Yeah, looks cool....in the most generic way possible.  Hard pass.

Immortan Jonesy

Big budget generic designs can look stunning, and if you get minimalist even classy. But sometimes everything looks so new and clean.

Nightmare Asylum

Just give everyone some little Moebius hats, and the rest of the aesthetic will fall into place.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed