Marvel's First Alien Series Announced!

Started by Kailem, Dec 07, 2020, 07:22:32 PM

Author
Marvel's First Alien Series Announced! (Read 279,042 times)

EJA

EJA

There have long been different varieties of Aliens. I don't think it's much of an issue.

SM

SM

If there's some context for this - all good.

It's not exactly exciting me thus far though.

Nukiemorph

I'm sure there will be context.

At the risk of getting verbally lynched, I'll say that I'm digging the centipede legs...

judge death

That the xenomorph adults take traits from the hosts isnt new but the facehuggers and eggs and the royal lines dont, so seeing facehuggers like this goes against everything I´ve seen in the past so they better have a very good explanation unless they wanna break the lore.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It's creepy in concept though it also looks like more of a hindrance than a help, I'm unsure with regards to the new type, on one hand if it's done with talent I can appreciate it but judging by the rest of the art does not fill me with hope.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: EJA on Jan 12, 2021, 09:47:52 PM
There have long been different varieties of Aliens. I don't think it's much of an issue.

It isn't. Although the hooves are slightly comical imo.

Kradan

If we're going by Alien 3 AC - does Runner have any hooves ?  I doubt it

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

It does, only partially hidden underneath the hands, and feet.

Kradan

Hmm, I guess it does. Dammit, that's a bad precedence

Nukiemorph

Nukiemorph

To be fair, the facehugger that lead to that alien was born of a queen that burst from a human Hadley's Hope colonist.

Maybe it would have hooves/paws if that human DNA wasn't part of the equation... or even if the human DNA was further back in the lineage.

SM

SM

It has toes in Alien 3 - not hooves.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Truthfully it's got both, if you look at the underside of the rod puppet, it's got hooves covered by something resembling phalanges.

If you zoom in on the picture above, it is surprisingly obvious, I'm also sure other examples exist.

Such as on the various renditions.

You can see them clearly here.

Spoiler

It's also startlingly clear to me that the AVP  Requiem head shape's based on this here. That the AVP head's in part based upon.
[close]

So it does have hooves but the immutable Alien form overrides that and grows fingers/toes ontop of them anyway, the truth being in the films, the DNA reflex's just not as dramatic as lots believe.

No ridiculous bull horns for example.

SiL

SiL

It has toes shaped into hooves. The Alien in the comic just has hooves.

AvPR's head shape was just taking off the dome of the AvP Aliens. It's how ADI did the skull since Alien3.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

*Over hooves.

But yes generally speaking.

It's particularly obvious in the bluescreen photo above.

SiL

SiL

I don't think those are hooves, I think those are part of the puppet.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed