New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 117,468 times)

Voodoo Magic

I hope we hear some casting news soon.

Wysps

I see the canon wars have made their way into this thread.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but my understanding is that they're still in the script phase? Would they move on to casting before that's been completed, or are they really that far along into the project?

If we're setting Predator movies in the past, it would be interesting to see them work their way up to the flintlock pistol.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Wysps on Dec 15, 2020, 04:19:19 PM
I see the canon wars have made their way into this thread.

I haven't listened to the podcast yet, but my understanding is that they're still in the script phase? Would they move on to casting before that's been completed, or are they really that far along into the project?

While Trachtenberg has been developing this film since 2016, Patrick Aison was hired to write the script in 2019:

https://discussingfilm.net/2019/12/11/dan-trachtenberg-set-to-direct-skulls-for-fox-disney-exclusive/

So it wouldn't be out of the ordinary to start hearing casting news early 2021 I think.  :)

QuoteIf we're setting Predator movies in the past, it would be interesting to see them work their way up to the flintlock pistol.

I so would love this!!

MudButt

I imagine they'll announce the lead(s) in the next few months. Really hoping for some great talent.

The Predator had a fun cast but they were more or less wasted..  hoping they pull some really good talent.

Hollywood

Quote from: MudButt on Dec 15, 2020, 05:00:11 PM
The Predator had a fun cast but they were more or less wasted..  hoping they pull some really good talent.

Totally agree. Not only was the cast sort of wasted but so was the interesting setup of having a group of soldiers who were unstable in one way or another face off against the Predator.

I'm really hoping this new script introduces cool characters we can get to know.

MudButt

Yes. With the rumored Civil War setting you can really have some great development and banter between characters. Especially if they include a mix of American and Native American characters. You can have fun with enemies having to work together to survive.

Sol

Sol

The Predator's cast was excellent. The film has a gang of issues, but its cast was not one of them.

Local Trouble

Quote from: MudButt on Dec 15, 2020, 05:00:11 PM
I imagine they'll announce the lead(s) in the next few months. Really hoping for some great talent.

What if they put Jeremy Renner in it?

Master

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 15, 2020, 01:21:30 AM
Quote from: Master on Dec 14, 2020, 11:16:52 PM
Sorry to break your parade guys but who'll remember what happened in some game in 10 years?

Doesn't change the fact that its canon. Not to mention what a great way to trash the media form of videogames. I can tell ya that there are some great games out there that is higher than some trash films we have currently.

Quote from: Master on Dec 14, 2020, 11:16:52 PM
Unless any of it is acknowledged in one of new films, it's  just flavor material in game tie-in of  movie franchise and will always remain as such.

Flawed logic. If the worth of lore and story is only worth it in film form, than most of the Predator series would be largely underappreciated.

Normies and regular movie goers won't know what is going on with Predator, or even have a strong gravitation to Predator seeing how Star Wars and Marvel movies have the strong attention of general audiences. Only us fans will truly know what's going on within the universe. How many people do you think even realize or even care about how The Predator affect the lore other than being just a terrible movie to follow?

Older generations will appreciate the films for what it is as it was released during their time but from that group its also general audiences that can look back at the first Predator only as a great film, with a great handful of hardcore older fans actually be in touch in the film and it's universe. Many dismiss The Predator, many don't remember what is the plot of Predators, Predator 2 is contestant but now generally aged well with many fans, its only Predator where I can bring this up to any other person in say the workplace and their general response is either they seen it once or twice, know family or friend that seen it before and told them about it, remember seeing it back when they were a teenager, or have the recent Blu-ray copy on the shelf.

Why do you think many of us were delighted in seeing this new Predator film to come out so soon? We thought it was over, forgotten over other better films until the next 10 years after the disaster of the last one. Thats why many of us are hopeful this new movie will succeed and have some strong form of presence in the minds of the general media. I do want this film to succeed and see many people enjoy these series as much as I do.

I'm not diminishing games nor do I intend to.  Instead of arguing who's right I'll give an example.

There was once a super popular SW game series called Dark Forces and it's mane character Kyle Katarn was one of the most important characters out of the movie spectrum. It was so popular it had impact on whole universe and books were written that gave it's characters further life. But the Disney came and all of the sudden whole set up  and it's characters are no longer canon. I see bits of it recycled and
implemented in other new SW media, but as much as it personally hurts me none of it matters anymore.

BigDaddyJohn

Including not only native actors would probably attract more people to see it, so it's probably a safer bet. I would totally dig an all native cast, but that seems unlikely.

Voodoo Magic

I don't necessarily agree with this, at least here currently in the United States thankfully, especially when it's a period piece and a monster is your star.

HuDaFuK

Dances with Predator

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 16, 2020, 01:38:51 PMI don't necessarily agree with this, at least here currently in the United States thankfully.

I feel like you're giving far too much credit to American audiences.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 16, 2020, 01:39:17 PM
Dances with Predator

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 16, 2020, 01:38:51 PMI don't necessarily agree with this, at least here currently in the United States thankfully.

I feel like you're giving far too much credit to American audiences.

When we're talking film and television, being the age that I am, raised on watching the Cosby Show in the 1980s with an entire African American cast which was the #1 Television Show in all of America for 5 consecutive years, to where we are now, overall, I've seen the progress and success that somehow now in the past few years, some want to present that American Audiences have gone somehow backwards in the past 5-10 years, and thankfully, I personally 100% unequivocally and happily feel that with this is not the case with the vast, vast majority. If it looks good, they will watch it.  I think the current problem is film studios playcating to what they feel other international markets will feel about casting, like China.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 14, 2020, 04:33:32 PM
In early 2021, I really need to remember to convert the Keyes recordings, the Dutch tapes and hopefully the Isabelle recordings, all into separate mp3 files where fans can download and play them like podcasts or audiobooks as often as they want.

That would be very, VERY nice of you

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 16, 2020, 01:38:51 PM
I don't necessarily agree with this, at least here currently in the United States thankfully, especially when it's a period piece and a monster is your star.

I 100% agree that a huge selling point will be the creature itself. But regarding humans, I was referring to the fact that there aren't many recognizable stars among native actors, unfortunately.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed