New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 116,673 times)

Mr.Turok

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 12, 2020, 10:23:00 PM
Not buying it, sorry.

Ok, I'll address this one more time, this was a huge exaggeration/hyperbole, I simply wanted to address my point of seeing more better fights with Predators. I honestly don't know how long they live, only that they are biologically long lived, seeing how Dutch had stopped aging and how City Hunter is around 200-300 years old and considered a teen. Hell, no other expanded media even mentions the limit of their lifespan. I just expect more display of skill from a warrior-hunter that has tons of hunting experience after centuries of combat. If I knew that somehow this would trigger people, I would have edit this long ago.....

If you really want to know my thoughts on it, I can see one live to around in the ten thousands. Alien biology man, I don't know, its up for debate but again, wasn't even thinking about going in a tangent here. But going back to the movie......

One thing I do hope I get to see is in this movie, is another unique Predator. I see in expanded media and even in movies that Predator designs try to get back to Jungle Hunter's design. Crucified is one, the Isolated Clan from AVP has some of that, the regular classes of Hunting Grounds nods at the old design. I know its iconic but I still want more unique appearances like how City Hunter is. I don't want them too uniform.

SiL

Where are you getting that City Hunter is 200-300 years old and a teen? ???

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: SiL on Dec 14, 2020, 01:17:45 AM
Where are you getting that City Hunter is 200-300 years old and a teen? ???

Predator Hunting Grounds, more specifically the OWLF Tapes. The specific tape is called, Agent Keyes-10 Technological Finds. It does confirm something interesting, like people mentioned before, various clans have their own ways of initiating  young bloods into their ranks. Isolated Tribe requires hunting xenomorphs and marking themselves with the blood of their kill while with the Lost Tribe, its something else entirely.

Give it a good listen if you haven't yet. Oh and if you don't know yet, yes this game is canon.

Master

As Canon as Colonial Marines  ::) Look I get it you like some flavour material from from the game and it's fine by me. I like AvP Arcade, but don't go around and say it's Canon. Movies are Canon  nothing else and you'll find guys debating it here all the time.

Xiggz456

Hunting Grounds is canon according to the license holders but if you don't subscribe that's fine no one is forcing you. But bringing Arnold back for Dutch makes it extremely likely that it will remain canon. Just like the one video game that brought Sigourney back (Isolation) is still considered canon.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

In early 2021, I really need to remember to convert the Keyes recordings, the Dutch tapes and hopefully the Isabelle recordings, all into separate mp3 files where fans can download and play them like podcasts or audiobooks as often as they want.

Mr.Turok

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Master on Dec 14, 2020, 07:02:42 AM
As Canon as Colonial Marines  ::) Look I get it you like some flavour material from from the game and it's fine by me. I like AvP Arcade, but don't go around and say it's Canon. Movies are Canon  nothing else and you'll find guys debating it here all the time.

Fox consider Hunting Grounds canon. Colonial Marines have been discredited by both fans and the big guys at Fox. Only the cool stuff like the plasma rifle and the new alien breeds is canon, as verified  by franchise consultant Andrew E Gaska from one of the interviews the fellas here did on the podcast: https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2020/09/30/barroom-canon-deep-lore-unpredictability-talking-alien-rpg-with-writer-franchise-consultant-andrew-gaska-avp-galaxy-podcast-116/

I go by the license holders and the folks at Fox, so if they said its canon, then it is. Glad they decided that Colonial Marines is a mistake and took the canon pass back lol.

SuperiorIronman

The only things that aren't canon would be the specific makeups for Fireteam and what Predator was around (if one showed at all) as well as who won what engagement. It's all decided by the players so until something concrete comes up we don't know who won the mission "fools gold" for example. Flavor text would also be canon but where the item or character appears is debatable. Dutch's rifle I believe he lost in the original film. It's usable in Hunting Grounds but Dutch canonically loses his rifle in 87. City Hunter is long dead, but because a Predator is present then City Hunter simply fills the role even if he's canonically worm food.

Lore tapes would be concrete lore. So Dutch is around in 2025 pulling a Hunter Borgia.

Master

Sorry to break your parade guys but who'll remember what happened in some game in 10 years? Unless any of it is acknowledged in one of new films, it's  just flavour material in game tie-in of  movie franchise and will always remain as such.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Master on Dec 14, 2020, 11:16:52 PM
Sorry to break your parade guys but who'll remember what happened in some game in 10 years? Unless any of it is acknowledged in one of new films, it's  just flavour material in game tie-in of  movie franchise and will always remain as such.

I agree man, games are fun, but games are games.

Sol

Only a small handful of us remembers what happened in movie 30 years ago.

Voodoo Magic

I think Predator Hunting Grounds' canonical lore will have a little more weight and shelf life than most video game fare, specifically when it comes to Dutch, because 1. the well written lore is voiced by the franchise's biggest star himself Arnold Schwarzenegger and 2. is lore also supported by Titan's novel Predator: Stalking Shadows.

Movies can overwrite the lore established in Predator Hunting Grounds and Alien Isolation anytime they want, it's canon until it isn't, but until they do, I say let's enjoy it. :)

Mr.Turok

Sorry to break your parade guys but who'll remember what happened in some game in 10 years?

Doesn't change the fact that its canon. Not to mention what a great way to trash the media form of videogames. I can tell ya that there are some great games out there that is higher than some trash films we have currently.

Unless any of it is acknowledged in one of new films, it's  just flavor material in game tie-in of  movie franchise and will always remain as such.

Flawed logic. If the worth of lore and story is only worth it in film form, than most of the Predator series would be largely underappreciated.

Normies and regular movie goers won't know what is going on with Predator, or even have a strong gravitation to Predator seeing how Star Wars and Marvel movies have the strong attention of general audiences. Only us fans will truly know what's going on within the universe. How many people do you think even realize or even care about how The Predator affect the lore other than being just a terrible movie to follow?

Older generations will appreciate the films for what it is as it was released during their time but from that group its also general audiences that can look back at the first Predator only as a great film, with a great handful of hardcore older fans actually be in touch in the film and it's universe. Many dismiss The Predator, many don't remember what is the plot of Predators, Predator 2 is contestant but now generally aged well with many fans, its only Predator where I can bring this up to any other person in say the workplace and their general response is either they seen it once or twice, know family or friend that seen it before and told them about it, remember seeing it back when they were a teenager, or have the recent Blu-ray copy on the shelf.

Why do you think many of us were delighted in seeing this new Predator film to come out so soon? We thought it was over, forgotten over other better films until the next 10 years after the disaster of the last one. Thats why many of us are hopeful this new movie will succeed and have some strong form of presence in the minds of the general media. I do want this film to succeed and see many people enjoy these series as much as I do.

Xiggz456

Plenty of us seem to remember the first Predator comic series that came out 30 years ago (you know the one that influenced Predator 2)  so I find it likely that we'll also remember Arnold Schwarzenegger reprising his role as Dutch in Hunting Grounds in 10 years.

MudButt

First post in awhile but dang I am excited for this. Loved 10 Cloverfield Lane and love the idea for the setting of this movie. Here's hoping we get something really special!  ;D

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed