New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 116,675 times)

426Buddy

426Buddy

Quote from: Sol on Dec 12, 2020, 12:23:16 PM
Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 12, 2020, 04:52:04 AM

I think it doesn't need to be 100% identical. You can tell its super close to the original design and yet like us humans, it has its own unique facial shapes. Other than the excess skin on the mandibles, which I noticed every single Predator design always has for some reason, its fine.

I agree that it doesn't have to be identical. But Crucified was supposed to be identical. And the excess skin issue is only an issue post Predator 2, and should not be the norm. Only the ADI and KNB Preds have it. Even merchandise of the very same characters aims to correct this issue.

Agreed

They can certainly make predators look different, they did that perfectly in P2. Everything post that film just looks somewhat fake not different.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 12, 2020, 12:59:20 PM
Quote from: Sol on Dec 12, 2020, 12:23:16 PM

I think it doesn't need to be 100% identical. You can tell its super close to the original design and yet like us humans, it has its own unique facial shapes. Other than the excess skin on the mandibles, which I noticed every single Predator design always has for some reason, its fine.

I agree that it doesn't have to be identical. But Crucified was supposed to be identical. And the excess skin issue is only an issue post Predator 2, and should not be the norm. Only the ADI and KNB Preds have it. Even merchandise of the very same characters aims to correct this issue.

Agreed

They can certainly make predators look different, they did that perfectly in P2. Everything post that film just looks somewhat fake not different.

Honestly, P2's city hunter was a little behind jungle hunter in terms of animatronics. A little overanimated I'd say, with more close up shots that didn't help getting unnoticed.  But he was very good nonetheless, and indeed different enough to feel like another individual from the same species.

426Buddy

I can agree on that, plus a couple shots of the animatronic eyes looked bad too. However it's good enough to where it isn't an issue for me. Everything since has bothered me to at least some degree though.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 12, 2020, 02:18:09 PM
I can agree on that, plus a couple shots of the animatronic eyes looked bad too. However it's good enough to where it isn't an issue for me. Everything since has bothered me to at least some degree though.

I dig that, P2's animatronics never got me out of the movie. The movies that followed though...

Sol

Sol

I want individuals with different aesthetics in my Pred films. These all look good, for instance;

It just seems to be a problem with on-screen costume work (post Stand Winston) which end up giving them all crinkle mouth syndrome. If they fix that, I'm good. I want unique crest and head shapes, and colors. Different sized and positioned mandibles is fine, too. More teeth, less teeth. Give me it all. Just don't have crinkle mouth.

BigDaddyJohn

Agreed, tired of them looking like they were punched in the jaw by prime mike tyson.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Dec 12, 2020, 11:05:43 AM
They're hunter-warriors that can live for hundreds of thousands of years

Excuse me, what the f**k?

I'm trying to say that they're immortal biologically wise. Very long lived until they are killed by something, didn't think I had to explain that. Unless there something that I missed on their lifespan. For now, I'm just talking about showing more fighting prowess on Predator action on screen ok.

Master

Let's stick to the films, shell we? P2 Elder looks senile and is at best few hundred years old. It's very long life span and it's cool. Biological immortal?  Please...

426Buddy

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 12, 2020, 06:20:48 PM

I'm trying to say that they're immortal biologically wise. Very long lived until they are killed by something, didn't think I had to explain that. Unless there something that I missed on their lifespan. For now, I'm just talking about showing more fighting prowess on Predator action on screen ok.

Yeah not everyone buys into the crazy EU pred stuff

BigDaddyJohn

There are some interesting stuff in the EU, but for the movies I'm all for sticking with what we saw in previous movies then.

Sol

With Marvel now helming future EU material (at least with regards to comics and graphic novels), we will get a more structured EU moving forward. I'm looking forward to it.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Dec 12, 2020, 06:20:48 PM

Not buying it, sorry.

BigDaddyJohn

We can say, from what we saw in the movies, that they seem to be able to live for at least two hundred and some years. Hundred of thousand seems like a stretch though.

[cancerblack]

Yeah, a lifespan of a few hundred years is in evidence, and not completely unreasonable. "They live until something kills them" feels like asking a lot from a creature so similar to complex earth life in all other regards.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 11, 2020, 01:42:32 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Dec 11, 2020, 06:00:08 AM
Well, I guess I have lower standarts, because I don't find any of these terrible

No brother. No one said that!  Ultimately, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You don't think I have lower standards because I like a certain loathed movie, do you?

Do you??

;);D

I like The Predator

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 12, 2020, 04:01:59 PM
And then when someone asks "Who here loves The Predator 2018?", then it's your turn!

:'(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed