New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 118,040 times)

Sol

It's interesting how everyone who made Scar Predator merchandise has been doing their best try and improve upon his design. The original work on screen is atrocious.

Kradan

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 10, 2020, 09:00:47 PM
Quote from: Kradan on Dec 10, 2020, 07:57:07 PM
After listening to the last podcast I agree that you're very good at picking the most terrible shots

The pic above was supposed to be a humorous reaction meme to your comment.  :)

And in regards to "picking the most terrible shots", often I'm using screenshots or gifs direct from the film. There is no act of malice here trying to catch them in a quick bad angle so I can disguise well crafted Predators as, in my opinion, disappointingly designed Predators. Thats why I gently pushed back on that in the podcast with RidgeTop.

https://hips.hearstapps.com/digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/26/1530019086-the-predator-trailer-2-reveal.gif

https://i.gifer.com/9ufG.gif

If these are picking deliberately terrible shots, I'm not certain what am I supposed to use to describe my personal issues with them. :)

Well, I guess I have lower standarts, because I don't find any of these terrible

Master

Master

Flopy skin and subpair mandible placement and movement is very noticable. Especially when it comes to Scar. Fugitive I dig. Nowhere near first two but quite good nonetheless, on pair with KNB I'd say .

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Dec 11, 2020, 06:00:08 AM
Well, I guess I have lower standarts, because I don't find any of these terrible
You are allowed to like what you like, screw the haters.

Corporal Hicks

https://hips.hearstapps.com/digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/18/26/1530019086-the-predator-trailer-2-reveal.gif

If these are picking deliberately terrible shots, I'm not certain what am I supposed to use to describe my personal issues with them. :)

As someone who has complained about Scar plenty of times, aside from that skin flap, I'm actually finding he looks good here. Sure, he doesn't have the X for the resting here, but that's all subjective. I mean, since it's been pointed out to me, I do miss the X too, but not enough to really go off on these. The skin flaps are the only aspects of these designs that I really dislike.

Same for Fugitive. That damn flap. A  bit of unalignment with the positioning of the mandibles (humans don't really have perfect symmetry in their faces though so...) and missing that X...but otherwise, I like it. Proper moisture to the skin (I'd always remembered AvP's Predator not really having that moist looking skin, but might just be the set photography that I always remember) and for me, that's what matters most in the look of them. It seems silly, but it's just what I want. Skin that looks real, and they do there.

That said, I wholly prefer the Predators with masks on, not off.

I'm not going to complain if someone different gets a shot though. I'm not going to complain if KNB or ADI get another shot. Personally, I'd quite like to see whichever company Steve Wang works for take it on again. If I'm remembering right, he was really the one who actually made the OG Predator what it was, under Stan's guidance of course, but mostly Steve?

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 11, 2020, 11:29:40 AM

As someone who has complained about Scar plenty of times, aside from that skin flap, I'm actually finding he looks good here. Sure, he doesn't have the X for the resting here, but that's all subjective. I mean, since it's been pointed out to me, I do miss the X too, but not enough to really go off on these. The skin flaps are the only aspects of these designs that I really dislike.

Same for Fugitive. That damn flap. A  bit of unalignment with the positioning of the mandibles (humans don't really have perfect symmetry in their faces though so...) and missing that X...but otherwise, I like it. Proper moisture to the skin (I'd always remembered AvP's Predator not really having that moist looking skin, but might just be the set photography that I always remember) and for me, that's what matters most in the look of them. It seems silly, but it's just what I want. Skin that looks real, and they do there.

I'm not going to complain if someone different gets a shot though. I'm not going to complain if KNB or ADI get another shot. Personally, I'd quite like to see whichever company Steve Wang works for take it on again. If I'm remembering right, he was really the one who actually made the OG Predator what it was, under Stan's guidance of course, but mostly Steve?

In regards to proportion in relation from head to body, Scar was fine and ADI did a good job keeping it proportioned. But somewhere in The Predator their heads became inflated. Not just The Fugitive but the cut Emissary Predators too, resulting in a no-neck bobble-headed appearance. So weird. I do know a lot of that was accentuated by that low-hanging broken jaw.

Interesting perspective in regards to the moisture on the skin!

Quote from: 426Buddy on Dec 10, 2020, 09:54:23 PM
I honestly can't understand the defense of these effects. Fugitive was the best of the ADI predators and he's still a million miles from the quality of City and Jungle Hunter.

No offense to ADI but they just can't get the predators right.

I actually enjoy AvP but when Scars mask comes off its just so very cringeworthy.

I never got it too but hey, it's all subjective and I respect anyone's likes or dislikes. But I think? anyone I've corresponded with who likes the ADI heads has never said it rivals Stan's Predators. Not a one. So at least there's comfort in that.  ;D

No brother. No one said that!  Ultimately, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You don't think I have lower standards because I like a certain loathed movie, do you?

Do you??

;);D

Quote from: SiL on Dec 11, 2020, 08:39:06 AM
You are allowed to like what you like, screw the haters.

I agree with your first part, just not the grouping opinions second part into labels of haters or lovers and telling them to go screw. Twitter loves that though!   :laugh:

Sol

We should all feel safe to express our opinions and views on the franchise without attacks on one another's person, especially here. It's ok to want changes. And it's also ok to be fine with the way everything is now.

Either way, we all should be celebrating the announcement of a new project. Disney clearly sees massive potential for this franchise's future, with having Marvel work on new comic books, and Twentieth Century work on a new film project. At least for now, it's future is secured. This combined with the still supported Hunting Grounds game, that saw the return of Arnold Schwarzenegger as Dutch, this is a fantastic time to be a fan of the Predator franchise.

Master

Master

I love predator masks, but prefere unmasked face with closed mouth. Then they look like inteligent living, breathing creature, not some mindless monster. They can actually close mandibles in two different ways in X and T shape.
X:

T:

About the lack of moisture on Scar and AvP Elder I always explained it by freezing temperatures of night at Bovotoya.

Quote from: Sol on Dec 11, 2020, 03:13:27 PM

Either way, we all should be celebrating the announcement of a new project. Disney clearly sees massive potential for this franchise's future, with having Marvel work on new comic books, and Twentieth Century work on a new film project. At least for now, it's future is secured. This combined with the still supported Hunting Grounds game, that saw the return of Arnold Schwarzenegger as Dutch, this is a fantastic time to be a fan of the Predator franchise.

I totally agree with that.

It almost feels like in 2009 when both Predator sequel and Alien prequel was announced, truly great time to be alive in.

Voodoo Magic

We should all feel safe to express our opinions and views on the franchise without attacks on one another's person, especially here. It's ok to want changes. And it's also ok to be fine with the way everything is now.

Hear! Hear!

While I'm still feeling sad and disappointed that covid19 resulted in the cancellation of this bad boy... :'(

... it's still been a tremendous year for Predator!

Quote from: Master on Dec 11, 2020, 04:04:40 PM
I love predator masks, but prefere unmasked face with closed mouth. Then they look like inteligent living, breathing creature, not some mindless monster. They can actually close mandibles in two different ways in X and T shape.
X

Glorious....

Sol

That comic, and the last issues of Hunters III. At least we can finish the story with the TPB.

Wysps

X:

T:

About the lack of moisture on Scar and AvP Elder I always explained it by freezing temperatures of night at Bovotoya.

The mouth hanging agape does have a tendency to make them look empty upstairs.

This.  While the initial plot description is not grabbing my attention and the setting taking place in the past is not something I ever wanted in a Predator film, I'm happy that there is a future under Disney and that they are trying to bring another film to the table, in addition to the new printed material.  We are also in the very early stages of the movie, not much to go off of and still so much time for things to develop.

Master

Master

Quote from: Wysps on Dec 11, 2020, 05:18:24 PM

X:

T:

The mouth hanging agape does have a tendency to make them look empty upstairs.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??

SiL

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 11, 2020, 01:42:32 PM
I agree with your first part, just not the grouping opinions second part into labels of haters or lovers and telling them to go screw. Twitter loves that though!   :laugh:
I was being facetious.

Sol

Quote from: Master on Dec 11, 2020, 08:33:29 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/0/03/Crucified_Predator.png/revision/latest?cb=20160331083922

You can't direct link to images from fandom/wiki sites. You can use sites like Imgur however to host your images. It's free.

Master

Quote from: Sol on Dec 11, 2020, 09:30:20 PM
Quote from: Master on Dec 11, 2020, 08:33:29 PM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/avp/images/0/03/Crucified_Predator.png/revision/latest?cb=20160331083922

You can't direct link to images from fandom/wiki sites. You can use sites like Imgur however to host your images. It's free.
Something`s not working?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed