New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 114,850 times)

Immortan Jonesy

There is no chance of having Vikings?

Samhain13

Quote from: overthere on Nov 27, 2020, 12:13:00 AM
Calling it now, the Predator from this movie will turn out to be the Jungle Hunter from the original. The location is the same and Anna talks about this happening often enough that there's a legend about it. That's our guy.

Huh, then the predator would win in the end ? Dark ending? I dig that.

Jigsaw85

Disney=feminist agenda. Female protagonist wins.

SiL

Wouldn't have anything to do with the protagonist always winning in a Predator movie, noooo.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: overthere on Nov 27, 2020, 12:13:00 AM
Calling it now, the Predator from this movie will turn out to be the Jungle Hunter from the original. The location is the same and Anna talks about this happening often enough that there's a legend about it. That's our guy.

Is it the same location though? Predator was set in Central or South America (Guatemala in fact if you take Isabella's statement in Predators as canon).

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Nov 27, 2020, 03:11:38 AM
Literally every Predator movie: Disney=feminist agenda. Female protagonist wins.

Fixed that for ya! :)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Nov 27, 2020, 03:11:38 AM
Disney=feminist agenda. Female protagonist wins.

I foresee a lot more of these posts.

Jigsaw85

Don't take what I said the wrong way. I'm all for the female protagonist to win. I'm just saying it's Disney, expect a happy ending.

overthere

overthere

Quote from: Prez on Nov 27, 2020, 03:35:40 AM

Is it the same location though? Predator was set in Central or South America (Guatemala in fact if you take Isabella's statement in Predators as canon).

Where is this one set? Sounded to me like it's in the ballpark

Quote from: Jigsaw85 on Nov 27, 2020, 04:41:58 AM
Don't take what I said the wrong way. I'm all for the female protagonist to win. I'm just saying it's Disney, expect a happy ending.

It could be a win-win situation. Predator is impressed with the lead character and leaves respectfully or something. Like she trips and breaks her leg and Predator thinks its cheap to kill her then and says "I'll be back!" and winks with a smile.

SiL

Cos Predator movies are known for their downer endings  ... ? ???

Corporal Hicks

That's another comment that had me raising my eyebrows. As pointed out, none of the protagonists have ever been killed. It just comes across as anti-Disney for the sake of anti-Disney. Of the reasons to be annoyed at them, this isn't one of them, and feels like fabricated anger.  :-\

goose_3387

Any idea when we'll hear casting and production news?

Kradan

Quote from: SiL on Nov 27, 2020, 07:44:37 AM

Well, you have to start somewhere. And Predators kinda had bitter-sweet ending

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Kradan on Nov 27, 2020, 11:30:23 AM

Well, you have to start somewhere. And Predators kinda had bitter-sweet ending
This film having a positive ending with the protagonist surviving would not be an indication of Disney's SJW happy ending agenda though.

"Well it could have had a darker ending, but obviously Disney is the reason it didn't"

Jigsaw85

I didn't bring up the prospect of a downer ending. Samhein13 did, I was responding to him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed