New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 117,346 times)

Gr33n M4n

Apocalypto was a great movie. But this is going to be a Predator film and I have to agree with [cancerblack]. I don't think subtitles for a movie like this would be a good idea.

Voodoo Magic

Like Apocalypto, I think this film fully subtitled but heavy on the cinematography, short on the dialogue, show not tell, could be something spectacular! The thought gives me chills!

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 24, 2020, 09:12:54 PM
I do love that they are this race/gang/whatever of intergalactic assholes that go around from world to world killing things for sport, but I don't see anything "honorable" there.

I'd suspect there's a lot of acts of "honor" and "dishonor" in many cultures in this world that one may find unappetizing, so it's important to take oneself out of the equation. Meaning: Having an honor code, and having an honor code you personally agree with is not synonymous. :)

Gr33n M4n

"it's the Klingon way!" - Gowron

"I know, but it is not my way." - Worf

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

As a child (7 years old) I saw the Klingons as humanized Predators. Back then I had no idea of ​​any of these universes.  Still don't have idea, but at least now I know they are two separate species from two different universes / IPs  :laugh:

Ahsoka

Maybe they were planning to market it as an original film, and reveal the Predator connection only once it's released, when people watch it.

Gilfryd

Trachtenberg is a solid choice, hopefully it's a pleasant surprise like 10 Cloverfield Lane was. (And not a turd like The Cloverfield Paradox.)

Quote from: the guy on Nov 24, 2020, 07:19:39 PM
Predator and Predator 2 are the base. Drink from that fountain and forget about hybridism, super predators, giant predators, predator dogs and all that junk that came after. We just want another good Predator movie. Is it too much to ask?

+1

Highland

Quote from: Ahsoka on Nov 25, 2020, 12:54:11 AM
Maybe they were planning to market it as an original film, and reveal the Predator connection only once it's released, when people watch it.

Whatever way you spin the reveal , it would have been pointless. A reveal like that only works if your audience is hanging for a Predator movie, which lets face it, they aren't.

Don't think we need to turn Predator into some Art house movie either. Predators was completely fine and if it weren't for the dodgy mid section and slight wastage of characters it would still be one of the best Predator movies.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Highland on Nov 25, 2020, 01:08:46 AM

Whatever way you spin the reveal , it would have been pointless. A reveal like that only works if your audience is hanging for a Predator movie, which lets face it, they aren't.

Don't think we need to turn Predator into some Art house movie either. Predators was completely fine and if it weren't for the dodgy mid section and slight wastage of characters it would still be one of the best Predator movies.

I think it will be a Hitchcockesque movie, with a twist that will include real monsters, just not our beloved Predators. Regarding the so-called connection, I think it will be something like...

Highland

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Nov 25, 2020, 01:11:56 AM
Quote from: Highland on Nov 25, 2020, 01:08:46 AM

I think it will be a Hitchcockesque movie, with a twist that will include real monsters, just not our beloved Predators. Regarding the so-called connection, I think it will be something like...

I'd be game. Budget would be a concern. The plot leak sounds like it'll be more of a straight forward affair though.

Gr33n M4n

A Predator movie with the guy who owned the flintlock would be cool.

Hollywood

So...who would you all like to see star in this?

Not many name actors can pass as Comanche but there are some. There's also the possibility of casting actors to play United States settlers and members of the Spanish Army. So who do you want to see in this film?

Gr33n M4n

Quote from: Hollywood on Nov 25, 2020, 03:19:54 AM

Not many name actors can pass as Comanche but there are some. There's also the possibility of casting actors to play United States settlers and members of the Spanish Army. So who do you want to see in this film?

Adam Beach comes to mind.

skhellter

skhellter

Kinda don't want to see any wypipo in this.

Would be cool to have a story focused 100% on a first nations cast.

(but hey, if the Predator also wants to hunt some cowboys.. i won't complain..)

The stranger had a Big Plasmacaster at his shoulder..

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: skhellter on Nov 25, 2020, 03:35:01 AM
(but hey, if the Predator also wants to hunt some cowboys.. i won't complain..)

The stranger had a Big Plasmacaster at his shoulder..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzICMIu5zFY

ace3g

Quote from: Hollywood on Nov 25, 2020, 03:19:54 AM

I'm sure they will look at actors from Westworld and The Revenant.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed