New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director!

Started by Whos_Nick, Nov 20, 2020, 08:19:51 PM

Author
New PREDATOR Movie in the works from 10 Cloverfield Lane Director! (Read 114,793 times)

irn

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Nov 24, 2020, 03:09:23 AM
So is a series not allowed to explore or evolve into something more complex?
Additionally, who is to say that it is just personality traits?

I've said it many times before in other threads, but I always see the 'noble hunter' thing as more of a niche group within whatever the Predator civilization is. I've always been critical of it being the single defining feature of their entire existence, along with every single thing they make having the same visual aesthetic. It's a bit like an African animal thinking that every single human on Earth is a big game hunter because that's all they've seen of them.

Master

Master

I've said it many times before in other threads  ;) Predator works best when it`s genere film with Predator in it. Predator = 80`s action flick, with Predator in it. Predator 2 = 90`s buddy detective flick, with Predator in it. That`s what IMO makes first two films such successful. I`m no expert with Commanchie Indians and not sure what kind of movie this is supposed to be but I really do hope it`s something like The Last of the Mochicans or Dancing With Wolfes, with Predator in it.

Just look at this fan film. Sure it`s abit over the top, but that`s , in essence, Kurosawa style Samurai film with Predator in it.

https://fb.watch/1Z00v0voDu/

Galactus123

Galactus123

This could be really good. I hope the Native Americans don't speak english in the movie and there would be subtitles.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Galactus123 on Nov 24, 2020, 05:59:04 PM
This could really good. I hope the Native Americans don't speak english in the movie and there would be subtitles.

As much as I would absolutely love that, I doubt the studio or the general audience would go for it, unfortunately. :-\

irn

This could be really good. I hope the Native Americans don't speak english in the movie and there would be subtitles.

That would be great but I can't see the studio doing it.

the guy

Predator and Predator 2 are the base. Drink from that fountain and forget about hybridism, super predators, giant predators, predator dogs and all that junk that came after. We just want another good Predator movie. Is it too much to ask?

GoroPredator

I just hope that this time around they stick closer to the source material of the comics and give the Predator's 4 arms instead of the average 2.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 24, 2020, 06:18:16 PM
This could really good. I hope the Native Americans don't speak english in the movie and there would be subtitles.

As much as I would absolutely love that, I doubt the studio or the general audience would go for it, unfortunately. :-\

Idk about that, Apocalypto did pretty good. Plus, inject some native culture to the general audience anyway, people aren't that shallow to not take interest in something new. Especially native american culture, which is rare to see that in today's media.

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 24, 2020, 10:10:26 AM
Looking at the wider Predator existence's missing the point in my opinion, Predator at its best walks a fine line in understanding what it's doing enough to nearly grasp the fundamentals but not entirely, I think of the last thing King Willie says before he's decapitated or Anna's iconic monologue, memorable and mythical because of the actions taken, their appearance, and violence.

I suppose its finding the right balance in storytelling I suppose. I do love the appeal that we know about them through the stories and myths that they leave behind. At the same time, I am never against exploring more indepth look of Predator culture in other media like the S.D Perry novels. Or even showing new cultural traits like Predator 2 did. I just don't see the loss of appeal, its still an incredible, dangerous, and near mythical being.

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 24, 2020, 10:10:26 AMThen only leaving stories in their empty wake, the kind of thing that might be waiting for you down that old alley, wherever in the world.

One of the appeal is though that Predator isn't Freddy or Jason to the normal person. Its like Predator is to human military/warrior as Jason is to horny teenagers. Not even highly armed and skilled professional solders are safe from the horror genre when Predator comes into play. They would fall to Predator where they might triumph over Jason or Michael Myers.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Nov 24, 2020, 02:37:32 AM
When did everyone go anti lore all of a sudden?

Guess they are just The Predator fans....

Hey, no need for that kind of insult.

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Nov 24, 2020, 02:49:48 AM
I mean, what is the point of having a unique alien race if they are just wearing the "kill everything" hat. Why should a highly intelligent and cognitive race should not have some degree of interesting culture and lore that differentiate itself from other aliens and creatures in media?

Because while overt themes are fine, sometimes mystery and questions and myth are better than detailed lore. Especially when it's Steve Perry who gets the ball rolling on the expansion.

QuoteAgain, the kill everything mentality works on Aliens but we are talking about Predators here. You can't fit that mindset on those beings. They aren't a hivemind like the xenos are.

Literally nobody is saying that. It's not zero sum.

QuoteAlien fans should just leave Predator lore be.

Only if you guys can keep Predator out of future Alien stuff. Then we have a deal.

Spoiler
Don't take me seriously here. I'm pointing out how fruitless the division you're making is.
[close]

Gr33n M4n

Most people don't want to read subtitles for the entirety of a movie. I think having a few scenes with subtitles would be better.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Nov 24, 2020, 02:49:48 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 24, 2020, 02:43:47 AM
I'm a fan of the movies (mainly the first two, especially the second, and to some degree Predators) but I am not so much a fan of the "lore" and franchise surrounding them. Especially stuff like The Predator and the AVPs, what with all of these factions and ranks and whatnot.

Sci-fi horror in general is something that I absolutely love, though. And I love westerns as well, so if this new one can play into those elements and synthesize them into something that really delivers, then hardcore Predator fan or not, that sounds like a film that I can very much get into.

I mean, what is the point of having a unique alien race if they are just wearing the "kill everything" hat. Why should a highly intelligent and cognitive race should not have some degree of interesting culture and lore that differentiate itself from other aliens and creatures in media?

Again, the kill everything mentality works on Aliens but we are talking about Predators here. You can't fit that mindset on those beings. They aren't a hivemind like the xenos are.

Alien fans should just leave Predator lore be.

Hmm, given your response here, I think I may have explained my intent poorly. Let me rephrase.

What I like to see from Predator isn't a "kill everything" mentality, nor do I want to diminish the creatures' intelligence. They are clearly sentient creatures and should absolutely be treated as such.

The point I was trying to make in my earlier posts is more that I don't really care for the idea that the Predators (or "Yautja" if you will :-X ) have one universal code of honor among their entire race. I just don't see any evidence of that in those first two films, and I feel that that kind of generalization of their entire species lessens them immensely. I do love that they are this race/gang/whatever of intergalactic assholes that go around from world to world killing things for sport, but I don't see anything "honorable" there. I prefer the idea that each individual in the species handles their hunts the way that they individually choose to (or the way that their particular "clan" chooses to), rather there being some code of honor that they all follow to a T.

But like you said, I'm an Alien fan first and foremost, and maybe my read on the Predator films isn't quite up to snuff. I am, by definition, very much a "casual" fan of the Predator films, and that just happens to be my read on the first couple movies and reflects what I personally would like to see explored in the next one.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Phobos on Nov 24, 2020, 09:10:53 PM

Most burgers don't want to read subtitles for the entirety of a movie. I think having a few scenes with subtitles would be better.

:^)

Seriously though, I don't think this is the right sort of movie to go with subtitles.

skhellter

I'd be fine with subtitles.

(it didn't harm Apocalypto at the box office).

No Bad Movies

Oh boy, another predator movie that further ruins the franchise!

Predator is talking here

Predator is talking here

Why doesn't Disney Fox hire a established director and writer for the next installment. We have been down this road too many times hiring no name directors (Strauss brothers) Nimród Antal emend though I enjoy Predators, Paul Anderson made a decent Avp but his movies are mostly game inspired films

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed