User Information

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Should a Predator character have complete dialogue...  (Read 1950 times)

Phobos
Nov 13, 2020, 01:33:06 AM
Reply #15 on: Nov 13, 2020, 01:33:06 AM
I end up humanising it all too much in the same way Stitch suggests. I'm thinking along the lines of who's designing this tech? Who's maintaining it? Who's upgrading it? Who's manufacturing it? Who's training the Predators how to use it? Is there a flight school for the ships?!

That's what happened to me the more I dove into the lore. The more you think about it, the less sense the Predator makes.

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2020, 01:34:38 AM by Gr33n M4n »

Marc505
Nov 13, 2020, 08:40:30 AM
Reply #16 on: Nov 13, 2020, 08:40:30 AM
I end up humanising it all too much in the same way Stitch suggests. I'm thinking along the lines of who's designing this tech? Who's maintaining it? Who's upgrading it? Who's manufacturing it? Who's training the Predators how to use it? Is there a flight school for the ships?!

That's what happened to me the more I dove into the lore. The more you think about it, the less sense the Predator makes.

I came up with a personal headcanon whereby they co-exist with another species who are physically feeble but technological geniuses and they revere eachother equally in some sort of God-like way, knowing one could destroy the other if they pleased. The feeble minded species create the Predator technology in return for safe haven provided by the Predators...

But really, the material we have on hand that is classed as canon is very difficult to make sense of.

The latest Predator film makes things even tougher. I remember someone commenting on here a year or two back saying the technology in the latest The Predator almost verges on being magical in nature, and it really doesnt do it for me.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed